This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Bolton

Lockdown
« on: November 02, 2020, 11:36:05 am »
Hi, I’ve currently have customers booked in for there oven clean in November and not sure if to cancel because of lockdown anybody else having same dilemma

Mike Halliday

Re: Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 04:52:24 pm »
No. I can work without any direct contact with the customer So have no issues working through this lockdown. I wouldn't contact customers and cancel,  I would leave the ball in their court.

I think you can clean an oven using the back door and have the customer stay out of the kitchen use hand sanitiser and wear a mask.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Tony Bolton

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 07:13:03 pm »
Thanks Mike, not sure what the government guidelines are very vague as usual.

dustee

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 08:22:47 pm »
guideline is this
cleaners , etc can still enter other peoples homes to work

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 09:17:42 pm »
As above - you can continue as you can't work from home - just be mindful some people may be worried - id ring them on the day and outline the procedure - ie.. arrival time - access - ppe used etc...

and take it from there

Good luck, stay safe

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 05:38:52 am »
The biggest problem we will have is people thinking we are not working so they don’t call,

I’ve had  less calls over the last week  and I think it will be a slow time over the next month but I’ve had a fantastic year to luckily my bank Balance  is quite healthy  so I can ride out the storm,

I wouldn’t like to be a new starter at this time
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Tony Bolton

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 08:54:43 am »
Thanks for the advice everyone, I’ll continue with my appointments hopefully won’t get to many cancellations over the next month.
Stay safe everyone
Thanks