Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joetastic

is it worth going to small claims?
« on: September 29, 2020, 07:40:44 pm »
hey,

new here, so sorry if this is in wrong place of the website.

i have an unpaid debt for £150 that's a few months old, i can see with this site with a late payment compensation calculator with the extra compensation i can probably get it to £200 or more . my question is, is it worth it in anyone's experience? is it quick to get to court? or will they get scared and pay up. i'm confident i will win if it went that far, i think they're just trying it on

joetastic

Re: is it worth going to small claims?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 07:41:17 pm »
also if i had to wait ages to go to court i think i keep getting extra compensation because of the time?

AnnaMeekins92

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 08:50:51 am »
Little cases are at times called 'money claims'. They're intended to be basic, so you most likely needn't bother with a solicitor.

Before you start a small claim, attempt to tackle the issue another way on the off chance that you can - for instance, by submitting a question or utilizing formal intercession.

Here and there, simply beginning a small case is sufficient to make the individual or business you're asserting against pay, so you probably won't need to go to court at all.

Just remember that it might not be worth making a claim if it’s going to cost you almost as much as you’re claiming, so in this case I think it's better to avoid any court ;)

Darran Pryce

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 01:54:29 pm »
I would yes it is. It's the principle.

End of the day its your money, you've done the graft.  To be honest I use a solicitors in Leeds.  This is my legal page on my website https://www.squeakandbubbles.co.uk/payment.html

We always carry out late payment as per our legal page.  Yes you pay more using a solicitor, but you claim it back.  Always looks better with a solicitors letter. Then if it goes to court the solicitors does it all for you.  All fees you claim back from the person or company your owed money from.  Only ever taken 1 person and 3 companies to court. Got all my money back plus if commercial you can charge interest per day and every day you have not been paid.