This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

deeege

Re: best window cleaning hourly rate jobs?.....
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 11:49:48 am »
Mate of mine is a plasterer, he earns serious dosh.  £300 a day is pretty ‘easy’ for him. Not weather dependent either. There aren’t many window cleaners doing £300 every day. That’s for certain!

But who wants to be doing that all day.

Sparky is a good trade, clean, dry and well paid if self employed...

Young mans game plastering. Show me a plasterer that’s 40+ and his shoulders aren’t knackered yet.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 01:05:51 pm »
Mate of mine is a plasterer, he earns serious dosh.  £300 a day is pretty ‘easy’ for him. Not weather dependent either. There aren’t many window cleaners doing £300 every day. That’s for certain!

Young mans game plastering. Show me a plasterer that’s 40+ and his shoulders aren
’t knackered yet.

To be fair, when I say mate, he’s 70 and still going deegee, he’s been our family plasterer for years.

You’re correct though, but he seems healthy, just says he doesn’t enjoy skimming ceilings anymore! Hard work!

Mind you, £500 a day isn’t too hard in that trade.

He did our lounge, landing and hallway ceilings for £390 Cash in one day. And that’s mates rates. At 70! Nutter!

deeege

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 01:27:20 pm »

Young mans game plastering. Show me a plasterer that’s 40+ and his shoulders aren
’t knackered yet.

To be fair, when I say mate, he’s 70 and still going deegee, he’s been our family plasterer for years.

You’re correct though, but he seems healthy, just says he doesn’t enjoy skimming ceilings anymore! Hard work!

He did our lounge, landing and hallway ceilings for £390 Cash in one day. And that’s mates rates. At 70! Nutter!

Fair play to him. When I was renovating a house 3-4 years ago I got a plasterer who was happy to work for £120 / day cash. Only 6 hour days and I had to supply the materials. He skimmed the full house for around £1k. 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 01:53:47 pm »
I have several pensioners flats in one road, £150 takes about 90 minuets

zesty

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 01:57:27 pm »

’t knackered yet.

Fair play to him. When I was renovating a house 3-4 years ago I got a plasterer who was happy to work for £120 / day cash. Only 6 hour days and I had to supply the materials. He skimmed the full house for around £1k. 😂

£120 a day! The poor bloke  :o

Martin-Swinscoe

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 03:43:17 pm »
If the tax man is reading this my best hourly rate is £11.50 for a great big 6  bedroom house

If he's not it's £75 for the same house

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »
Too late now, it’s all Dazmond talks about!

The truth is Dave most newbies wont be earning much money for a few years unless they spend a few quid on buying rounds,advertising and canvassers........and lots of refining and hard work...

The truth is Daz, that the vast majority of experienced window cleaners don't earn anything near some of the rates boasted about on here. It gives newbies, and nosy parkers a very wrong impression of our trade as a whole.

im on course for a record month this september (my first £5,000 a month).....just regular window cleaning jobs too!no add ons! 8) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 05:01:22 pm »
I have several pensioners flats in one road, £150 takes about 90 minuets

Plastering?

TomCrowther

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 06:55:45 pm »
I saw a post the other day on fb, a woman was asking how much tradesmen charge to do various jobs, there was a plasterer who charges 150 a day and a joiner 180 a day.

I darent say some window cleaners can spank that off in a good morning. 😁

Its why sometimes i wish all these forums and fb window cleaning groups didnt exist, what we can earn is ridiculous for splashing some water about, it needs to be kept a better secret than encouraging everyone on the internet to start up.
When I see posts like this every now and then I just don't understand it?
You aren't just splashing water about. If you were, you wouldn't be able to make a business out of it?

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 07:29:48 pm »

Any sole trader if he cannot earn £250-350 per day after being established for  a couple of years needs to be taking a serious look at pricing , he’s obviously doing something seriously wrong .

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 08:24:35 pm »

Any sole trader if he cannot earn £250-350 per day after being established for  a couple of years needs to be taking a serious look at pricing , he’s obviously doing something seriously wrong .

Yes an no, you cant expect to charge the same in sunderland as Southampton.

As long as you are priced and earning well for your area thats all that matters.

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 08:25:24 pm »
I saw a post the other day on fb, a woman was asking how much tradesmen charge to do various jobs, there was a plasterer who charges 150 a day and a joiner 180 a day.

I darent say some window cleaners can spank that off in a good morning. 😁

Its why sometimes i wish all these forums and fb window cleaning groups didnt exist, what we can earn is ridiculous for splashing some water about, it needs to be kept a better secret than encouraging everyone on the internet to start up.
When I see posts like this every now and then I just don't understand it?
You aren't just splashing water about. If you were, you wouldn't be able to make a business out of it?

Why not? Seems like most of us have managed to make a business out if it..

Phil J

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2020, 08:37:40 pm »
Row of terrace houses, £5 a pop. £40 before you can bungie the ladders back on the ford Cortina's roof.

zesty

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2020, 08:49:20 pm »

Be honest splash, most window cleaners aren’t earning £350 a day. They Just aren’t.

Not because they can’t, it’s mainly because you’d be working longer hours and it’s boring. So they don’t. Most do £200-£250 max. If that.

Hence so many claiming the government grant, which was only available for those earning under £50k. £200 a day.

Shrek

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2020, 09:36:24 pm »

Be honest splash, most window cleaners aren’t earning £350 a day. They Just aren’t.

Not because they can’t, it’s mainly because you’d be working longer hours and it’s boring. So they don’t. Most do £200-£250 max. If that.

Hence so many claiming the government grant, which was only available for those earning under £50k. £200 a day.

Ah... that explains why Nigel claimed the grant 😂

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2020, 09:47:36 pm »

Each to there own but I know several cleaners near me that earn those figures every day of the week , 20 years ago I was doing well over £200 trad , it was hard work and 8 hour days but I did it , some choose to only work 3 days a week on 4-6 hours a day  and earn well over £200 , but again I do  agree  pricing does differ from area to area , Ime lucky where I am lots of wealthy retired people  with relatively small but very expensive houses that are happy to pay good money , how much would you charge for  this , similar amount of windows on the front ?? Takes less than an hour to do

NWH

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 09:51:39 pm »
Got pics of all sides.

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 09:58:27 pm »
Got pics of all sides.

No but front is similar and there are two atrium roofs on the extension

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2020, 07:56:58 pm »
You've got to love the money threads on CIU, it's better that prime time TV at the minute!!🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2020, 07:31:35 am »
People read these threads and their limiting beliefs convince them that it’s just bullpoop and exaggeration  when high prices are mentioned, this is a mental protective measure to stop them feeling inadequate. It’s easier to see a price as a lie than as evidence that high prices are achievable.

Some people will have read this topic and chosen not to comment As there best hourly rate wouldn't have been believed and they couldn't be arsed to qualify it

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk