This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve H

Honda GX390
« on: June 18, 2020, 09:03:56 pm »
Hi Guys,
Anyone offer guidance on this one.
My Honda GX 390 pressure washer is due a service before i get going with it again. It needs an oil change all round and probably a general service looking at the manual, its now 12 months old, but not been hammered.
Anyone who has one or similar, can you let me know where you might take it to?
If changing oil myself im assuming the following according to what i can understand with the manuals;
- Engine oil 10w/40 (fully synthetic)
- Pump 10w/40 (as above)
- Gearbox 80/90 gearbox oil
Just wondered what you guys do with yours, cheers, steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Smudger

Re: Honda GX390
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:24:58 pm »
they are pretty bullet proof as long as ou don't run out of oil

I tend not to do servicing on them now as the cost is high when you can get a complete engine for £275 ( Chinese copy I know )
its all pretty basic so drain oils and refill - air filter and spark plug  change

I think I might change oil every other year - we run the p/w's most weeks 3 days a week 10 hours a day - BUT we ALWAYS check fluid levels at the start of each day

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Steve H

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 08:08:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply Darran, yes when i bought it i new the Honda engines were very reliable, so thought worth the money.  It has made a huge difference to how much work i can get through as well, with both lances and fsc, so will pay for itself for sure in the long run.
I will change the oil/ filter and plug etc, just to keep it running smooth as you mentioned. Just wondering how long you would expect your pressure washers to last using them as you do.
Thanks again
Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 08:32:13 pm »
Six years before I broke one  ;D
Still runs but has a bit of piston slap..
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 02:37:47 pm »
I service mine once a year myself, I've had my gx390 21Lpm since 2017 and except for a broken pull cord it hasn't missed a beat  :)

Steve H

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:58:29 pm »
Thanks guys, i expected it to last 5 years or so as they are solid engines, however, i suppose its how much you use it/ look after it.
Cheers
Steve

Mike Strange

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 11:40:26 pm »
Just had mine delivered from Rutland Pumps on Wednesday
Ges Clean Ltd

tom20001

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 09:10:18 pm »
Just had mine delivered from Rutland Pumps on Wednesday

What specs and price you get mike I was onto Rutland today about one