This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr.G

non return valve
« on: July 02, 2020, 08:48:13 pm »
Anyone know where I can get a good quality non return valve?
This is for a trolley- to fit on the hose that goes into a barrel (10mm diameter)
the ebay ones are ok for a few weeks, then they stop working properly, and it gets airlocks.

Pete Thompson

Re: non return valve
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 12:33:00 am »
John Guest non return valves are top notch.

These are the ones that are fitted to my system :

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202717060878

Mr.G

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 12:50:55 am »
Thanks,  do they fit the hose that fits the surflo pump?

Pete Thompson

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 01:48:26 pm »
Thanks,  do they fit the hose that fits the surflo pump?

No idea, because I don't know what size hose Shurflo use.

Mine are all 12mm, as that's the standard size Ionics use for all their systems, but you can get them in a wide variety of sizes, both metric and imperial.

My Ionic pump (which I think is just a rebranded Aquatec pump) uses elbow fittings that can be connected to 12mm John Guest pipe, and then the 12mm pipe obviously fits all other 12mm john guest fittings.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 02:31:05 pm »
I used to get airlock problems with my trolley when I used 12mm ID hose to pick up water from the barrel. However, when I switched to 8mm ID hose the problem disappeared.
I run almost every barrel  dry, but as long as I disconnect the output hose when I prime the pump so there’s no back pressure created by water lying around in the pole hose, it only takes between two and three seconds to prime.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.