Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Rug cleaning/collection
« on: August 18, 2020, 03:41:29 pm »
Came across this advert while reading the Sunday Times, it seams an interesting business model to have a van driving the country collecting rugs, anyone know them?

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

Re: Rug cleaning/collection
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 08:33:11 pm »
looks like you'd need a completely new set of craft skills to get that sort of business and be able to charge big for it .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 07:17:53 am »
I’d be interested in their pricing structure, I bet they don’t charge £30 a rug ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jim S

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 02:39:31 am »
Nope, never heard of'em
but they must provide good service i believe.

Elfyn

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 11:02:05 am »
I think I have heard of this company before. Having said that I've always directed my customers that needed more that to clean a rug towards Frith.
https://frithrugs.co.uk/
The feedback from them has always been very good. I'm told that they are a bit expensive, but you tend to get what you pay for.

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 01:55:51 pm »
hi guys

what idiots they are. Mike this is interruption marketing not a great use of money.  would you not use that money to market to people that have silk or wool rugs. or maybe even people that know you?

BTW the pick up and drop of model does work. you send them a bag and label the courier brings it to you.  when I bought woodman out he had a link with a company that sold rugs and also had a rug cleaning service they did on a local basis and had a really nice setup.  nice thing here was they sold rug so had the database that could use their marketing budget more effectively than these guys.

People are busy.  this type of service means that dont have to give you the time to come and clean. Lets not forget time is the only thing we all have the same amount off unlike money and for people with less spare time they will pay to get some back or not spend it on baby sitting a carpet cleaner

Respects

Ian harper

M.J.M

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 09:49:11 pm »
These people are down my way so you looking minimum. £60.  , Plus vat and that's to clean small rug   so  dying and fringe fixing. I say minimum £150   that's for 6 inch square  re dye  very specific work
I spoke to man 6 months back in portsmouth  he does  it he has a truck mount takes the the rugs home with him and does themvthere his prices were
£120  per 6 inch square he said he worked  for a company in london then he moved away and started himself     people will pay  it just got to find them
Advertising in the times must be making money. 

Elfyn

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:06:21 am »
hi guys

what idiots they are. Mike this is interruption marketing not a great use of money.  would you not use that money to market to people that have silk or wool rugs. or maybe even people that know you?

BTW the pick up and drop of model does work. you send them a bag and label the courier brings it to you.  when I bought woodman out he had a link with a company that sold rugs and also had a rug cleaning service they did on a local basis and had a really nice setup.  nice thing here was they sold rug so had the database that could use their marketing budget more effectively than these guys.

People are busy.  this type of service means that dont have to give you the time to come and clean. Lets not forget time is the only thing we all have the same amount off unlike money and for people with less spare time they will pay to get some back or not spend it on baby sitting a carpet cleaner

Respects

Ian harper
Who, exactly are you labeling as idiots here?
I'm still trying to work out the meaning of the remainder of this post.

Michael1955

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 10:54:25 am »
Why suddenly so rude and name calling?  :(

Elfyn

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 02:56:47 pm »
Why suddenly so rude and name calling?  :(
I haven't called anyone any names.