This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Advice on roofs like this
« on: July 09, 2020, 08:01:33 pm »

I normally just scrape the roof and apply algo pro and leave never had any issues  this customer wanted it cleaned aswell  this is not the finished result I took a pic before I applied the pro

But these slates are about 60 years old the red coating has worn over the years the lady didnt complain

But my question is how do you test for this when your quoting   iam trying to get into roof cleaning as i say I only scrape and apply algo pro at present
All help appreciated

mjm

Re: Advice on roofs like this
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 08:02:42 pm »
?

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 08:25:04 pm »
No I don't test before hand but I inform the customer first I'm there to clean them the condition to age is not down to me

I think had you pressure washed you may have got a bit more of the old colour off - over the years I've had 3 maybe 4 like this  customers usually happy as I say it's a clean - I know one got the roof resprayed a few months later

The worst ones are where builders match the dirty tiles with black or grey then we clean them and find out they are red or sand colored, so the customer has a two tone roof  :-\

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 08:31:36 pm »
I did pressure wash it Darren  the last pic is before the algo clear   your advice is helpfull 👍

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 09:46:53 pm »
Sorry, thought you said scraped d'oh

But as I said, have had this but never a problem with customers over it

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk