Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clarkson

Which machine?
« on: July 07, 2020, 10:26:52 am »
Hi guys
I have decided we need a new machine as our yanmar axle is broken  and it is very old

I have always had the standard 15lpm at 200 bar . Honda and yanmar nearly always with interpump.

Only issues is it doesn’t work well with the whirlaway , and struggles with black spot even with turbo nozzle.

Is 21lpm of significant benefit . There seems to be a big array of choices now

I noticed a 18lmp at 400 bar the other day but not sure that’s correctly advertised . This of an hp 66 and 18hp petrol.

Any suggestions for the usual patio driveway set up
Cheers
John

Smudger

Re: Which machine?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:55:07 am »
21  litres a min will still struggle with black spot - all you'll have is more flow for faster working - you want higher pressure to remove black spot or simply use hypo after the pressure washer to kill it off

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 03:50:09 pm »
250-300 bar and 21 ltr per muinit will remove most things and works well with a fsc as Darren said bit of hypo will kill it off we hypo before clean then wash never have a problem getting rid of black spots or anything else .

Mike Strange

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 03:49:20 pm »
Some guys recommend hypo after clean and then rinse, is it just a personal preference ie before or after ?
Ges Clean Ltd

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 05:22:52 pm »
Most things are personal preference

Here's how I look at it - hypo is a great cleaner/killer of organic material  like moss,,algae and lichen- it is not very good for dirt,debris and non organic stuff like pollution and dirt - if the surface is covered in the latter applying hypo will work but you need more of it to cut through stuff that is best removed by the p/w - also to my mind you now have hypo all over the surface which you now blast with a p/w sending hypo over nearby grass, plants cars, clothing etc...

By applying after you can see exactly where you need a strong dose and lightly and acurety spray the entire area giving the hypo the best chance of doing its job

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

the king

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 09:11:49 pm »
im no expert but i like to clean first rince off then aply the hypo then final rince repete if needed