Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Re: Portable? Am I too worried about the weight
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 10:34:13 pm »
Yeah , i think the hi-lite is the only your wife would tilt and pivot backwards using the top loading wheels , then just one lift from the bottom to shove it in .
In the pics on their webiste the lad loading to the car doesn't demonstrate that method  ,     instead he just lifts the whole unit clean in    ,  but look at the size of him !

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 10:57:54 pm »
Imo I’d get a Sensei with an additional booster box or Alltec Aqua 40 the service from Alltec is fantastic

Richard Tara

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2020, 10:38:51 pm »
Hi Richard,

How do you find them both? Do you feel they hinder your job in anyway because of the smaller tank capacity etc (think that's what I read online) or generally big enough and good enough for what you want.
Suppose you would not have bought it if that issue ever crossed your mind.

To me they both look good units I suppose the Alltec having the inbuilt heater facility might be slightly the better option.

Hi Simon

I mainly do carpet and upholstery cleaning in static caravans now so tank capacity is not a problem for me the new Airflex Miniflex holds 30 litres and the Express holds just over 20 litres,. The Alltec Express is a custom built one from Alltec running a 1800 watt electro motor and a in tank heater and the Miniflex i have a external heater. I do have a Youtube review on the Airflex Miniflex ( RB CLEANING Skegness)

Or have a look at the Prochem Galaxy ax500 comes with a proper wand..

Richard
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2020, 10:17:24 am »
Simon

thats a lot of money for a few requests.

I am going to stick my head out here. there is no shame in her using the new rug doctors. what carpet cleaners dont see is that the manufactures of these type of machines are direct computation to us.  they sell thousands each year and their customers are happy with the results.

Your wife is dealing with customers that spend money on their homes. this means that their carpets will be lightly soiled so any system or method that's suited to these condition will work fine. as the old saying going "no point using sledgehammer to crack a nut"  you dont even really need extraction many of the pad systems will work. you are providing a Maintenace service not recovery or restoration. the nice thing about Maintenace is the regular part. this is where you can see if its worth investing that money. I see machines on ebay "like new" from people all the time!

You have to see carpet cleaning from a customer point of view. they are buying a clean carpet not the journey or the pride of the carpet cleaner. as long as that customer feels that you have given them a clean carpet then everyone is happy.

My last point is carpet cleaning is hard work my real recommendation is set up a joint venture with a carpet cleaner that you can trust. pass on the work for a fee.  this is free money for you. you have the relationships with the customer that has value and at no cost. the carpet cleaner will want to impress you and your clients so will do a great job for you both.

now you can use that money for a nice holiday  :)

good luck

Ian Harper

Simon Miller

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 12:47:13 am »
Thanks again for all the words of wisdom.

Ian, I think that is why the decision is so hard, the cost of any professional unit will mean she probably has to focus more on this side of the business than she has before, just to get a worth while return on the purchase.
She did think about the rug doctor and Bissell big green I think it was, but she is really worried about doing sub standard job.
As Mike said though, I can imagine the chemicals used and proces followed also has plenty to do with the results delivered. I think long term she was hoping to have someone else run that side of her business if it picks up to a decent level.

Richard,
I will definitely check out you video! I think she has decided to get booked on a course first and see what units they have to give a good idea of what she might be able to manage potentially on a regular basis.

Shaun,
I do like the look of the Sensei must admit not looked at the Alltec aqua 40 but Alltec do seem to have great reviews.

Just baffles me how much choice is out their ha ha

Robin Ray

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2020, 02:31:34 pm »
Re the rugdoctor.. ..people do notice what equipment you are using,  If they can easily get one themselves your service is instantly devalued in their eyes. (even if they work ok)

Regards what machine to buy, the things that really matter in a decent unit are:
1 At least twin vacuum motors
2 At least 135 psi
3 Heat cleans quicker and better

Most machines use the same component parts in different housings. Everything else is preference.

Simon Miller

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 09:31:20 pm »
Thanks Robin.

From everything I am reading and from all you kind folk offering advice on here, I completely agree with your points

So the wife is currently trying to get booked on a course she can fit in around her work schedule and limited numbers due to covid. She is hoping to get to try a couple of different machines and then go from there.

Can't thank you all enough for your help and knowledge and I will keep you posted.

Probably want something completely different now 😃

Lewis Newby

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2020, 01:30:53 pm »
I had an airflex mini , twin vac 220psi and heater built in. In all honesty, other then it being physically less bulky- I found it harder to manouver/lift the my airflex pro 400 twin vac (no heater).

Also there was a notable difference in flow rate from the 220psi pump. I sold it on in the end after having a heater and pump repair after little use