This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Breaks/lunch
« on: July 01, 2020, 05:58:53 pm »
How many breaks do you take?

How long for lunch?

I stop at 12pm for a max of 10 mins: lukewarm coffee, a banana and a handful of nuts. No other breaks.

Prefer to crank out the work, get home earlier.

NWH

Re: Breaks/lunch
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:00:47 pm »
I don’t have a time I stop as such I just pull over somewhere between jobs for a drink or a look on my phone throughout the day.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 06:11:22 pm »
10 or 15 mins usually, eat my sandwiches and carry on.

That might turn into 30 mins if i go to sarnie shop but never any longer than that, no other breaks .

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 07:16:57 pm »
30 mins lunch break in the van for me......always a packed lunch and a flask of tea....i either need it to warm up on a cold winters day,to dry off on a wet day or to cool off on a mega hot day! ;D

any other breaks are usually 5 mins  to drink a coffee freshly brewed by a customer and a quick chat....
price higher/work harder!

swanson

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 07:20:11 pm »
Always stop for at least 30 mins
A really nice lunch cup of tea or a cold drink.
Really important to re fuel yourself. As we do a really physical job.

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 08:38:35 pm »
On the hour I take Around 5 mins
1- breakfast bar
2- apple
3- small piece of chicken
4- 150g onken yoghurt with oats
5- home for late lunch (maybe 20 mins)
Around 1ltr of water drank upto dinner time then refilled at lunch

I find it better to have a really short break and eat something small just to top up energy levels

deeege

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 08:56:29 pm »
I go to the Toby Carvery for a full roast dinner and a couple of pints every day. Really important to fuel yourself correctly.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 09:27:31 pm »
I go to the Toby Carvery for a full roast dinner and a couple of pints every day. Really important to fuel yourself correctly.

We don’t hear from old nate so much now he’s left the game.

He’s probably 19 stone now - from so many toby’s.

I take about 20 mins for a subway, greggs or M&S at a petrol station. I spend way too much on lunches, but can’t be bothered with a packed lunch. Reminds me of primary school 😂

I tend to use all the loose change customers give me, so I don’t really miss the money as such.  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 12:25:10 am »

I take about 20 mins for a subway, greggs or M&S at a petrol station. I spend way too much on lunches, but can’t be bothered with a packed lunch. Reminds me of primary school 😂

I tend to use all the loose change customers give me, so I don’t really miss the money as such.  ;D

😁😁 yep, dont visit on here as much now. Ive also come away from some of the facebook groups. It makes me miss the work too much and the banter on here but this thread caught my eye  🤣
Wow, i work harder now than i have for many years running my business and the most annoying part,,,,,,,,I cant sneak off to the carvery anymore😁😁
Ps, Daz if your reading this thread, sorry to hear about the old ticker. Hope the week off has helped a little. Take it easy
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 07:22:26 am »
He’s ok yesterday he said he was going dogging.

zesty

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 07:39:52 am »

😁😁 yep, dont visit on here as much now. Ive also come away from some of the facebook groups. It makes me miss the work too much and the banter on here but this thread caught my eye  🤣
Wow, i work harder now than i have for many years running my business and the most annoying part,,,,,,,,I cant sneak off to the carvery anymore😁😁
Ps, Daz if your reading this thread, sorry to hear about the old ticker. Hope the week off has helped a little. Take it easy

We all knew you’d regret it old bean.

Going to work can be a great way to relieve stress from the home, gather your thoughts and have some alone time.

I don’t envy your position, but needs must for you mate.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 08:22:16 am »
Cheers guys.

Before I started to relax things with work, especially more so on wfp. I would walk to the shop and eat my lunch whilst walking back.  (My work was compact and in villages with a local supermarket/store very close to my work) That would comprise of my lunch break.
Then when I transitioned onto wfp and gained more experience using it. I knew exactly how many houses I could do in a day and how long it would take. This gave me the choice to continue working like a mad man and fill every minute with working or I could relax and take a full break allowing me to enjoy a working day.  This was brill and as some have alluded to 😁, when I was in one village I would go and have a carvery as a treat.  Very nice
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 08:55:47 am »
How's it all going Nathan?
It's a game of three halves!

lal

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 09:29:49 am »

Since i moved to Ireland nearly 9 years ago from London, Greggs is one of the place's i do miss, miss there Mexican Chicken
sandwich's &  in store cooked sausage rolls pasties etc, they don't have Greggs here in southern ireland  :(

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 09:39:42 am »

Slow sadly, but getting there.  The wife has finally had another diagnosis which helps our situation as they recognise she has ME or Chronic Fatique Syndrome but its still a lengthy process. 

Like most people I imagine, getting frustrated with covid 19 which puts limits on everything but rightly so.  Not missing having to worry about work related aspects though actually missing work. Im glad ive kept at least a days worth of work but so far, that has needed to be split into two half days and even then im running a little late due to health issues etc.
Flip side however, i get to spend more time with the kids etc so its a good balance.  Hows everyone else doing?   Still getting a lot of enquirie coming in?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mr.G

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 08:41:54 pm »
an hour for lunch plus several coffee/fAg breaks.
looking at other replies I feel like a right lazy sod.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 08:48:39 pm »

How long for lunch?

I stop at 12pm for a max of 10 mins: lukewarm coffee, a banana and a handful of nuts. No other breaks.
Why is the coffee Luke warm? Need to change your flask mate lol

jay moley

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 09:22:33 pm »

How long for lunch?

Why is the coffee Luke warm? Need to change your flask mate lol

Yeah I should get a new flask!

zesty

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 09:47:43 pm »

Slow sadly, but getting there.  The wife has finally had another diagnosis which helps our situation as they recognise she has ME or Chronic Fatique Syndrome but its still a lengthy process. 

Like most people I imagine, getting frustrated with covid 19 which puts limits on everything but rightly so.  Not missing having to worry about work related aspects though actually missing work. Im glad ive kept at least a days worth of work but so far, that has needed to be split into two half days and even then im running a little late due to health issues etc.
Flip side however, i get to spend more time with the kids etc so its a good balance.  Hows everyone else doing?   Still getting a lot of enquirie coming in?

Do you mean your health as well Nathan?

Can’t be too difficult to get round to one day a months window cleaning?

Enquiries still coming in for most I think. How long that lasts depends on the future economy.

Business is good for me at the mo, still waiting on a couple of commercials to come back, but lots of other jobs coming in.

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 09:10:54 am »

Do you mean your health as well Nathan?

Can’t be too difficult to get round to one day a months window cleaning?

Enquiries still coming in for most I think. How long that lasts depends on the future economy.

Business is good for me at the mo, still waiting on a couple of commercials to come back, but lots of other jobs coming in.

No, im in good health thanks 👍
With the kids being off school, i need  the wife to be having a good day for me to leave and get the work done. Sadly with her conditions, it proving hard to leave her for the day as she can quickly become drained of all energy and can quite easily pass out.  Though hopefully it will get a little easier with my oldest going back to school and I can take one to their nannas (who sadly is also ill) and therefore the wife has only one to watch and they can easily watch films for the day or play on the Ipad etc.  So hopefully it will start to get easier.

Glad your doing OK, and recouping some money from lost (allbeit temporary) commercial work.

Soj ds like most have avoided catching covid19 then on here, or should I say not been adversly affected with additional health worries. 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk