Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Price
« on: June 28, 2020, 06:44:05 pm »
I quoted 160 for a 22m2 living room 2 sets of stairs a 4m landing and a rug about2.5mx1.5m. Quote was accepted then today I get a message saying job cancelled as in reflection my price was too high and they had a more realistic price.. Not sure if it was a ploy to get me to reduce the price, but I didn't offer to match or beat the other price, I'm not out to get in to a price war.👹
Cheers Rich

derikraven

Re: Price
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 06:02:56 am »
I would have thought your price quoted was a fair price. If the customer comes back to you and says they have had a better quote then that's fair enough. Some customers shop on price rather than quality of service. If you know the service you offer is worth the asking price then you must stick to your guns and never enter a price war. This is a mistake a lot of cleaners make and they end up working for nothing. Once you have done a "cheap" job for somebody word will get around and you will get yourself a reputation which will stick with you for ever. Most customers realize they have to pay a premium for good service and these are the customers you are looking to attract in the future. :D

RPCCS

Re: Price
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 11:08:10 am »
I would have thought your price quoted was a fair price. If the customer comes back to you and says they have had a better quote then that's fair enough. Some customers shop on price rather than quality of service. If you know the service you offer is worth the asking price then you must stick to your guns and never enter a price war. This is a mistake a lot of cleaners make and they end up working for nothing. Once you have done a "cheap" job for somebody word will get around and you will get yourself a reputation which will stick with you for ever. Most customers realize they have to pay a premium for good service and these are the customers you are looking to attract in the future. :D
Exactly Derik! I made the mistake of starting too cheap when I staryed ths window cleaning 31 years ago, as I was desperate for business and if people said my last window leaner charged £x , I would match it to get the work. That's something I wont do again, you learn from mistakes. When I did my training, both instructors said decide what you want to earn from your business and bos you charge, then stick to it. If the customer says they've been quoted cheaper, that's up to them to decide who they want to do the job. Never price match or undercut..
Cheers Rich