Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GeorgeScarborough9

Ways to get rid of stains on carpet
« on: September 11, 2020, 10:25:26 am »
What are your most effective ways to get rid of old stains on carpets? I've already tried to clean it with a mop with lots of chemicals and with vinegar but there's no luck. Any tips or suggestions? I'd be grateful  :)

Kinver_Clean

Re: Ways to get rid of stains on carpet
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 01:14:39 pm »
By the sounds of things a half pint of paraffin and a match.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:02:30 pm »
What are your most effective ways to get rid of old stains on carpets? I've already tried to clean it with a mop with lots of chemicals and with vinegar but there's no luck. Any tips or suggestions? I'd be grateful  :)

Synthetic fibre or wool? Stain protection applied or not? Treated with hot or cold  products? Lots of chemicals? Alkaline or acidic? Pets stains, food stains or body fluids? Detergents applied?

From the description you provide I'm guessing something which may have been a removable stain has been turned into a permanent one.

Saigo111

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 02:46:32 pm »
I know that vinegar is a great help for carpet stains. I don't remember exactly what proportions of water and vinegar should be. Therefore, I am sending you a useful article on solving this issue https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/blog/how-to-spot-clean-carpet/ I'm sure you will succeed and your carpet will be new. Good luck.

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 05:38:10 pm »
I know that vinegar is a great help for carpet stains. I don't remember exactly what proportions of water and vinegar should be. Therefore, I am sending you a useful article on solving this issue https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/blog/how-to-spot-clean-carpet/ I'm sure you will succeed and your carpet will be new. Good luck.

And "hey presto" all the stains were gone, simples ;D Now, where did I leave me Vanish ;)