This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Pump problem
« on: June 28, 2020, 09:13:07 pm »
The pump lately has been lazy, when its switched on and water on nowt happens, no flow, give it a thump and it kicks in. If the water flow is off for more than about 40 seconds same thing happens. Is it the pump or pressure switch? Connected via varistream digital btw.
Cheers Rich

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

Re: Pump problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 09:37:59 pm »
Had the same thing a while back.
Turned out to be a bad connection inside the top of pump where the wiring goes in,, caused by water from pole brush dripping on to the pump when secured on the pole holder.
I got some covers to fit over top of pump and no problem since.

Steve

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 09:53:20 pm »
I had a problem with my pump the other day. Plenty of water coming out of the pump but not the hosereel.  Checked for airlocks, then checked connections all good. Checked using a spare flow controller but still couldn't find it. Turned out I had to replace the hose as it had expanded to the point of shutting down the water flow through the hose messing up the D.E detection. Problem sorted as soon as I fitted a new hose.

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 06:39:17 am »
If you have a Varistream remove the pressure switch from the circuit.

Hence controller directly to the motor.  If this doesn't cure the problem then its probably a pump motor fault - brushes or armature. Solution is a new pump.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 09:37:27 pm »
Thanks all, I found the fault, the negaive lead from pump had coroded in the strip connector, I chopped the end off and created a fresh termination all seems well.
Cheers Rich

jk999

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 08:25:27 am »
How do you disconnect pressure switch from the circuit

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 03:03:57 pm »
How do you disconnect pressure switch from the circuit

Unplug the two wires at the pressure switch and join them together.

jk999

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 07:13:36 pm »
Is that it and it doesn't harm the pump in any way ,but does the pump still switch off when you stop water flow or do you have to turn it of with controller

jk999

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 11:57:34 pm »
???????

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 05:40:57 pm »
Is that it and it doesn't harm the pump in any way ,but does the pump still switch off when you stop water flow or do you have to turn it of with controller

The Varistream will do it for you. That's what calibration does.

I ran a 3.8 liter per minute Shurflo with the first digital Varistream for 12 years without a pressure switch. It was on a Varistream analogue controller before that without the pressure switch connected. The reason why I purchased the Varistream is that it kept burning out microswitches.
The pump is still fully working in my old van which needs taking out before the van goes to scrap.

The only other controllers that also dead ends is the variants made by Spring.

Other cheap flow or speed controllers purchased on ebay and some suppliers do not have dead end abilities. They have to have a working pressure switch.

jk999

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 12:13:04 am »
Cheers spruce 🙂👍