Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GGiff

Starting out!
« on: August 23, 2020, 05:10:43 pm »
Hi all!

I'm currently very excited to get into the industry and would like to begin to plan my route out of my 9-5 into the world of carpet cleaning.... I appreciate this is a big move so I'd be v. grateful getting some advice from those with experience!

First and foremost, I am looking at enrolling in a training course but in the meantime I am pretty confused as to how to how else I can prepare to start out.

Does anyone know of any good free learning material available that I can read through before my training?
/ are there any other things I could be doing, prior to training, to put myself in good stead? (e.g. website, equipment, marking material)

Thanks for the time reading and any info is much appreciated!!
G

neil 47

Re: Starting out!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 05:36:40 pm »
What area of the country are you based in ?
IICRC

GGiff

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 05:51:30 pm »
What area of the country are you based in ?

Hi Neil,
I’m in Buckinghamshire

neil 47

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 06:00:22 pm »
Your well situated for Alltec (Royston ) who do training courses and supplie everything you need .

I did my training there and they are a great company.

If you have a name get a domain for a website now .

Set up
Website
Fb bussines page
Google my bussiness
Instagram
YouTube
Create tons of content

That should keep you busy and provide a good base to start with

IICRC

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 08:48:00 am »
Welcome to the industry,

Carpet cleaning, for the first few years, is a marketing business. Unless you have another income to rely on while your getting set up, you need to focus alot on marketing.  There is a marketing course by a guy called Allan Simmons, which if I was starting out from scratch I would attend.
In the mean time become immersed in the world of marketing. Some things to think about are:
Who is my ideal client?
How old are they?
Where do they live?
What are their interests?
etc... etc...
What sort of message would they appreciate?..
What sort of media would they respond to?.... leaflets? facebook? local magazines? etc...

Marketing will be make or break .