This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Lichen
« on: September 25, 2020, 07:58:51 am »
Just turned up at a job with 200 solar panels on some low walkable roofs, covered in lichen, hot water and elbow grease wasn’t enough and also it has been raining all night so thinking already wet would of helped but no joy, cleaned plenty in past with this problem and most are ok just nothing on this large scale, what would you guys do? Is it best to walk away?

zesty

Re: Lichen
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 08:16:32 am »
Pressure wash, it’s the quickest way.

Been several threads on it, some of us use high pressure, some don’t.

Those of us that have used high pressure have never had a problem, and it works a treat!

Stephen burton

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 08:57:23 am »
I have a friend who works for speedy hire and can hire me one dirt cheap, can you get extra large hoses and lances so I can reach all panels they are about 6 panels high

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 10:59:59 am »
If access isn’t a issue spray with hypo - leave for 10 mins then scrub - p/w also good but use the method your most happy with

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 11:16:47 am »
I have a friend who works for speedy hire and can hire me one dirt cheap, can you get extra large hoses and lances so I can reach all panels they are about 6 panels high

I’ve never pressure washer panels that I can’t access with ease.

If they are on a roof that’s inaccessible, hypo may work as Darran has said. Though in my experience, unless this is a well paid job, walk away. Even when using hypo, it doesn’t always work with stubborn lichen. Can end up being a job you wish you hadn’t bothered with!

the king

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 08:32:30 pm »
biocide may be a better option spray leve it to kill the lichen then go back to clean