Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

Powr flite pfx 1085
« on: September 03, 2020, 07:07:35 pm »
Hi,

I have a Powr flite 1085 portable machine and just wanted to check if the vacuums are working correctly.
When i press no.1 there is no suction but only when I press no.2 the suctions starts. Vacuum no 1 seems to be making the normal sound but not sure why there is no suction from it . I've disconnected the hose from it and seems to be blowing rather than sucking air . It seems one of the vacuums has been changed at some point ( not by me ).When they are both on doesn't seem to be more sucking power .
 Could it be wired incorrectly ?
I would appreciate any more information on it as I'm a bit puzzled.
Thanks   

john martin

Re: Powr flite pfx 1085
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 08:22:38 pm »
some pics would be good  ?  use something like imgur and post link

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:48:21 pm »
Unless you block the vac no 2 air will be sucked through it an negate vac 1. Same will happen if you put vac 2 on first.You have to run both vacs.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

AJB

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 09:22:25 am »
If you have disconnected the hose from number 1 vac motors exhaust to number 2 vac motors inlet manifold,
 then only number 1 is sucking through the stack.
Number 2 is pulling air from inside the case..
Number 1 switch does not necessarily correspond to the first vac motor, they could be reversed.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 02:32:58 pm »
Have you replaced a vacuum motor recently?

AJB

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 11:37:30 pm »
If you disconnected a hose and it's blowing that is the exhaust, presumably of number 1 vac, that means number 2 vac is drawing air from within the case.
Motors cannot run backwards as they are AC power, so if you switch the 2 power wires it makes no difference.
replace the hose and everything should be back to normal.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

C.C.S.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 10:50:41 am »

Right . I took a closer look yesterday and I have to rectify something. Vac 1 it's working fine and vac 2 seem to blow rather than suck. I've swapped the wires between them and made no difference.
Where I've disconnected  the hose the vac 2 it's blowing air which I'm not sure if it's normal ,and it's going under the machine.
I would appreciate any more info as I haven't got a clue at the moment . I have a spare vac just in case something is wrong with vac 2.
Thanks 

C.C.S.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 10:51:39 am »

Right . I took a closer look yesterday and I have to rectify something. Vac 1 it's working fine and vac 2 seem to blow rather than suck. I've swapped the wires between them and made no difference.
Where I've disconnected  the hose the vac 2 it's blowing air which I'm not sure if it's normal ,and it's going under the machine.
I would appreciate any more info as I haven't got a clue at the moment . I have a spare vac just in case something is wrong with vac 2.
Thanks

Also in the last picture I'm missing the cover and couldn't find it anywhere .Any idee where I could find it ?

john martin

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 12:29:47 pm »
If both motors are making noise when u turn them on individually,  they are working .   
In your machine one motor socks through the other motor ....and the hose u have loose is the exhaust of both . The exhaust exits out the side or bottom of the machine 
It should be more suction when both vacs are running but u might not notice it on your hand , a gauge would tell u .
If there is a loss a suction one vac might not be sitting on its manifold right , you would have to remove them to check that .also make sure the pipe inside the dirty tank is free from debris  as air is pulled through it 

john martin

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 12:46:53 pm »
Actually it hard to tell from the pic if the hose u removed is exhaust  or motors joining .....it needs to be connected  anyway.