This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tyler Williams

Moving work around
« on: July 12, 2020, 02:18:49 pm »
any advice on moving work around when you pick too much on on day?

Wanted to start a fresh day so moved 2 jobs a week early where I had an empty slot and they both complained.

Can you actually move jobs around and explain it to them? Or is it just not worth it and I should suck it up and do them when they're technically due?

richard connett

Re: Moving work around
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 02:35:10 pm »
Most understand that you have to move work around now and then.  I give them a choice to skip on the next one if it’s going to be earlier.  That way they can’t moan ,

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 02:45:27 pm »
You will always get moaners - I wouldn't fav too much just move a block on mass and either say to keep the service reliable I've had to move you or play the guilt card and say you have a series of hospital appointments and can't clean on that day  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tyler Williams

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 02:46:35 pm »
Most understand that you have to move work around now and then.  I give them a choice to skip on the next one if it’s going to be earlier.  That way they can’t moan ,

I wish my customers were easy going, I seem to pick up the worse people 😂 complain if your early, complain if your late and don't want it doing when you're on time.

I'll give them the option to skip and hopefully they don't start kicking off

Tyler Williams

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 02:48:16 pm »
You will always get moaners - I wouldn't fav too much just move a block on mass and either say to keep the service reliable I've had to move you or play the guilt card and say you have a series of hospital appointments and can't clean on that day  ;D

Darran

Dont think the hospital card is a great one atm 😂😂

Cheers for the suggestion, I've only moved 2 houses onto a new day the rest are new customers anyway.

£8 and £9 ... wouldnt be too bothered if I lost them but they're nice easy peasy jobs.

I've given them the option to skip it this time if they feel its too much so well wait and see

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 05:28:26 pm »
A lot comes down to how you put it across.

With new staff In the office I find they usually ask the client if it’s ok if we move the work, or book them in on a certain day.

It works far better if you tell them with confidence what you are doing with a very short explanation

So .. ‘just giving you a call to say we’ve needed to move  your job to Friday next week because we had a problem with the van or because we’re reorganising our rounds so we’re cleaning the same areas on the same day.

Then get off the phone.

To be honest nowadays we mostly just text them and tell them... Off a number they can’t reply to!

Customers have more important things to worry about than us cleaning

They may moan but don’t worry about it

Don’t let customers run your business for you.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

swanson

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 08:41:55 pm »
I’m always running behind so move work from one week to the next,
Most of my customers don’t even notice

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 11:18:28 pm »
I move work constantly, I'm always finding work out of sync, the joys of having a mix of 4 and 8 weekly. Should have just gone 6 weekly only from the start.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 11:47:46 pm »
More than 50% don’t even notice if I’m late I move stuff forward backwards whatever suits me.

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 12:39:50 am »
More than 50% don’t even notice if I’m late I move stuff forward backwards whatever suits me.
More than 50%?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 04:36:59 pm »
If the work is 4 weekly I very rarely bring it forward by any more than one day (maybe if it's a bank holiday) but if it's 8 weekly then I can get away with three or four days on rare occasions.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 06:26:55 pm »
If the work is 4 weekly I very rarely bring it forward by any more than one day (maybe if it's a bank holiday) but if it's 8 weekly then I can get away with three or four days on rare occasions.

yep...im the same....your going to have a higher risk of annoying customers if you turn up a week early on 4 weekly work IMO.....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 07:19:49 pm »
4 weekly lol enjoy that while it lasts Daz,you might
Need another 2 weeks work soon when they push you back to 6.

robbo333

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 07:39:24 pm »
Don't worry about it.

I'm 8-weekly. Some of my work is 2 weeks behind.

Don't tell anyone, if they ask, it's the virus. Simples!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2020, 07:40:58 am »
If you have to turn up a week early for logistical reasons, explain your self and charge them 3/4 of the price,  :) Everone should be happy ;D
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2020, 08:26:22 am »
4 weekly lol enjoy that while it lasts Daz,you might
Need another 2 weeks work soon when they push you back to 6.

Why would they do that?if they want a longer frequency then itll be 8 weekly not 6(to fit in with my other work)......in reality it very rarely happens......👍
price higher/work harder!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2020, 09:49:12 am »
If you have to turn up a week early for logistical reasons, explain your self and charge them 3/4 of the price,  :) Everone should be happy ;D

i would  literally never recommend taking money off a clean. it sets a precedent and some people will start to expect it. you are doing a job for an agreed price

we come 4 weekly. sometimes we will come a week earlier if we need to (sickness, christmas etc) sometimes a week late. people are fine with that. we dont ask permission we just inform them if the clean date is changing

they want a reliable window cleaner, we can do that. but sometimes we need to move things around.

i think if you are getting too much moaning, you are possibly asking their permission too much, or are too desperate to please them maybe.

just tell them what you are doing, and do it. don't ask them. if they want to miss the clean fine.

if they moan or want a discount let them try to find someone else. someone who never needs to move work. lets see how that works out for them!

good customers will be absolutely fine with you moving work a bit
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2020, 03:06:21 pm »
I’m sometimes early and if you don’t keep doing it you’ll get away with it l,I say I’m trying to join everyone in together in the area hence why I’m slightly early.