This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MrChurchMouse

Re: Thanks but no thanks 👋
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 06:22:17 pm »
I don't mean to hijack the thread as this is slightly off topic but how do you guys go about dropping someone who is living in very close proximity to other good customers?  So say you want to drop one for not paying on time or what have you but you still clean the windows for several of their neighbours?   Most likely at some point they'll see you when working near by which could result in an awkward meeting?

i just ignore them.....i have 8 days work on 2 estates and clean nearly every house and ive a handful on both estates that ive dumped over the years for various reasons.......dont worry just ignore!! ;D

But what do you say when they come up to you and ask you where you've been or if you're doing there's today? (Assuming you just stopped going and never gave them a heads up that you were stopping their service). 

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 06:32:48 pm »
I don't mean to hijack the thread as this is slightly off topic but how do you guys go about dropping someone who is living in very close proximity to other good customers?  So say you want to drop one for not paying on time or what have you but you still clean the windows for several of their neighbours?   Most likely at some point they'll see you when working near by which could result in an awkward meeting?

i just ignore them.....i have 8 days work on 2 estates and clean nearly every house and ive a handful on both estates that ive dumped over the years for various reasons.......dont worry just ignore!! ;D

But what do you say when they come up to you and ask you where you've been or if you're doing there's today? (Assuming you just stopped going and never gave them a heads up that you were stopping their service).

i tell them the truth....theyll never speak to you again after a quick explanation.....its only happened a few times....most ex customers know why you stopped calling...

i had one the other week though....i told him i dont like wading through the dog muck down the side of his house......he turned around and shut his door! ;D.....it wasnt just that though.....crappy gate(he puts  lots of bricks behind it! ::)roll),late payer EVERY TIME and skipped too often with no valid reason....idiot! :)
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 12:32:38 pm »

i tell them the truth....theyll never speak to you again after a quick explanation.....its only happened a few times....most ex customers know why you stopped calling...

i had one the other week though....i told him i dont like wading through the dog muck down the side of his house......he turned around and shut his door! ;D.....it wasnt just that though.....crappy gate(he puts  lots of bricks behind it! ::)roll),late payer EVERY TIME and skipped too often with no valid reason....idiot! :)

I thought you had a zero tolerance policy on dog muck and late payers Daz?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

RPCCS

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2020, 02:57:29 pm »
I have this, an estate I clean in one bloke is really hard to catch in,every time I got paid it was always two/three lots. So I said to him one day you are difficult to catch for payment can you pay me by back instead? Errm,,, was the reply ,so I said or post me a cheque? He agreed to pay by bacs and did it once,then never again.  I let it go another twice and caught him in and got cash,then it went another 3 times,I left bank details again,no payment  so I stopped going, I do a house 3 doors down, he has seen me in the estate and not made any attempt to  come and see me to settle up or ask why his windows haven’t been done.  If he does,I will tell him straight, you are never in and you haven’t paid by bacs as requested. I will come back to you but you have to pay on time or I will stop  again and there will be no third chance.  Window cleaning is our income ,it’s what pays our mortgage/rent/bills etc, it’s not just beer money job any longer, people need to realise that.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 03:54:06 pm »
Dont be afraid to drop a customer if they are a PITA....its your business and if you ve had enough of their messing around its perfectly reasonable (if your busy enough with other work).

This is beauty of working for yourself!👍

price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 04:15:00 pm »
here is something i have noticed.
it has happened with a few customers,  .    the solution is simple.

I have a few customers that have retired lately.  when they were working, they would pay by bacs on the evening of the clean...
ALWAYS... like clock work.
now they are home , they will pop their head out to say hello. , and oh I will transfer the money as usual. no need for a payment slip, I will do it this afternoon.
Payment never arrives , and I have to remind them.

so my solution is THEY NEED A PAYMENT SLIP.   I hand them the slip . even if they say no need . i put it in their hand .
It seems to do the trick. they pay on the day. so the solution is making sure they get an actual bill!

however there is one . just like the one Lee has.   they do pay , but I feel they are taking liberties , as they seem to leave it a while before paying.

maybe its worth getting them to pay by card reader, and just say this is now the prefered method ?

Money is tight now a regular salary isn't coming in anymore. They will be stalling you until they receive their next pension.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

james peters

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2020, 08:04:29 am »
here is something i have noticed.
it has happened with a few customers,  .    the solution is simple.

I have a few customers that have retired lately.  when they were working, they would pay by bacs on the evening of the clean...
ALWAYS... like clock work.
now they are home , they will pop their head out to say hello. , and oh I will transfer the money as usual. no need for a payment slip, I will do it this afternoon.
Payment never arrives , and I have to remind them.

so my solution is THEY NEED A PAYMENT SLIP.   I hand them the slip . even if they say no need . i put it in their hand .
It seems to do the trick. they pay on the day. so the solution is making sure they get an actual bill!

however there is one . just like the one Lee has.   they do pay , but I feel they are taking liberties , as they seem to leave it a while before paying.

maybe its worth getting them to pay by card reader, and just say this is now the prefered method ?

Money is tight now a regular salary isn't coming in anymore. They will be stalling you until they receive their next pension.

no , they are extremely wealthy. its not a money issue.  they are nice genuine people . they just forget if they  dont get that payment slip.