Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: How long until your guys picked it up?
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2020, 08:45:26 pm »
Life must be boring for you dry being so perfect from the get go - well done 👍

Darran
Perfect, get real, I clean windows for a living which is hardly an achievement to brag about.
Noooooooo, you clean windows perfectly after less than an hour of practice.
Don't be so modest, Dry.
Totally shocked,  are you saying there are people out there who couldn't ? and are you one of them ?

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2020, 09:08:40 pm »
Yep -

First few took me ages - working out where to go what order to do windows where to park etc.. and some had runs and spots

But there again I worked at it to improve, not only in time but quality - I'm happy always to learn and improve so I'm glad I didn't clean perfectly from the very first window

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2020, 09:15:11 pm »

Darran
Perfect, get real, I clean windows for a living which is hardly an achievement to brag about.
Don't be so modest, Dry.
Totally shocked,  are you saying there are people out there who couldn't ? and are you one of them ?
I never stop learning, Dry.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. I bet you've never even tried hot water or Vision.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2020, 10:21:52 pm »
Anyone who thinks they can do the job in that sort of time sums it up for me it’s like when I tried this one guy out on the way to the first job he said how hard can it be it’s only cleaning windows,I had him with me for an hour and said it must be harder than you thought coz you can’t do it can you,popped him in the van and dropped him off back home lol.
It’s like plastering it just looks easy some people no matter how long they do it they never end up any good at it,scrub the frames and rinse the glass it’s as easy as that if it was I’d have another with me tomorrow morning 🤣

Smudger

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2020, 10:30:53 pm »
Yes, I have to agree, there are some that just can't master it...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

CozyTheBest

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2020, 08:18:38 am »
No ,  you should perfectly clean after less than an hour of practice.

NWH

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2020, 10:59:46 am »
No that’s far to long an hour I think they have the hang of it after about 10 minutes.

Stoots

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2020, 11:46:35 am »
The basics are easy to teach, scrub everything and rinse.

But that's just touching the surface, watch how an experienced painter expertly cuts in around borders and light sockets etc without making a mess. When I paint there's splatters all over the shop lol.

Might be a basic task but there's nuances to the technique that make all the difference.

Knowing which windows might spot, seals or vents to avoid, ones you don't need to rinse, rinsing more if the sun's in that window. When you can leave the top frame, when you need to do the top frame because rains hitting it. Wetting that piece of bird poope first, the list goes on and on and on.

It's easy to clean well slowly and it's easy to clean poorly fast but to clean well and fast there's the art 🎨

It takes months to become efficient, not only in technique but in knowing the route and parking etc.

Dry Clean

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2020, 11:49:42 am »

Darran
Don't be so modest, Dry.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. I bet you've never even tried hot water or Vision.
If you think I'm good Griff, the kid next door can clean his dad's car, no training and only 12 years of age, impressive or what.

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2020, 11:53:37 am »
Yep -

First few took me ages - working out where to go what order to do windows where to park etc.. and some had runs and spots

But there again I worked at it to improve, not only in time but quality - I'm happy always to learn and improve so I'm glad I didn't clean perfectly from the very first window

Darran
That's bad Darran, how many did you actually clean before realising that you couldn't clean from the bottom and work up ?

NWH

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2020, 12:22:19 pm »
I’ve been WFP 16 years I learn something different nearly every time I go back start ie different place to start cleaning  park in a different position etc,I wouldn’t be prepared to let anyone loose on good work maybe this is the thing the work some people have is toilet so it doesn’t really matter.
How would you feel getting sacked off from a 100 quid house that takes less than an hour because you’d let some fool loose on it,I think there’s a couple on this thread that may think again about such jobs.

G Griffin

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2020, 01:57:00 pm »

Darran
Don't be so modest, Dry.
If you think I'm good Griff, the kid next door can clean his dad's car, no training and only 12 years of age, impressive or what.
I am impressed!
They have cars in Ireland?  :o
Albeit dirty ones?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dry Clean

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2020, 03:36:18 pm »

Darran
Don't be so modest, Dry.
I am impressed!
They have cars in Ireland?  :o
Albeit dirty ones?
Are you sure you don't mean Wales ?

robbo333

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2020, 05:56:35 pm »
Training my first employee at the moment, things are generally going well.
He's polite to customers, always turns up on time and is hardworking, but...
He's a bit of a slow learner. We are doing all jobs together still so I can check over his work, eg. he takes the front I take the back (lol).
I feel like I'm always pointing out missed bits, the odd streak, a window that hasn't been rinsed enough or an un-wiped sill. I have taught him everything and a method to follow on each window to ensure consistency.

Have I developed an experienced eye over the years that he just doesn't have yet? (looking for streaks and spots etc)
Or he is just too thick to get good at window cleaning?

How long did it take your guys to be trusted completely on their own from scratch?

He's about 6 weeks in.

Any advice or experience welcome

I think you have the basis of a good employee.
Sometimes, when you are trying to teach someone, you don't get what you want, you get what you COMMUNICATE!
Try changing your teaching methods.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2020, 06:22:21 pm »
Window cleaner wanted apprenticeship needed to be served but don’t worry if you get here at 7 you’ll be qualified by 8 then off to the first job 😂🤣🤣🤣,dear me it’s one of them moments when you think you’ve heard it all then you haven’t.

NWH

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2020, 06:23:29 pm »
The new bloke lost 5 jobs for us today but don’t worry they were only 10 notes a pop,he’ll learn though lol.

Dry Clean

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2020, 07:07:41 pm »
Window cleaner wanted apprenticeship needed to be served but don’t worry if you get here at 7 you’ll be qualified by 8 then off to the first job 😂🤣🤣🤣,dear me it’s one of them moments when you think you’ve heard it all then you haven’t.
Not everybody has the luxury of being able to serve a 16 year window cleaning apprenticeship NWH, it actually surprised me that you mastered it that quick. lol

NWH

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2020, 08:36:52 pm »
Lol blimey you’ve got to laugh no wonder this game has got such a bad name putting someone straight out on jobs,regardless of what people will say the best WFPolers are the ones who have cleaned traditional or served there time.

Dry Clean

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2020, 09:02:34 pm »
Lol blimey you’ve got to laugh no wonder this game has got such a bad name putting someone straight out on jobs,regardless of what people will say the best WFPolers are the ones who have cleaned traditional or served there time.
Served their time ? you're washing a window NWH not building a house, next your will be telling us that hoovering the carpet is a trade, some of you guys are in dire need of a  reality check.

NWH

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2020, 09:57:29 pm »
Let me know which council estate you are next recruiting from next I’ll do your hour long course with the rest of em,I honestly say on certain domestics if you had them you wouldn’t put these kind of people straight out on them because if you did you’d lose a lot of income,£100 jobs every 6 weeks  each job generating around 800 a year give or take a clean I know I wouldn’t want to lose that kind of work.