This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Re: Mission to go 100% gocardless
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 08:27:04 pm »
Go for it Tyler! You won’t regret it. Also you absolutely can dictate how people will pay you! Of course you can, no different to any other business or industry. We have no problems with that.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 08:31:08 pm »
So let’s put this into perspective...

1000 x £15 monthly jobs = £200 transaction fee
+ 1% of 15k = £150

£350 monthly fee

Yearly cost for collecting payment for you is £4200 at their current rate.

That’s a lot of dosh to pay out to a middleman

if thats true(im not sure your sums add up)then thats a ridiculous amount of money to be giving someone for getting your money in every year!so over a 10 year period thats over £40k!!! :o....CRAZY........
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 08:31:31 pm »
You need good customers this is what takes years it’s not difficult getting numbers or volume of customers that’s a canvassing issue you can always leaflet-knock and get work but it won’t all be reliable paying customers or people that pay on time,little and lots i can see it working but for me personally I’m not about to dictate or give an ultimatum to better paying jobs that will pay within a week or 2,pointless exercise that would or might induce cancellations that could have been avoided.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 08:37:17 pm »
I clean your windows every 6 weeks I insist that you pay me my way this is the only system we use,I will initiate the payment when we’ve cleaned you have no choice in this.
Ok Mr window cleaner we don’t want to operate like this we will get someone else,that might be 3-4 grand a year you’ve just flushed away with the terds that makes great business sense to me 🤣,mate if you intend turning over a huge amount of jobs per day for very little money go for it if you want to be strolling most days doing 20% of the jobs for the same or probably more money then don’t.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 08:43:20 pm »
What’s the first things people look at during a recession most of the time it’s direct debits and which ones can be cancelled that’s not speculation that’s a fact,dropping the gardener off a day or cancelling the window cleaning all together is more than possible having a direct debit for the window cleaning well that don’t take much figuring out.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 09:30:55 pm »
I clean your windows every 6 weeks I insist that you pay me my way this is the only system we use,I will initiate the payment when we’ve cleaned you have no choice in this.
Ok Mr window cleaner we don’t want to operate like this we will get someone else,that might be 3-4 grand a year you’ve just flushed away with the terds that makes great business sense to me 🤣,mate if you intend turning over a huge amount of jobs per day for very little money go for it if you want to be strolling most days doing 20% of the jobs for the same or probably more money then don’t.

But that doesn’t happen and they don’t say that. Less than 1 in 100 might and they were going to be a messer anyway. I have nearly 7000 on gocardless. Literally not a problem!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 09:33:24 pm »

+ 1% of 15k = £150

£350 monthly fee

if thats true(im not sure your sums add up)then thats a ridiculous amount of money to be giving someone for getting your money in every year!so over a 10 year period thats over £40k!!! :o....CRAZY........

Why aren’t you sure my sums don’t add up  ???

What’s your calculation then , 1000 £15 monthly jobs x 20p per transaction + 1%

NWH

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 09:37:03 pm »
2008 was the last recession the banking crisis this is set to be far worse whoever has built their business to any degree since this period won’t know the outcome until the foreseeable,these type of payment systems are developed largely for people like yourself where it’s almost impossible to track payments not for most business like ours although GoCardless themselves won’t tell you that.  I deal with large domestic properties in the main and I can tell you from experience the majority wouldn’t opt for this way of payment.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 09:40:41 pm »
GoCardless perfect for the the couple with a couple of kids who lead a manic life both out to work who don’t have time to deal with small bills,not the case with larger properties that have staff that deal with household bills or people that are home 75% of the time that pay bills on the terms they choose we are not SKY or British Gas and never will be.

dd

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2020, 09:52:38 pm »

+ 1% of 15k = £150

£350 monthly fee

According to your example he is earning £15,000 per month. Seems a bit excessive, even for a CIU member (though maybe not for NWH).

Shrek

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2020, 09:55:26 pm »

+ 1% of 15k = £150

£350 monthly fee

According to your example he is earning £15,000 per month. Seems a bit excessive, even for a CIU member (though maybe not for NWH).

It’s just an example , you can scale the numbers however you wish.
Someone with 500 x £15 monthly jobs would pay £2100 a year in fees. It’s still a lot of money for the middleman

NWH

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2020, 10:00:43 pm »
It’s like everything these days digital you are paying for the simplification of it I see that it works well but you need to be employing a fair few window cleaners to make it worth having,you’ve got some on here that use it and they work on their own 🤣 not needed.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2020, 10:03:42 pm »
What you continually fail to understand is that in most parts of the country it isn’t possible to do single houses at £80 a pop for an hours work, and it certainly isn’t scaleable as there just aren’t enough mugs out there who are prepared to pay 80 quid an hour to a semi skilled person. However £80 an hour banging out compact £10-15 houses is doable and the customers won’t bat an eyelid.......There is more than one way to skin a cat!

NWH

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:16 pm »
Lockdown is creeping further south for a second wave can GoCardless deal with that lol.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2020, 10:11:54 pm »
What you continually fail to understand is that in most parts of the country it isn’t possible to do single houses at £80 a pop for an hours work, and it certainly isn’t scaleable as there just aren’t enough mugs out there who are prepared to pay 80 quid an hour to a semi skilled person. However £80 an hour banging out compact £10-15 houses is doable and the customers won’t bat an eyelid.......There is more than one way to skin a cat!
I’m glad you brought this up 10-15 a pop and not batting an eyelid you’ve absolutely exactly hit the nail on the head,this is not the kind of work I’m interested in at all.
I want people who want someone round their property they know and trust and are willing to pay for it,I think this is where the hour long course process of employment comes from lol.
You stick to running for 30-40 small jobs a day and I’ll stick to cleaning 15-25% of that at my pace that’s the beauty of our job we get to pick and choose,unless you have  average workers that are running playing the numbers game.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 10:18:09 pm »
More than 1 way to skin a 🐈 but I’ll choose the easiest way I think you wouldn’t clean endless amounts of 10-15 quid jobs unless you needed the volume of work for employees,you can’t simply clean the amount of jobs needed day in day out on a weekly basis with a small team it would become draining.

Teaboy

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 04:50:00 pm »
Dont really comment on here much but what balls some of these comments are

collect payment however you like we will be moving to go cardless as it frees up admin time and helps sort out cashflow, which as you employ and grow is one of the biggest obsticles to get over.

Shrek

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 05:06:43 pm »
Dont really comment on here much but what balls some of these comments are

collect payment however you like we will be moving to go cardless as it frees up admin time and helps sort out cashflow, which as you employ and grow is one of the biggest obsticles to get over.

First post! Looks like you don’t comment at all!!!!!

NWH

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 05:31:02 pm »
You will collect payments how you want that’s fine but if you have certain jobs that want to pay you the way they want sometimes you have to just bend over and take it,if you had this attitude with all your work you may come a cropper I know I would like I say this system works of course it does but works better with huge numbers that are hard to keep track off over the course of the month,some people are trying to keep track of 1500-2000 payments a week it makes sense for them to use and pay for it that way even if it’s 1000s a year it’s still going to work out cheaper than having someone in the office chasing payments.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2020, 07:33:10 pm »
Go for it Tyler

Anything that simplifies your business and saves you time is worthwhile
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk