Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.J.M

Do you take payments upfront
« on: October 29, 2020, 03:29:51 pm »
As above. 
I don't like waiting for bank transfers and the like some companies most lately who have done work for me. Ask for payment first.    Is any of you doing this

Michael

Nobby

Re: Do you take payments upfront
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 08:23:37 am »
Never, I send an emailed invoice when the job is complete and the customer pays by BACs. I take the odd card payment if the customer prefers.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 09:13:29 am »
For domestics it’s Payment is on completion of the clean, either by cheque, cash or BACS but it the want to pay online then they do it there and then.

For commercial if I’m dealing with the owner then I usually mention that if they could pay on completion it would appreciated but big companies I invoice them

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dustee

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 10:23:08 pm »
imo it doesn't look professional asking for payment up front , either on completion or with in 14 days  usually ends up 28 days

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 06:15:04 am »
Dustee, are talking both domestic & commercial?

Lewis Newby

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 09:18:43 am »
I wouldn't dream of asking for it upfront , o feel it shows a lack of trusting your customer , if you feel this way you have the wrong clients possibly?

I always discuss when booking how and when I expect to be paid , most ask if I take card or cheque, but I prefer cash or Bacs (all invoiced and recorded using QuickBooks app).

I have had 1 or 2 over the last 11 years who haven't made payment and I've struggled to get payment , a couple I've had to let go as they weren't worth the frustration ,but other then being more selective of my clients when booking I'm happy to continue the way I have been for the time being at least

All the best

Lewis

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 09:23:22 am »
I wouldn't dream of asking for it upfront , o feel it shows a lack of trusting your customer , if you feel this way you have the wrong clients possibly?

I always discuss when booking how and when I expect to be paid , most ask if I take card or cheque, but I prefer cash or Bacs (all invoiced and recorded using QuickBooks app).

I have had 1 or 2 over the last 11 years who haven't made payment and I've struggled to get payment , a couple I've had to let go as they weren't worth the frustration ,but other then being more selective of my clients when booking I'm happy to continue the way I have been for the time being at least

All the best

Lewis

Again or you talking about domestic or commercial?

dustee

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 08:06:21 pm »
Mike  , domestic  on completion ,  commercial on completion or within 14 days

Asking for upfront payment doe's not look professional  , if your not sure about being paid in the first place then walk away

M.J.M

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 09:20:14 pm »
Ok thanks a lot. 👍