This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

Hypo quantity
« on: June 11, 2020, 05:53:31 pm »

Just working out a quote for render cleaning on this block of flats and would be interested to hear your thoughts on how much hypo to allow for.

I have estimated 16 x 25 litres of 15% hypo some of the sand and cement render will be pressure cleaned then stains spot cleaned with hypo. All sandstone sills and coping stones and render K will be soft washed with hypo

Splash & dash

Re: Hypo quantity
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 07:02:54 pm »

Just working out a quote for render cleaning on this block of flats and would be interested to hear your thoughts on how much hypo to allow for.

I have estimated 16 x 25 litres of 15% hypo some of the sand and cement render will be pressure cleaned then stains spot cleaned with hypo. All sandstone sills and coping stones and render K will be soft washed with hypo

16 x20 ltr  drums of hypo for that !,,,,,, you must be joking 5-7 maximum how are you applying your mix to the building ?..

simon w

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 07:26:10 pm »

16 x20 ltr  drums of hypo for that !,,,,,, you must be joking 5-7 maximum how are you applying your mix to the building ?..

Sprayed on with a DA Component then change over to a medium stiff bristled WFP brush still with a hypo feed coming through the brush fairly low pressure. We are likely to reapply to each side after washing off closely inspecting for algae spores left on render. I agree 16 sounds like a lot, 100 litres per side   but the worst thing you can do is underestimate and then start loosing your profit by ordering more. Maybe the photos do show enough detail. The owners have been pestering for a quote for ages and are very impressed with the test cleans to the three surfaces. I'm not going in cheap with the quote as we are stacked out with work at the moment and would rather not rush it and aim to leave the render looking amazing. It is very heavily stained in places I'm not sure those photo's show all the detail. Another factor for working slowly and carefully is that it can be  quite a busy area a windy exposed location so safety in order to prevent damage to property is paramount

P.S that's 25 litres and not 20 as you stated above  :)

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 11:08:35 pm »

Sprayed on with a DA Component then change over to a medium stiff bristled WFP brush still with a hypo feed coming through the brush fairly low pressure. We are likely to reapply to each side after washing off closely inspecting for algae spores left on render. I agree 16 sounds like a lot, 100 litres per side   but the worst thing you can do is underestimate and then start loosing your profit by ordering more. Maybe the photos do show enough detail. The owners have been pestering for a quote for ages and are very impressed with the test cleans to the three surfaces. I'm not going in cheap with the quote as we are stacked out with work at the moment and would rather not rush it and aim to leave the render looking amazing. It is very heavily stained in places I'm not sure those photo's show all the detail. Another factor for working slowly and carefully is that it can be  quite a busy area a windy exposed location so safety in order to prevent damage to property is paramount

P.S that's 25 litres and not 20 as you stated above  :)

I have never seen hypo sold in 25 ltr drums we get ours from a farm shop and pay £12 for 20 ltr of 10% strength  on houses usually we use 1, drum I think you are using far more product than you need to use we dilute it 4-1 and have never needed to use it stronger unless it’s licken on patios , the job below doesn’t show all walls but we used 20 ltr of hypo and the place was covered in black mould that had eaten into the k rend .

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 11:24:09 pm »
As with slash and bash  ;D 16 drums is way no much  you could probably do half a city with that amount
I would put it at 4 barrels (1 get 25ltr ones @ 15% ) or 5 if they are 20 Ltd barrels any more than that you need to review how your mixing and applying  the hypo

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Darran Smith PRSS

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 06:44:52 am »

https://softwash-systems.com/academy/discover-softwash/
When you want the very best SoftWashing Equipment for your business.

simon w

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 03:56:53 pm »
OK thanks for all your input guy's. I've factored 10 x 25 L 15% SH  into the cost and plan to buy and take 6 to the job with four in reserve if needed. The block in the photo is just an annex to the main larger block next door. They are having scaffolding going up later in the summer for other works and are interested in making use of the scaffold to have the render cleaned on the remaining block at this time so I will use any unused hypo at that time.

I'll let you know how this goes and post up some finished pictures of the block shown in the photo.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 11:12:26 pm »
OK thanks for all your input guy's. I've factored 10 x 25 L 15% SH  into the cost and plan to buy and take 6 to the job with four in reserve if needed. The block in the photo is just an annex to the main larger block next door. They are having scaffolding going up later in the summer for other works and are interested in making use of the scaffold to have the render cleaned on the remaining block at this time so I will use any unused hypo at that time.

I'll let you know how this goes and post up some finished pictures of the block shown in the photo.

Hope it goes well , I would think the scaffolding will get in the way it’s easier to do all that without any to be honest .