Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy Hogarth

Portable heat exchanger
« on: June 23, 2020, 08:22:57 pm »
What’s the best portable heat exchanger these days ?

I want to use it for an enforcer 400, how good are they? Can you consistently run 2/300 psi and get good heat??

Cheers all
Www.2venturegroup.com

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Portable heat exchanger
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 08:58:52 pm »
Tbh no not with the way you want to work you’d need 2 or change the way you wand which may slow you down.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:35:02 pm »
What’s the best portable heat exchanger these days ?

I want to use it for an enforcer 400, how good are they? Can you consistently run 2/300 psi and get food heat??

Cheers all

The best you could buy ?    I would say Ashbys steammate  , because its a full 12amps and they wrap a copper coil around the metal body to increse efficiency  ( i dont think any others have that feature )
But its about £1100 now ?   , they know its good and can get the price for it  .  But as Shaun says two cheaper ones joined together will out  perform it  ,( the downside might be having to run a cable to another part of the house for one of them  so you dont trip the breakers ) .    You can gauge performance by the current draw really  ...  3000w steammate is 12amps  .... add another 1000w  heater you at 15amps  ... add a 2000w your at  18amps  or so .
I recently put together a custom 15amp  ... at 15amp its starting to keep up with a 3flow wand at about 200psi .

But if you have an immersion in your Enforcer ?  part of the reason thats there is to preheat the water you feed your inline  ...  so feeding the inline a tank full of 50degree water is going to keep up with your wand much better than an trank full of 20 degree .

If its for upholstery than a  12amp is fine   ,  the 15amp is burning the hand off me with the cfr type tool .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 10:07:19 pm »
Andy is used to keying with a big TM at 400psi with a higher flow so I’m trying to think what he’s trying to replicate.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 10:14:10 pm »
Aye up Shaun, glad to see you still on here, I’m fed up with the Facebook pages, knew I’d get good advice on here.

We have set another little van up, mostly for bad access, mattresses and upholstery during the student crazy time. I don’t want it to be mega faffy with wires everywhere.
 What is the issue with method ? Do you have to wait in between keying the wand etc.

It was so much easier when I was happy with a mytee speedster 🤣🤣
Www.2venturegroup.com

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 12:18:56 am »
An in tank heater pre heating the water to 60c with a steam mate will produce steaming hot water at 400 psi and a 4 flow wand, pretty much truck mount temperatures. You have to use the technique of pulling the wand back with the trigger on and letting it off on the forward stroke for about five passes then doing dry strokes over the area, to keep the constant heat.  The only downside of the steam mate is they do seem to go wrong. I have a magma and a Steam mate and the Steam mate is noticeably hotter.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 01:25:55 am »
Andy

Apparently the mytee hot box is the b******s!

john martin

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 10:14:49 am »
Well it's just four 600w heaters inline , 2400w , it's really based on what the max you draw on a 20amp American circuit ...about 2400w . They would have included a one or two more power rods for the 230 version  to bring it up to 3kw . But they couldn't be bothered , like anything mytee in the UK , there is no effort  , they don't even supply there latest 6.6 portables here .just some overpriced 5. 7 versions with poor inbuilt heaters . You've got the best built machines in the UK ,no need to bother with American stuff   .  That said mytee now have a twin cord heater ( available in the US.