This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richyp

Gardiner pole
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:41:03 pm »
just bought a replacement section 1 for slx 35 because I couldnt get the old one free of the gooseneck. Turned out I have damaged clamp on section 2 in process. My question is, would you buy section 2 or just clamp and are they easy to replace ?

tom20001

Re: Gardiner pole
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:37:17 pm »
just bought a replacement section 1 for slx 35 because I couldnt get the old one free of the gooseneck. Turned out I have damaged clamp on section 2 in process. My question is, would you buy section 2 or just clamp and are they easy to replace ?

If it's just clamp that's damaged no reason to replace section surely. Clamps are dead handy to replace just tap in into YouTube they will explain it much better than I can . Very little to it sandpaper, saw, glue ( the two part one with hardener in it from what I remember) I can send a photo of the one I buy if you need it but any hardware shop will have what you need

lal

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 08:30:19 pm »

If it's just clamp that's damaged no reason to replace section surely. Clamps are dead handy to replace just tap in into YouTube they will explain it much better than I can . Very little to it sandpaper, saw, glue ( the two part one with hardener in it from what I remember) I can send a photo of the one I buy if you need it but any hardware shop will have what you need

I think the glue for the clamps that Gardiners  advise to use is Epoxy.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 09:08:09 pm »
The glue they supply in the packet is good stuff it does the job

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 12:30:52 am »
Put heat gun on it - clamp falls off - not loss of length to the section

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk