This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Waterworks power up 3D review
« on: September 08, 2020, 07:33:38 am »
So I’ve had one since April.

Build quality -  very good.

Plastic design? - brilliant. Way better than metal in my opinion.

Top bars - amazing idea, means you don’t need a hose guide, keeps the hose on the reel no matter what.

Belt drive - very quiet and very smooth. A great idea.

Fitting - peice of cake.

Speed - hmm, ok but same as all really. Not that fast.

Battery usage - fine. No issues.

Snag protection - this is the worst part. My old DIY reel had more tourque, was able to pull the hose round bends easier. This one struggles to pull the hose round bends/cars tyres etc etc. Snag protection is a bit too keen.

Push button - pretty good, nice design.

Maintenance - none yet. Won’t need much, perhaps a belt tension in years to come. No greasing or oiling needed which is great.

All in all, pleased with it. Just wish the snag protection wasn’t quite as keen to stop. Bit more tourque would be nice. Then again, I do use 100m of 8mm rather than 6mm which is of course, lighter.

If you’re in the market for one, I’d recommend it.

alank

Re: Waterworks power up 3D review
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 07:41:48 am »
Totally agree with the above a spot on review zesty. I fitted two in the back of my pickup last month and overall am very happy with them I like the small footprint and compact design.

Den68

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:12:06 am »
Totally agree with the above a spot on review zesty. I fitted two in the back of my pickup last month and overall am very happy with them I like the small footprint and compact design.
I have hd and 3D and the footprint is bigger on the 3D.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 10:01:04 am »
Yeah, it's wider, which I prefer. I had a manual proloc reel before ( basically what an HD is adapted from ) and felt the hose jumping off the spool was contributed to by its narrow width, although this is not an issue with the 3D due to its retention bars. The 3D does have an additional narrower footprint set of brackets incase you are wanting to do a straight swap for an HD or proloc reel and need to use the same mounting holes.

Den68

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 07:52:19 pm »
Yeah, it's wider, which I prefer. I had a manual proloc reel before ( basically what an HD is adapted from ) and felt the hose jumping off the spool was contributed to by its narrow width, although this is not an issue with the 3D due to its retention bars. The 3D does have an additional narrower footprint set of brackets incase you are wanting to do a straight swap for an HD or proloc reel and need to use the same mounting holes.
yes I had the proloc  and changed to the hd approx 4 years ago I have two Hd reels I upgraded to the 3D when released and mounted on my facelift compact system fits perfect

stuartb

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 09:34:37 am »
Thinking of getting a 3D or a Reel Master. If I run the hose through the rollers in my floor will the 3D pull it in ok or not have enough power? I use 8mm hose.
Stu

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 10:36:57 am »
Thinking of getting a 3D or a Reel Master. If I run the hose through the rollers in my floor will the 3D pull it in ok or not have enough power? I use 8mm hose.
Stu
I've a 3D. But if I was running 8mm and floor rollers I'd go with Pure Freedom reel instead. Your hose is heavier and rollers/angles are going to create friction.

stuartb

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 10:44:06 am »
Think that’s decided it for me. Thanks

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 01:32:27 pm »
The antisnag is most likely because the motor is only 250w. They really need 300w minimum. 250w isn't strong enough. I couldn't see a 24v 300w+ 5M belt drive cog equipped motor on sites like Alibaba and AliExpress which is probably why waterworks went for a 250w as they'll buy these in bulk from China. I put a 350w motor on my proloc reel with 25h chain drive and it's very powerful. You could put a speed controller on it if you wanted it to be less quick.

The 3D reel looks very slow in comparison and is slower then the HD reel.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 02:48:31 pm »
Think that’s decided it for me. Thanks

We use 3D reels and floor rollers I accept they arnt the fastest at reeling in but yes they will pull in 8 mm hose ok that’s mainly what water works fit to there reels if you buy it with hose from them , we have 6 of theses reels they are ok , we were one of the first to have them when first released and they get some serious abuse and no issues so far , unlike the pure freedom ones that I had .

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 07:23:52 pm »
As already mentioned I have the 3D with 100 m of 6mm microbore. I'm not overly concerned with its speed. I like its  compact design, construction, material and weight etc.
One thing I've noticed though is when I've the full 100m to reel in. If its not a straight run out from the van e.g.  goes around trees or low walls/ corner of buildings  etc. it struggles and I need to pay attention to positioning the hose  as I return to the van to reel it in. Sure, snagging and friction will affect any electric reel but if I were to use floor roller guides and a heavier hose, my experience with the 3D so far would lead me to think the reelmaster a better choice.

harleyman

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 06:13:27 am »
Way over priced imo 

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 08:30:59 am »
8 blocks of flats that normally take me 2 days I've managed to condense in to 1 day since buying it. That days takings easily paid for it so money well spent imo.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 11:53:24 am »
My d. I. Y reel is cheaper and faster and its made if metal! Tried a 3d the other day, doesn't pull as hard as mine.

Ched

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 12:20:10 pm »
My d. I. Y reel is cheaper and faster and its made if metal! Tried a 3d the other day, doesn't pull as hard as mine.
Any picys and specs or is it same as Squeeky Clean Dave?