This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

The dreaded Black rubber run
« on: June 30, 2020, 03:33:14 pm »
OK guys started last couple of months changing to wfp on a whole everything going great, but I did one last month you know the kind you used to run a scrim round rubbers and it came off on cloth like boot polish, anyways did it wfp and payed particular attention as I knew this would be a hassel so done it three times this particular window as it leached a black run you guessed it down middle off window never happens down edge does it  😝, so knew what was Coming today you left that window with a big run down it last Time,
I was not going over this window a forth time as custie would be wondering wtf,
So did it today 2 and still leaching black
So really asking the forum, how can I put a stop to this I was wondering if getting a ladder up and rubbing vasaline round the rubber would rejuvenate it, a bit
Any advice welcomed
Cheers guys

Smudger

Re: The dreaded Black rubber run
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:55:37 pm »
I tf r these rubber sills - then scrub without water and then scrub with high flow until water runs clear - from then on the windows are a pleasure to do
(Now modded - to tfr)
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 05:03:15 pm »
I had a house like this around 3-4 years ago didn’t matter what I did it leached from these seals,I did some of them traditional and afterwards the cloth looked like a 🦓 I no longer do it.

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 09:53:59 pm »
I tar these rubber sills - then scrub without water and then scrub with high flow until water runs clear - from then on the windows are a pleasure to do

Darran
How do you mean "tar", is this some Norfolk technique?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 12:27:01 am »
Sorry - auto correct gone bad and I didn't check   TFR (not tar)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk