This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil J

Ultimate DuPont TaperTec Hybrid
« on: June 27, 2020, 08:28:27 am »
Wow,
What a work of art, never thought I could get sexual excitement from a new brush.

Dave Willis

Re: Ultimate DuPont TaperTec Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 08:51:17 am »
I prefer the Brazilian.
Got a dupont Ultimate in the garage brand new. I must stick it on Ebay when I think of it.
I like the flocked Xtreme sill brush so much I can’t see myself ever changing.

ben M

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 09:11:02 am »
Wow,
What a work of art, never thought I could get sexual excitement from a new brush.
I really like this brush too.

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 09:38:57 am »
Wow,
Before moving in with his girlfriend Dazmond used to sleep with his extreme poles but to do the same with a brush is just sick. lol

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 10:35:22 am »
I prefer the Brazilian.
Got a dupont Ultimate in the garage brand new. I must stick it on Ebay when I think of it.

I've got a flocked Xtreme Sill that's now just a normal Xtreme if you want to swap it?😁

Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 11:12:08 am »
I prefer the Brazilian.
👍 on the flocked Extreme Dave best brush I’ve used for a long long time got it a few weeks ago and it’s hardly come off.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 12:12:35 pm »
IMO the ultimate is the best all round, day to day brush of them all. It eats through spiders nests etc and covers more surface area than the Xtreme- which results in more efficient cleaning for a very minimal  trade off in weight. Xtremes, I find, are good for extreme situations but for normal day to day stuff just don't cut it quite enough. Get a spiders nest in the corner of a lower sash window and you can be there for ages trying to hook it out- if you can get it out at all. The medium Ultimate whips them out for fun. I also believe that the Ultimate could still shave some weight off even further too... if Alex put his mind to it.👍 As much as I might wish the Xtreme to be as effective as the Ultimate, the reality is, it just isn't. The flocked and softer ones aren't stable either IMO, the stiff sill version with the lowest (red) bristle row removed is quite good but the extended stock ends prevent the bristles getting into the corners- especially on lower sash windows.
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 02:02:53 pm »
What is the point of an Ultimate ? it is roughly the same weight as an supreme with half the splay, worst brush ever.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 02:56:57 pm »
Be careful with the stiff xtreme and cold water. I found after the winter storms the bristles were just too stiff and merely tracked through the film instead of removing it.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 03:21:22 pm »
Exactly in the Autumn and winter this is what I’ve said about the stiffer brushes and cold water,it looks clean from the ground but when you go in they look like someone’s run their fingernails through the dirt with patches left.
The supreme DuPont feels lighter on the pole than the Ultimate DuPont and I’ve found this bristle type to clean the best hot or cold.

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 12:30:26 pm »
How is the supreme DuPont with hot water though?

I’ve been using gardiners stiff supreme for years with hot water, but they’ve recently changed to the all red bristles and Im just finding them too stiff.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 01:23:33 pm »
I’ve just used it on a house with very hot water,it does keep shape and pushes flat but springs back at the mo.
You can only use it on certain windows I find it’s better on plain glass with no bars but works ok with hot water on modern leads only,no good on thicker leads.

windowswashed

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 08:35:40 pm »
I could never get on with the supreme brushes. I bought three as a bundled package when they first come out, tried all three and disliked all of them. They are at the back of the shed burried away somewhere in mint condition, hardly used, would never use them again. Should find them out and sell them on ebay.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 08:55:56 pm »
I've now modified my new Xtreme stiff sill a little further....in addition to removing the red (lowest row) of bristles, I have also removed the over-extended stock ends, which restrict the bristles from effectively getting into corners- particularly on windows with sash horns. It's pretty much now how I would want it and have a full day of said windows tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.👍
Comfortably Numb!

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 09:21:07 pm »
Wow,
How stiff is it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 08:27:15 am »
I’m old skool. It says only compatible with the jet capsule system. I’ve only ever used brushes with the original connections and pencil jets. What is this system and what would I need as well as the brush to get started?

NWH

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 09:08:22 am »
Didn’t think I’d like it but I do the pencil type capsule works exactly the same as standard jets,the tool they supply to take jets out to change for fans etc  is easy to use just twist and pull the jets out and pop the others in simple.
Makes the brushes more versatile if you like using fans for weatherboard wash downs etc like I do,once I’ve finished takes a couple of seconds to just pop the pencil jets back in. 👍

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 12:57:31 pm »
I’m old skool. It says only compatible with the jet capsule system. I’ve only ever used brushes with the original connections and pencil jets. What is this system and what would I need as well as the brush to get started?

All you need is your finger to hit the buy button.  ;D

It comes with everything you need. 👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 01:23:55 pm »
They are old skool as far as how they shoot the water out the brush you’d never know otherwise,the good thing is with a few seconds you’ve got fans if you need-want them.