This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

Water genie hot water
« on: November 17, 2020, 10:57:11 pm »
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has one of the above, e bought one, came with no instructions believe it or not, we can't get it to hear the water up,I realise it's not going to be very warm but can't even get it to start up, tried talking to the company we bought it from but think we must be missing something.
Thanks
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Spruce

Re: Water genie hot water
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 11:58:19 am »
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has one of the above, e bought one, came with no instructions believe it or not, we can't get it to hear the water up,I realise it's not going to be very warm but can't even get it to start up, tried talking to the company we bought it from but think we must be missing something.
Thanks

If you bought it new then I would ask Cleaning Warehouse for fitting instructions.  In fact even if you didn't I would still ask them for an instruction manual to support their product.  Is it a 5kw single user or 9.1kw twin user unit?

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/the-water-genie-diesel-hotbox-6501-p.asp

The most obvious question is; is the main fuse in and if it is has it not blown.

The other question is: does it come with a Frostat that starts the unit when the water temps drop to 2 degrees. If so then you could perhaps have the unit powered up in frostat mode which means you will never get it to fire up. That also needs a fuse to the controller. If it hasn't a frostat then there should be another 5 amp fuse to check.

If you bought it second hand then it could well be the unit has locked up.  Is there a flashing led light? This will give you an indication of what the fault is. They suggest that you switch the unit on and then pull the fuse and leave it for 30 seconds. Switch the switch off and reconnect the fuse. The units lock up after they have failed to start three times - no fuel, low voltage or some other fault picked up the the initial diagnostic checks.

In all due honestly this is a complex unit (as all Webasto diesel heaters are) and will be very difficult to trouble shoot by us mortals.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 04:09:59 pm »
Thanks

why wont it be very warm?......all diesel heaters should be able to heat the water up to 50-60c or whats the point?

you should at least have an instruction manual...if not a paper one then a PDF file/link......
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 04:28:44 pm »
It may be a 5kw although internally it would be that temp or recirculating back to tank the output water would probably be more like a steady 40 degrees at the brush,it must have come with a frost stat controller or that feature. 
From what I can remember it’s pre set at about 12 on the flow and it’s  Pre set to come on if the temp dropped.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 05:15:08 pm »
These hot boxes often use a Controller with hot water functions. This is a video to that controller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4wdRIO4NWM&t=33s.

You can also find a PDF guide at http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/V11_Hot_Water2.pdf

The controller has a series of functions that allow the heater to be switch, and a frost protection mode
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 05:56:54 pm »
Flippin eck , that’s a lot of money to expect your water to be not very warm. What’s the point??

One user unit is £2640
Two user unit is £3360

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 06:20:04 pm »
Flippin eck , that’s a lot of money to expect your water to be not very warm. What’s the point??

One user unit is £2640
Two user unit is £3360

theres absolutely no way i would order one of those heaters to fit myself!it cost me around £4.500 to buy my 9kw webasto  heater including fitting,integration into my vans diesel tank,frost stat,battery bank and smart split charge relay,controller and retro fit cabinet..... 8)

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 06:26:20 pm »

One user unit is £2640
Two user unit is £3360

theres absolutely no way i would order one of those heaters to fit myself!it cost me around £4.500 to buy my 9kw webasto  heater including fitting,integration into my vans diesel tank,frost stat,battery bank and smart split charge relay,controller and retro fit cabinet..... 8)

Think I’m gonna order one after Christmas

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 06:47:52 am »

One user unit is £2640
Two user unit is £3360

If you do defo go with grippatank....if its miles away like it was for me take your missus with you and stay overnight in a bed and breakfast.....that's what I did......and cambridge is well worth visiting while their installing it....😁👍

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 07:18:27 am »

One user unit is £2640
Two user unit is £3360

If you do defo go with grippatank....if its miles away like it was for me take your missus with you and stay overnight in a bed and breakfast.....that's what I did......and cambridge is well worth visiting while their installing it....😁👍

I tend to agree with this. Fitting a diesel heater is a complex job. It may look easy but it is far from easy.
It looks like some suppliers like PureFreedom have the controls built into the heater cabinet so the wiring should really just be a positive and negative to the battery, but its more than that.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 10:57:07 am »
Yeah get it fitted and I would use Grippa they know them like the back of their hand.

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 08:08:04 am »
 I see Billozz hasn't been on in the last few days so hasn't seen Ian Sheppards really informative post or any afterwards.

Shame really. I wonder if he did get his Hotbox working?

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 08:14:22 am »
From their website

Installation:

The Water Genie Hotbox can be delivered to your door with full fitting instructions, We can also offer installation at our premises in the West Midlands please call us on 01902637402 for a quotation.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2020, 08:37:23 am »
From their website

Installation:

The Water Genie Hotbox can be delivered to your door with full fitting instructions, We can also offer installation at our premises in the West Midlands please call us on 01902637402 for a quotation.

hopefully thats what he s done....

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2020, 08:38:20 am »
From their website

Installation:

Costs £300 for installation,  i phoned yesterday.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2020, 08:42:04 am »
From their website

Installation:

that sounds cheap.....£750 of the whole cost of my heater and installation was VAT!

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 08:46:54 am »
you dont want a separate diesel tank in the back just for the heater...you want it integrated into your vans tank ideally.....i wonder if they do that?also you need to make sure you have a robust battery bank with a smart split charge relay thats up to the job as the heater is heavy on the batteries.......

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 08:47:26 am »
From their website

Installation:

that sounds cheap.....£750 of the whole cost of my heater and installation was VAT!
That's because you had it fitted by grippa, overpriced!!

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2020, 08:55:11 am »
From their website

Installation:

That's because you had it fitted by grippa, overpriced!!

not necessarily......yes grippatank might charge a premium but you got to be careful with these heaters.......lots of window cleaners have had these installed at various companies and the batteries and charging systems have not been up to the job...lots of them fit a separate tank as well which is not ideal....

remember ionics are the real rip off merchants NOT grippatank.......

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2020, 10:29:50 am »
Grippa are not a rip off look on other websites you’ll see for yourselves they will tailor it to your van and not try and get round plumbing it into your vehicle because it saves time and hassle,the ideal setup is go home plug in the side of the van and forget about it till before bed or breakfast.
Do “not” get a separate marine tank to fill with diesel it doesn’t matter how careful you think you are you’ll spill it and it stinks and it takes forever to evaporate and even then you never really get rid of the smell.
If it’s gonna make life easier pay for it I’ve done all the DIY in the past and I’ve stripped and rebuilt one of these heaters,if it’s not done right you’ll be spending countless nights out on the drive trying to fathom what’s wrong with it in -temperatures,I’ve done it myself never again get it fitted correctly from the beginning Oliver’s the main man with Webasto.