This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Biggs

Nano trolley controller
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:54:15 am »
Is it ok to replace the controller with a switch . So the pump runs full power . Reason is . Cannot get the flow powerful enough . No matter what the calibration or flow number . Cheers .

carl stanton

Re: Nano trolley controller
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 11:04:58 pm »
As with any thing the harder it works the more it will wear.  It to a degree it is made to work at full power.  Could be worth changing your pressure switch?

Steven Biggs

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 07:06:24 am »
Been messing with it yesterday . It works fine straight from trolley to the pole . Got the flow up and cal is fine . Turns on and off after 2 seconds . But we work with a small hose reel on the trolleys , holds about 40 metres of pole hose . I have an identical one which has not caused any issues in 4 years . As soon as I add the extra hose to the faulty one I have to cal it down to 1 , still doesn’t switch off until about 10 seconds . And the flow is really weak . Any suggestions. Cheers

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 08:17:39 am »
What pump are you using and what controller are you using?

The reason why I ask is that there was someone once on here who was having calibration problems with a Spring controller. He had replaced his pump with a small backpack pump which draws very little current.

Spring and Varistream controllers were designed to control larger pumps such as the Shurflo ones many window cleaners use. A Shurflo pump will draw up to 8 amps at full wack where a smaller pump may only draw a couple of amps which is outside the working amp parameters of the controller.

All I can say regarding 40 meters of pole hose on your hose reel is that you won't get a good flow through that size hose over a 40 meter length.

When trouble shooting we were always taught to ask what changed before the issue appeared. If there wasn't a problem before and there is now, did you replace hose, pump, fittings, etc.

With regard to replacing the controller with a switch; yes provided your pump has a pressure switch. What will happen though is your pumps pressure switch will fail with wear and tear sometime in the future. You can add a 40 amp 12v headlamp relay to the pressure switch circuit and use the pumps pressure switch to activate power to the pump. That will save the pressure switch. But again, 40 meters of pole hose is a long way to push a flow of water through.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 09:11:01 am »
Thanks for the replies . All the fittings on the trolley are what came on it when new . Like I say , the other trolley works bang on with 40 metres of pole hose . Really good flow and turns on and off within 3 seconds . That is 4 years old . The one with the issues is only 18 month old . Same set up but giving us problems the last few weeks .

Den68

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 09:52:14 am »
Thanks for the replies . All the fittings on the trolley are what came on it when new . Like I say , the other trolley works bang on with 40 metres of pole hose . Really good flow and turns on and off within 3 seconds . That is 4 years old . The one with the issues is only 18 month old . Same set up but giving us problems the last few weeks .
My son used to use nano with aquapony and 40 metres of pole hose no problems not that it helps you  ???  Maybe just change the controller you then have the best of both worlds.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 09:56:28 am »
That’s the reels we have on em . Claber aqua pony .

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 05:15:50 pm »

Hi Steven, reading through the messages the two trolleys are identical and at 18 months and 4 years of age they both will have a V11 controller on them and until recently the system has been Ok. Is it possible that there is air in the pump/Hose as this could account for the low calibration settings and slow DE when the hose extension is used.

A suggestion would be to swap the hoses over.  Or run water through the hose direct from a tap. It seems odd that the controller and flow are both OK before the extra 40 meters of hose are added but when its added flow is effected .
Another suggestion would be to check the hose connectors to see if they are loose or not aligned, as the pump runs fine into the pole hose and pole its seems that its OK 

Can I ask what is cal and flow set too and what ID is teh extra 40 meters of hose?
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Steven Biggs

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 09:45:51 pm »
Hi Ian . The hose I believe is 5mm .i have changed the hose on it but it is still the same . The one that runs ok is cal at 25 and flow at 70 . Runs fine and gives plenty of water . The other one is usually cal at 1 to 3 . Cannot have it any higher as it will never turn off when we turn the pole tap off . It flashes ps for a few seconds , then de . Auto cal does not seem to work . Can only get the flow as high as 55 , any higher and it won’t turn off . Thanks .

Steven Biggs

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 09:23:56 pm »
Just to let the guys know who replied , might be interested to know . It was the pump . Throwing it down this morning , so my lad drove over to rash at Air Force in Leeds . Put a new pump on , and now it’s working like new . Funny it’s only lasted 18 months , but the other pump is 4 years old . Really awkward to change the pump on those trollies . So its really handy having someone local who can get it done without fuss .