This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim Barrett

Are Pirtek comparable on price to eBay etc
« on: September 25, 2020, 07:40:37 pm »
Evening.

I’m new here and looking to start up a part time business next year pressure washing drives and patios alongside my ‘real’ job.

Firstly, thank you to the admin/ mods and contributors that make this forum what it is. I’ve already gleaned a lot of information to help get me started and I’m truly appreciative of you all sharing your wealth of knowledge.

One question I can’t find the answer to;

Are Pirtek comparable on price and quality for items such as high pressure hose, hose reels and fittings compared to the popular mail order suppliers regularly mentioned on here?

Reason being, I have a large branch of Pirtek about 500 yards from my house and it’d be handy to show examples of what I’m after or see what I’m wanting. Likewise I don’t want my pants pulled down!

Thanks in advance.

Smudger

Re: Are Pirtek comparable on price to eBay etc
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 09:53:41 pm »
I doubt it - best way is to ask them for prices

I do recall trying them several years ago and they didn't sell the sizes commonly used in p/w

Remember you get different grades single and twin wire other than that high pressure hose should meet British standards

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Jim Barrett

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 11:35:16 pm »
Thanks Darran.

I’ll have a wander round and ask them.

I thought they may be more expensive, just wanted to know if anyone had any first hand experience.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 01:40:32 pm »
I found them to be expensive but for small price items  I would put convenience over cost saving. the fact they are 500yds away is Worth paying slightly more for and also for quick repairs.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jim Barrett

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 11:53:49 pm »
Thanks Mike. I’ll price up what I need from eBay and then pop round and ask them what they can do.

Completely agree that it’s worth paying a touch more for convenience. I think for 100ft hose I’m going to be best off phoning some of the suppliers recommended on here.

I just find sometimes you can’t beat dealing face to face and look and feel what you’re buying first.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 07:07:40 am »
I use a local hydraulic repair company the same as Pirtek but not a National company. I find they just make up the prices depending what mood they are in. They are used to dealing with people From companies (who have  accounts) not just people who walk in paying cash.

If it’s a small item like a few O rings for my quick connects they tend to just give me them than have the hassle of looking for change or fill in in a receipt.

Upto £50 I just make a joke about not needing a receipt and just put the money in the tea caddy, it’s amazing how often they say “just give me £20” :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk