This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: Back or side door for hose reel
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 04:13:21 pm »
I've done both and now it's side for me.

I can park in the right spot 95% of the time and it's a dead straight run to the back of the house.

I can also go up the road and down the road without any problem.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2020, 05:12:35 pm »
Sounds good. I’ve never used a Manuel hose reel. I’m literally going all in and moving from a backpack to the Reelmaster 👍😃

Sometimes they are Fawlty and then you get Syee-bill to put them right. Polly be okay if you're lucky.
It's a game of three halves!

Marko

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2020, 06:57:10 pm »
I have a Pure Freedom system fitted.  I was always used to a side door 'pull out'

They fitted me outside ports to the rear (standard I think? )
In my opinion, much better - I can now work both sides of the van, I can angle the hose reel to suit.
One way terrace streets are now so much better.
I can lock the van without fear - the only thing that could get nicked, is my fairly expensive hose reel - but that's better than any poles/ladders Etc.. 🤞

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2020, 07:18:03 pm »
I have a Pure Freedom system fitted.  I was always used to a side door 'pull out'

They fitted me outside ports to the rear (standard I think? )
In my opinion, much better - I can now work both sides of the van, I can angle the hose reel to suit.
One way terrace streets are now so much better.
I can lock the van without fear - the only thing that could get nicked, is my fairly expensive hose reel - but that's better than any poles/ladders Etc.. 🤞

Hi Marko. Do you mean the hose reel is bolted down but you can swivel it so you can work from the back or the side? I thought pure freedom fix the reel down to either work from back or side doors? If it’s possible to work from both with one hose reel then happy days. I will need to look into that

Marko

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2020, 07:41:42 pm »
No mate - I plug it in from the outside.

It's a free standing hose reel.

I remove it from my van, close my back doors, plug it in/turn pump on/away I go.

You can angle the reel to any direction. Left/right etc..

I've got used to it now after working for about 10 yrs from the side door and I much prefer it.
It feels safer and I can pull up to houses either side of the road without thinking about the side door.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2020, 07:49:34 pm »
Ahh ok. Is there even an option to make it so you can work from the side and back door from the same hose reel?(as in a bolted in hose reel)

I’m assuming no otherwise PF would have informed me of this option.

So as a complete first time hose reel user (not even used a Manuel) would you say go from the back doors if I had a choice?

Marko

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2020, 07:56:34 pm »
I can only comment from my experience of both but... I worked from my Trafic side door, straight out with a fixed hose reel. Really easy, fixed to top of tank.
It's only after I've had outside ports fitted I've realised how silly it was too leave the van doors open.
Also, now I can work left & right side of van without moving. I think back to the amount of times I moved the van up and down a street to suit the open side of the van.
Just makes sense to me?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2020, 08:03:41 pm »
I was Planning on getting an upright 500 Litre so generally speaking as far as I’m aware it’s not really an option to have the reel on top of the tank(Unless I change to a flat tank but with my trolley dump etc and avoiding air locks I’ve been told an upright would be better)

Surely there is something on the market that can enable you to work from both doors from one bolted in hose?