Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

best window cleaning hourly rate jobs?.....
« on: September 17, 2020, 04:26:00 pm »
mines a childrens home.......£90 for 60 mins work......cleaned it today............ive also got a few houses where i can earn £80 an hour but they are few and far between....still nice when they come around though...... :)
price higher/work harder!

deeege

Re: best window cleaning hourly rate jobs?.....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 04:50:04 pm »
I have one ridiculously priced job, £230  monthly and I’m not there longer than 2 hours. Could be done within the hour easily but I drag it out a bit.

Keep thinking that one day they’ll pull the plug but I’ve had this job for over 7 years.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 05:51:19 pm »
Posh block of flats 4 hours work, £519. 3 monthly.

Children’s nursery, 2 hours, £300, bi-monthly.

Ste M

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 06:03:58 pm »
Been a while since we had a willy waving post.  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 06:06:03 pm »
Buckingham palace daily, 1 million takes less than an hour 😂😂😂😂

swanson

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:03:24 pm »
 £185 OFFICE BLOCK 8 WEEKLY ;D

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 08:30:29 pm »
I did a one off job the other day.
The customer was desperate to have her converted Chapel windows cleaned as she was having photos taken of the place.
When I turned up to clean no one about so text her , called her. No response!
So thought she wanted them doing so got gear out to make a start.
Then she appeared - over the moon I turned up.
So she said crack on.
So spent some time doing thorough job.
When I finished, knocked on door for payment.
Bloke appears ( possibly husband)
He says - Yes?
So I asked for payment- £50.
He just about blew his top.
He said is that your hourly rate? ( I had been there an 1hr 15mins.
I said most tradesmen charge that now.
He angrily assured me - no tradesmen he used charge that.
I started foolishly trying to justify the cost.
He was having none of it.
Thought about throwing money back in his face.
I just calmly walked away.
😊

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 08:40:10 pm »
I did a one off job the other day.
The customer was desperate to have her converted Chapel windows cleaned as she was having photos taken of the place.
When I turned up to clean no one about so text her , called her. No response!
So thought she wanted them doing so got gear out to make a start.
Then she appeared - over the moon I turned up.
So she said crack on.
So spent some time doing thorough job.
When I finished, knocked on door for payment.
Bloke appears ( possibly husband)
He says - Yes?
So I asked for payment- £50.
He just about blew his top.
He said is that your hourly rate? ( I had been there an 1hr 15mins.
I said most tradesmen charge that now.
He angrily assured me - no tradesmen he used charge that.
I started foolishly trying to justify the cost.
He was having none of it.
Thought about throwing money back in his face.
I just calmly walked away.
😊

SOME PEOPLE HAVENT GOT A CLUE....esp if they ve never run their own business before......they dont understand expenses/tax/no holiday/sick pay,etc,etc.......all they see is you ve only been there an hour or so for £50! ;D

Ched

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 08:44:53 pm »
SOME PEOPLE HAVENT GOT A CLUE....esp if they ve never run their own business before......they dont understand expenses/tax/no holiday/sick pay,etc,etc.......all they see is you ve only been there an hour or so for £50! ;D
So true.
When working for a big company my charge out rate was in excess of 4 x my hourly rate. So £40 an hour would equate to £10 and hour pay, the rest was profit, holiday/sick pay and overheads.

The way I saw the post was that he was doing her a favour for a 1 off clean at short notice £50 seems very good value.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 08:49:05 pm »
I said to him a work most of the week on my regular customers that I have loyally served for over 20yrs for a similar hourly rate.
He spouted off about owning a multi million pound company and he understands business.
I thought of asking him what his hourly rate is?
😁

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 08:50:05 pm »
I have one small estate of new builds, 7 houses where i can reach them all without moving the truck

Its about £80s worth and if im in the mood i can spank them off in an hour.

Sadly thats the only really compact work i have, generally im about £45ph.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 09:08:44 pm »
I said to him a work most of the week on my regular customers that I have loyally served for over 20yrs for a similar hourly rate.
He spouted off about owning a multi million pound company and he understands business.
I thought of asking him what his hourly rate is?
😁

remember your "just a window cleaner"...... ;D.......some people(ex customers by the way)dont think you should earn enough from this job to drive around in nice cars/vans and go on a few luxury holidays abroad every year...... :D

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 09:21:58 pm »
I saw a post the other day on fb, a woman was asking how much tradesmen charge to do various jobs, there was a plasterer who charges 150 a day and a joiner 180 a day.

I darent say some window cleaners can spank that off in a good morning. 😁

Its why sometimes i wish all these forums and fb window cleaning groups didnt exist, what we can earn is ridiculous for splashing some water about, it needs to be kept a better secret than encouraging everyone on the internet to start up.

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 10:31:23 pm »
Too late now, it’s all Dazmond talks about!

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 10:34:18 pm »
I saw a post the other day on fb, a woman was asking how much tradesmen charge to do various jobs, there was a plasterer who charges 150 a day and a joiner 180 a day.

Its why sometimes i wish all these forums and fb window cleaning groups didnt exist, what we can earn is ridiculous for splashing some water about, it needs to be kept a better secret than encouraging everyone on the internet to start up.

Then stop contributing to it  ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 08:28:24 am »

The truth is Dave most newbies wont be earning much money for a few years unless they spend a few quid on buying rounds,advertising and canvassers........and lots of refining and hard work...

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 08:33:19 am »

My dad was always trying to get me to train as a plasterer,plumber or some other proper trade years ago.....

No thanks.......I said I prefer the Mickey mouse trade of window cleaning.....🤣👍

zesty

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 09:00:22 am »
Mate of mine is a plasterer, he earns serious dosh.  £300 a day is pretty ‘easy’ for him. Not weather dependent either. There aren’t many window cleaners doing £300 every day. That’s for certain!

But who wants to be doing that all day.

Sparky is a good trade, clean, dry and well paid if self employed...

NBwcs

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 10:23:02 am »

The truth is Dave most newbies wont be earning much money for a few years unless they spend a few quid on buying rounds,advertising and canvassers........and lots of refining and hard work...

The truth is Daz, that the vast majority of experienced window cleaners don't earn anything near some of the rates boasted about on here. It gives newbies, and nosy parkers a very wrong impression of our trade as a whole.

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 11:48:59 am »
My best hourly rates are not so much one job, but runs of terraced house fronts at a tenner each. Have enough of these per street in a row and it's easy to see hourly rates exceeding £80-£100. It's hard to keep that pace up constantly though or even be motivated to. I can't be bothered to do that anymore.

deeege

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 11:49:48 am »
Mate of mine is a plasterer, he earns serious dosh.  £300 a day is pretty ‘easy’ for him. Not weather dependent either. There aren’t many window cleaners doing £300 every day. That’s for certain!

Young mans game plastering. Show me a plasterer that’s 40+ and his shoulders aren’t knackered yet.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 01:05:51 pm »

Young mans game plastering. Show me a plasterer that’s 40+ and his shoulders aren
’t knackered yet.

To be fair, when I say mate, he’s 70 and still going deegee, he’s been our family plasterer for years.

You’re correct though, but he seems healthy, just says he doesn’t enjoy skimming ceilings anymore! Hard work!

Mind you, £500 a day isn’t too hard in that trade.

He did our lounge, landing and hallway ceilings for £390 Cash in one day. And that’s mates rates. At 70! Nutter!

deeege

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 01:27:20 pm »

Young mans game plastering. Show me a plasterer that’s 40+ and his shoulders aren
’t knackered yet.

To be fair, when I say mate, he’s 70 and still going deegee, he’s been our family plasterer for years.

You’re correct though, but he seems healthy, just says he doesn’t enjoy skimming ceilings anymore! Hard work!

He did our lounge, landing and hallway ceilings for £390 Cash in one day. And that’s mates rates. At 70! Nutter!

Fair play to him. When I was renovating a house 3-4 years ago I got a plasterer who was happy to work for £120 / day cash. Only 6 hour days and I had to supply the materials. He skimmed the full house for around £1k. 😂

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 01:53:47 pm »
I have several pensioners flats in one road, £150 takes about 90 minuets

zesty

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 01:57:27 pm »

’t knackered yet.

Fair play to him. When I was renovating a house 3-4 years ago I got a plasterer who was happy to work for £120 / day cash. Only 6 hour days and I had to supply the materials. He skimmed the full house for around £1k. 😂

£120 a day! The poor bloke  :o

Martin-Swinscoe

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 03:43:17 pm »
If the tax man is reading this my best hourly rate is £11.50 for a great big 6  bedroom house

If he's not it's £75 for the same house

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »

The truth is Daz, that the vast majority of experienced window cleaners don't earn anything near some of the rates boasted about on here. It gives newbies, and nosy parkers a very wrong impression of our trade as a whole.

im on course for a record month this september (my first £5,000 a month).....just regular window cleaning jobs too!no add ons! 8) ;D

Slacky

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 05:01:22 pm »
I have several pensioners flats in one road, £150 takes about 90 minuets

Plastering?

TomCrowther

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 06:55:45 pm »

When I see posts like this every now and then I just don't understand it?
You aren't just splashing water about. If you were, you wouldn't be able to make a business out of it?

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 07:29:48 pm »

Any sole trader if he cannot earn £250-350 per day after being established for  a couple of years needs to be taking a serious look at pricing , he’s obviously doing something seriously wrong .

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 08:24:35 pm »

Any sole trader if he cannot earn £250-350 per day after being established for  a couple of years needs to be taking a serious look at pricing , he’s obviously doing something seriously wrong .

Yes an no, you cant expect to charge the same in sunderland as Southampton.

As long as you are priced and earning well for your area thats all that matters.

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 08:25:24 pm »

When I see posts like this every now and then I just don't understand it?
You aren't just splashing water about. If you were, you wouldn't be able to make a business out of it?

Why not? Seems like most of us have managed to make a business out if it..

Phil J

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2020, 08:37:40 pm »
Row of terrace houses, £5 a pop. £40 before you can bungie the ladders back on the ford Cortina's roof.

zesty

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2020, 08:49:20 pm »

Be honest splash, most window cleaners aren’t earning £350 a day. They Just aren’t.

Not because they can’t, it’s mainly because you’d be working longer hours and it’s boring. So they don’t. Most do £200-£250 max. If that.

Hence so many claiming the government grant, which was only available for those earning under £50k. £200 a day.

Shrek

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2020, 09:36:24 pm »

Be honest splash, most window cleaners aren’t earning £350 a day. They Just aren’t.

Not because they can’t, it’s mainly because you’d be working longer hours and it’s boring. So they don’t. Most do £200-£250 max. If that.

Hence so many claiming the government grant, which was only available for those earning under £50k. £200 a day.

Ah... that explains why Nigel claimed the grant 😂

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2020, 09:47:36 pm »

Each to there own but I know several cleaners near me that earn those figures every day of the week , 20 years ago I was doing well over £200 trad , it was hard work and 8 hour days but I did it , some choose to only work 3 days a week on 4-6 hours a day  and earn well over £200 , but again I do  agree  pricing does differ from area to area , Ime lucky where I am lots of wealthy retired people  with relatively small but very expensive houses that are happy to pay good money , how much would you charge for  this , similar amount of windows on the front ?? Takes less than an hour to do

NWH

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 09:51:39 pm »
Got pics of all sides.

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 09:58:27 pm »
Got pics of all sides.

No but front is similar and there are two atrium roofs on the extension

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2020, 07:56:58 pm »
You've got to love the money threads on CIU, it's better that prime time TV at the minute!!🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2020, 07:31:35 am »
People read these threads and their limiting beliefs convince them that it’s just bullpoop and exaggeration  when high prices are mentioned, this is a mental protective measure to stop them feeling inadequate. It’s easier to see a price as a lie than as evidence that high prices are achievable.

Some people will have read this topic and chosen not to comment As there best hourly rate wouldn't have been believed and they couldn't be arsed to qualify it

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2020, 07:48:35 am »
People read these threads and their limiting beliefs convince them that it’s just bullpoop and exaggeration  when high prices are mentioned, this is a mental protective measure to stop them feeling inadequate. It’s easier to see a price as a lie than as evidence that high prices are achievable.

Some people will have read this topic and chosen not to comment As there best hourly rate wouldn't have been believed and they couldn't be arsed to qualify it

I think your quite spot on with your comments Mike.
Also, I think it has to be considered that, a majority of work is 'Average' price (and that can vary area to area) but I always get the feeling reading these threads that many of those who post really good figures try to portray themselves as always getting this rate as the 'norm'  maybe it's just a way to massage their own ego there is also a 'snobbery' about the fact they get a good paying work, with little put downs to those who  have yet to find their golden goose - the thing is if you've been around here long enough  many of these 'wonder' cleaners also whine and cry when losing a customer, or the cost of a penny washer - Which a always find interesting.

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2020, 08:46:24 am »

And others just see it as one-upmanship, willy waving, B/S and generally poor taste on a public forum! 👍
Comfortably Numb!

zesty

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2020, 08:54:05 am »
It would be very interesting if everyone posted their sa302’s for the last tax year!

I think we’d see an average wage of maybe 30k.

NWH

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2020, 11:19:12 am »
Trades do not charge 150-200-250 a day it’s complete nonsense I’ve had a fair bit of work done on the house over the past few years and if you sit down and work out the labour it’s no where near those daily prices,just had another quote for work with very little materials involved they need to be purchased after the building work.
3 weeks of basically labour 9000 for the builder and a handful of of days using his son apprentice as I say without materials.

Smudger

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2020, 11:28:25 am »
So your bing charged 600 a day labour 🤣

Norfolk is no where near that most workout at around the 200 mark

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2020, 12:31:24 pm »
Trades do not charge 150-200-250 a day it’s complete nonsense I’ve had a fair bit of work done on the house over the past few years and if you sit down and work out the labour it’s no where near those daily prices,just had another quote for work with very little materials involved they need to be purchased after the building work.
3 weeks of basically labour 9000 for the builder and a handful of of days using his son apprentice as I say without materials.

Your builder thinks your a mug, it’s as simple as that.

*Its possible he’s read your back posts  on here.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2020, 12:31:55 pm »
So your bing charged 600 a day labour 🤣

Norfolk is no where near that most workout at around the 200 mark

Darran

Depends how gullible you are!!😬😁
Comfortably Numb!

Shrek

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2020, 12:55:48 pm »
There are better paid jobs out there , iv just had a quote to get my Upvc windows (4 windows on the front)  & front door sprayed anthracite grey. Said it would take 1 day - £500 . These guys are springing up all over , google Upvc window sprayers. I’m just hoping, this paint doesn’t scratch easily as I can see it being a new trend

Dave Willis

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2020, 01:11:32 pm »
Or some have more sense than to get drawn in to posting earnings to pseudonyms on the internet.

NWH

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2020, 01:17:43 pm »

Your builder thinks your a mug, it’s as simple as that.

*Its possible he’s read your back posts  on here.

Also quiet possible he’s seen my house eh 😉

NWH

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2020, 01:23:14 pm »
Ask a builder to break down a quote a lot of times he’ll not be interested they hide loads of over the top labour costs into material costs try to blind you,this time it wasn’t happening as I’m buying materials after the first part of the job which is just preparation.

Ched

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2020, 02:17:36 pm »
There are better paid jobs out there , iv just had a quote to get my Upvc windows (4 windows on the front)  & front door sprayed anthracite grey. Said it would take 1 day - £500 . These guys are springing up all over , google Upvc window sprayers. I’m just hoping, this paint doesn’t scratch easily as I can see it being a new trend
House opposite me had windows, door gutters and facias sprayed last year. Due to gutters expanding and contracting the brackets have worn through the paint. It now looks silly with white bits poking through the gray.

There are lots of companies popping up round here too spraying upvc. I tried asking a few what chemicals can be used to clean the pain in the years to come. None of them have a clue.... No idea if Ubix, Virosol  or any other TFR will be OK let alone Hypo dripping from a softwash...
Think all windys are going to have to be very very careful on these painted upvc.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2020, 02:22:14 pm »
Why would you want you’re windows sprayed if they are in that kind of condition that they need spraying they must be getting close to needing to being replaced,I used to look at the grey PVC windows and think they look good the more of them I clean the more I think they look even cheaper then bad quality white ones.

Shrek

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2020, 03:53:06 pm »
I think grey looks better than white

deeege

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2020, 04:39:17 pm »
The grey windows can look nice on a cleanly rendered property. It always makes me laugh when you see an ex council house with grey windows, doors and roofline, it just looks naff.

Shrek

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2020, 05:41:02 pm »
The grey windows can look nice on a cleanly rendered property. It always makes me laugh when you see an ex council house with grey windows, doors and roofline, it just looks naff.

The rendering is next on the list  ;D

NWH

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2020, 06:06:10 pm »
The grey PVC windows look cheaper than the usual good quality white ones.

robbo333

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2020, 06:36:00 pm »
My best paying work is in the smaller properties; small blocks of flats, front onlys, easy 2 or 3 bed semis (no connys), nice and compact. I can easily hit a nice hourly rate on those.
My mate is earning better money on gutter clearing and cleaning and is thinking of renting his round out and focusing just on that side of the business.
I think there is good money to be made, but you have to have the balls to sell your services properly for a premium price, but then you do have to do a bloody good job to back it up.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2020, 03:58:31 pm »
£280. In an hour and a half. Complete one off every 3 months. Apart from that, the usual 60 an hour 🤔 Hence a 2 5 hour day 👀