This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Insurance premium
« on: July 01, 2020, 05:49:27 pm »
I’ve taken the leap and getting a system put in in 8 weeks time. Never thought of my premium going up but I guess it will. Does anyone know if this goes up a lot? It’s being done professionally by PF. Cheers in advance

NWH

Re: Insurance premium
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:04:19 pm »
Well I’ve had quotes over the years declaring that I have a system etc installed properly,I pay about 460 I think it is usually similar 480 or so.
I’ve asked what the price would be without a system and tank and it’s always cut the price in half   I use A Plan and they class it as a modification as do many others.

EandM

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 06:37:49 pm »
I use Gladiator.

A system used to be a huge issue and caused endless arguments but now there seem to be enough insurers out there that don't care.

Just find one of those.

£179 all in.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 07:08:16 pm »
It still is an issue

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 07:29:06 pm »
how the hell do you get fully comp commercial van insurance for £179?it just sounds far too low to me...mines around £600 a year at present(that includes breakdown cover and legal expenses too though)......ive also got 14 years + NCB! ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 07:32:51 pm »
I’m paying just under £300 (sole trader) and I also have 14 plus years NCB. A little concerned that might double though once I inform them I’m getting a system put in 😐

NWH

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 08:01:53 pm »
As I’ve been told many many times by other companies they say I’m a window cleaner,the insurance company then ask have you got a tank bolted in the back and they then say no. When they come off the phone they say to thereselves well they didn’t ask me if it’s strapped in so no need to tell them lol,good luck get any kind of reimbursement on that pittance of a premium some insurance companies only care when the phone goes and you tell them you need to claim,that’s the point when you’ll need to get your magnifying glass out to read the small print. I had a mileage issue with mine that was their fault out of about 6 pages it was written so small you could hardly pick it out,they put my annual mileage down wrong and when I told them they said sorry about that it could have been an issue. Just because you’ve purchased insurance it doesn’t always mean you are covered and for that price I’d want to look into it.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 08:05:08 pm »
Maximum no claims and everything that goes with it and I’ve never paid less than 450 medium sized van.

EandM

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 08:18:56 pm »
It still is an issue

It might be because I have a pickup but they actually weren't bothered at all.
We used to have to go through a number of different companies to find one to accept the risks.
This time though it was remarkably straight forward.
I also have alloys, interior mods and off road cover but again this wasn't an issue either.
I do live in one of the cheapest insurance areas and am rather old though.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 08:28:06 pm »
Insurance is a personal thing - not only to your age and experience but where you live - in reality I don't think anyone outside the insurance biz will be able to give you the answer you require - perhaps it would have been prudent to get a quote first ?

Nigel and Daz - carrying 4K of heating equipment in the back would be enough to make your premium double the average cold water user

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

EandM

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 08:39:29 pm »
how the hell do you get fully comp commercial van insurance for £179?it just sounds far too low to me...mines around £600 a year at present(that includes breakdown cover and legal expenses too though)......ive also got 14 years + NCB! ::)roll ;D

I'm 51, I live in a fairly remote part of the Dorset / Devon border, I have 20+ years NCB on TWO separate policies and the Ford Ranger is old.
I had it down to £153 two years ago but the overall trend in the insurance industry was upward.
This year came in at £241 but I ran a comparison quote and managed to get them down to £204 which I was fairly happy about. I was then given £25 back due to the virus situation.
My Ranger is one of the older Mazda built ones and therefore not worth a massive amount - though replacement cost is more than I paid for it nine years ago.

I think it's just a combination of the above and having a much cheaper vehicle that keeps the price down.

The off road cover was something I was refused by a number of companies but Gladiator seem to have sorted that out now and it's not an issue.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 05:18:32 pm »
Called up my insurance company and no extra charge at all to have a water tank. As long as I just use for window cleaning and no pressure washing etc. Happy days. Bit surprised by that 👍😃

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 06:26:58 pm »
Insurance is a personal thing - not only to your age and experience but where you live - in reality I don't think anyone outside the insurance biz will be able to give you the answer you require - perhaps it would have been prudent to get a quote first ?

Nigel and Daz - carrying 4K of heating equipment in the back would be enough to make your premium double the average cold water user

Darran

When I went from cold to hot it didn’t make any difference to the premium at all and it’s insured  on a new for old policy on all vans .

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 07:15:43 pm »
If you shop around 30 days before insurance due then you will get a better deal than leaving it until the last minute, was on the money program on tv. The older the vehicle the less you pay. Most insurance companies only count nine years no claims maximum as the limit regardless of wether you have twenty plus.

I have a Merc Vito middle range engine with full no claims, living in Devon and pay  just under five hundred with no claims protection and legal assistance insurance cover fully comp.