This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

noizeo

Hi chaps, been ask by local council to provide  them with copies of your training certificates to demonstrate competency for you and your employees ?
We don't have these, are there any online course we can do?

Many thanks

Gringo

Spruce

Hi chaps, been ask by local council to provide  them with copies of your training certificates to demonstrate competency for you and your employees ?
We don't have these, are there any online course we can do?

Many thanks

Online! I doubt it.

We did an NVQ on window cleaning wfp around 10 years ago with Impact 43 in conjunction with South Thames College. It was a government sponsored course which ceased when funds dried up.

It was a full day train course, a  day a week over a month. There was lots of practical and video training given. At the end we had to pass an exam which involved us cleaning a chosen property from our own  window cleaning route to show our competence in all aspects of window cleaning and pedestrian control. An adjudicator from the training course did the inspection. As we cleaned we had to verbally communicate our processes as to what and why we were doing things the way we were. If memory serves me it took around 3 months to fully complete the training and receive our NVQ certificates.

We did this training course to show the council we were certified window cleaners. They never asked to see our qualifications but slowly over the years took jobs away from us for their own window cleaning team. Now we don't do any work for the council.

There was a company advertising window cleaning training some time back. Sorry I can't remember who it was. But it wasn't online. 
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ooooooog

Send them your training matrix.

As a minimum, you should be doing

First aid
Manual handling
Working at heights
H and S level 1

Depending on your work

TomCrowther

I did the same as Spruce. NVQ ten years back with Impact 43. One of the attendees was hilarious. Didn't really give a poo whether he passed or not. On one the practical lessons,  he dripped dirty water all over a chair from his boab. The instructor asked him to do it again, this time without watering the chair. " are you effing joking"? he asked. "No i'm effing not" said the instructor.
 I also did other stuff such as IOSH safety cert's and working at height etc with the FWC.
If you employ, it's especially important to have the first aid, manual handling, ladder safety, ladder/equipment checks etc done and signed by the staff. Then, if there ever is an incident you can prove the steps you took to mitigate against such an occurrence.

Pete Thompson

I did some training years ago with the British Window Cleaning Academy, it was top notch, especially the marketing course.

I still have the certificates somewhere.

Think they still do it.

http://www.bwca.co.uk

noizeo

Thank you chaps, a lot of great advise.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

depending on there rules you also made need a vat number first as well if your not already vated