This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blackadder

Exterior building clean start up
« on: November 08, 2020, 08:55:29 am »
Hi all. A friend of mine has contacts for a lot of communal buildings and has asked me to go in with him on exterior cleaning of these places. Generally only 3 storeys in height. Just trying to get an idea of the best kit and where to buy it from, hope someone can help me. Not sure whether steam clean pressure washing or soft washing (that may even be the same thing   ;D) is the best thing to use and obviously would need an extendable Lance to reach at height. Does anybody have any advice they could share please. Thanks

Smudger

Re: Exterior building clean start up
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 08:36:41 pm »
So many variables - it depends on what your removing and what the surface is - its not a one size fits all type of thing

forget the extrendable lance they are awful - heavy - and usually a pain in the backside - any height work you should allow for access equipment

in my honest opinion - if you have no experience then don't start this line of business - you could cause a lot of damage before you know it

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 07:50:18 am »
Hi all. A friend of mine has contacts for a lot of communal buildings and has asked me to go in with him on exterior cleaning of these places. Generally only 3 storeys in height. Just trying to get an idea of the best kit and where to buy it from, hope someone can help me. Not sure whether steam clean pressure washing or soft washing (that may even be the same thing   ;D) is the best thing to use and obviously would need an extendable Lance to reach at height. Does anybody have any advice they could share please. Thanks

You need a pressure washer, of at least 21LPM, you need to get an IPAF license, you need to make sure PL insurance & EL insurance will cover any eventualities.

Now kit -

My kit is -

41 LPM diesel pressure washer.

Hose reel & 200 metres of HP hose.

Chemical hose reel.

WFP hose reel.

3/4 200 metres hose reel (fill up)

Extending lances (fibreglass & carbon fibre) - my works cover fuel station canopies and I do use an extending lance, to 6 or seven metres for whole shifts. There is a technique to making it more comfortable but it still exacts a great deal from your upper body and arms.

Every variable length of lances, all quick connect & split flow.

Cones, signage, hose conduit (for taking water over roads)

An account with Aquam (for hiring hydrant risers nationally)

And other things!

If you're offering high level cleaning take into account that everything underneath it may need cleaning down, once the high level is rinsed off, will the windows/doorways need cleaning, will paving need rinsing off.

The work is much bigger than the surface being worked on.

Footfall - will you be working in a live environment, potential of out of hours working.

If you are working in live environments then don't, get someone like me, who is well versed to 'assist'

Work with someone that has the experience to show pitfalls, correct procedures before you start.

Risk assessments & method statements need to be tight and cover all angles - write them so they cover your ar*e.

You have a great opportunity to bring in a lot of work, don't throw it away by showing a lack of capability or confidence in what you are doing.

Without trying to grab your works I will offer assistance and or offer over the phone help.

All the best.

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 07:45:30 pm »
Good advice above or do what i do ......... Close my eyes , act dumb and hope for the best  ;D
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 09:43:00 am »
Pikey