Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adrian Marsh

To be expected?
« on: September 23, 2020, 07:27:02 pm »
Had a few jobs cancelled by concerned clients which had been booked for completion over the next few weeks.  Is this a surprise? Probably not. It's a shame that, despite being a job perfectly suitable for social distancing, some have been made so scared by media and government they feel they can't handle the thought of have work done within their home. One re-booked for the new year; "when all this is over".  ;D

Anyone else experiencing covid cancellations?

M.J.M

Re: To be expected?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 07:36:49 pm »
Not cancellations but very quiet
Iam stating for  any inside work
I will wear mask gloves and fresh  overshoes     it's stopped 2 cancellations at the moment  ::)roll

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 07:50:55 pm »
Not cancellations but very quiet
Iam stating for  any inside work
I will wear mask gloves and fresh  overshoes     it's stopped 2 cancellations at the moment  ::)roll

Yes, seems to be a bit of a square wheel atm. Had a quiet week this week but stacked out for next week and the week after.

mjm

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 08:02:33 pm »
yes same  but nothing after    very worying times  for people lot  of people  were working from home  then last week went back to offices now been told go home come back new year
i work in london mainly  terreced houses no parking so machine has to go inside house   the 3rd vacs noisy  no silencer  customers on conference calls all day  so most of my work is slowing  may have to start leaving machine in back garden or front garden depends on there office      very awkwark this    not happy at all 

the good thing is iam getting my van sign written ther coming to do it when iam on a job and fit outside  so hassle there

what a mess this world is at present  ???

homenclean

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 11:33:21 pm »
I can echo these comments, we are in North Yorkshire and the phone has just stopped ringing, I even rang my self the other day to check all is working as it should.

A large part of my business is nice local pubs and restaurants and 2 establishments with multiple sites locally, due to a slow down they won’t spend, would normally do each restaurant every 3 to 4 months.

I did think this would come and I am a little surprised how busy IV been till now, hopefully with the governments latest line of restrictions and a little more clarity things might pick up, if not it’s time to don the rain coat and go out leaflet distributing (had a load printed with offers on in anticipation during 1st lock down).

Stay happy and healthy everyone.

John

Lewis Newby

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 10:01:38 am »
I've been very quiet the last couple of weeks, the majority being end of tenancy cleans and some repeat middle age and younger people who were happy to leave me to it. I've not had a booking from older customers for some time, which isn't ideal living in a retirement area.

That said I did pause my Google advertising when this all happened ,and I was spending around £300 a month I guess, so I can afford to drop a few smaller jobs. I am just looking at resuming the advertising now ,but I was holding off incase of a second wave.

I am seeing lots of local cheaper cleaners looking busy, now I price myself middle of the road ,and I don't really want to have to bust my guts doing cut price work so perhaps it's time to look at refining my service,polishing my act and aiming to up my prices . In my head I know it's the better move,but always a risk moving out of ones comfort zone

All the best

Lewis

RPCCS

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 10:59:47 am »
Had a few jobs cancelled by concerned clients which had been booked for completion over the next few weeks.  Is this a surprise? Probably not. It's a shame that, despite being a job perfectly suitable for social distancing, some have been made so scared by media and government they feel they can't handle the thought of have work done within their home. One re-booked for the new year; "when all this is over"
Thats a laugh the last sentence . It won't be over it will keep coming back.
Cheers Rich