This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: A good turn and bit of advertising in one
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:07:04 am »
I did a few free cleans for a couple of long standing(20+ years) elderly customers of mine who ve not been well......it felt good....I wouldn't do 50 though! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 09:56:47 am »
Doesn’t make sense ? Your worried about people losing their jobs so you give free cleans to frontline staff & pensioners ( who arent losing jobs or pension). How is that helping people who are losing their jobs?

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:12:02 am »
Doesn’t make sense ? Your worried about people losing their jobs so you give free cleans to frontline staff & pensioners ( who arent losing jobs or pension). How is that helping people who are losing their jobs?
Its not me but they're local to me.
Guess its a good bit of marketing for them in local rag.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 11:09:07 am »
Its not me but they're local to me.
Guess its a good bit of marketing for them in local rag.

its good PR.

well done for giving it a go, and like you say, it must have felt good.

50 aint so bad if its split amongst a team of cleaners

be interesting if it turns into increased business.

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 11:37:45 am »
50 cleans is nothing if they have a lot of staff. It's all marketing at the end of the day, do you think they could care less about helping the community. Of course not.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 11:45:14 am »
50 cleans is nothing if they have a lot of staff. It's all marketing at the end of the day, do you think they could care less about helping the community. Of course not.

come on! that's a little bit too cynical adam!

it is entirely possible to do some thing that is good for your community (and makes you feel good) AND it be good for business too.

if you flip it... if you're gonna spend on advertising why not tie it into something that is good for the community too? and which makes you feel good about yourself, and your team feel good too. we all need a bit of that warm community feeling at the moment dont we?

if all businesses did that wouldn't it be great?

(thanks for the leads this morning!)  ;)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

NBwcs

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 12:37:46 pm »

it is entirely possible to do some thing that is good for your community (and makes you feel good) AND it be good for business too.

if you flip it... if you're gonna spend on advertising why not tie it into something that is good for the community too? and which makes you feel good about yourself, and your team feel good too. we all need a bit of that warm community feeling at the moment dont we?

[/quote

I wonder if the regular window cleaners for the chosen 50 are "feeling that warm community feeling"?

swanson

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 05:37:44 pm »
Should of given the free cleans to people who have been made redundant.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 05:58:42 pm »

Everyone is different and im just going to be honest.... i must be a horrible person because doing 50 cleans for free wouldnt make me feel good at all  ;D

On the lead generation that i offer for window cleaners *cough* you are very welcome, i`ll get the rest over to you by the end of the week.

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 06:10:49 pm »
Free cleans = free advertising.
They’ve claimed the government handout anyway so aren’t losing out either.
Seems to be a window cleaner thing that’s been done before. Remember the free cleans for nurses? I think Nathan did that one. One guy near me did it too.

Personally I think it’s got bugger all to do with feeling good about it 😉

swanson

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 08:26:27 am »
Agree
Free cleans I don’t get it ??? 8)

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 09:35:56 am »
Checked their FB page. It was free front window cleans. They have 4 vans and were all done in one day whilst also raising money for local hospice. Good bit of pr and free advertising  for them plus money raised for a local good cause. Granted , it was a bit of a gimmick to drum up additional business and some free advertising but a win win all round.   Personally I think they came up with a good idea.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 09:44:34 am »
Checked their FB page. It was free front window cleans. They have 4 vans and were all done in one day whilst also raising money for local hospice. Good bit of pr and free advertising  for them plus money raised for a local good cause. Personally I think they came up with a good idea.

agreed. its a really good idea
iSparkle Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 10:01:44 pm »

Everyone is different and im just going to be honest.... i must be a horrible person because doing 50 cleans for free wouldnt make me feel good at all  ;D

On the lead generation that i offer for window cleaners *cough* you are very welcome, i`ll get the rest over to you by the end of the week.
Yep, you're horrible  ;D