Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Ist time using a controller
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 08:25:30 am »
Without trying to sound condescending.... once you fully understand how use and calibrate a controller properly to your individual system, they are priceless IMO.
My system is leak free, never required protektacote in any van and never get connectors popping off. It's fully fitted with Hozelock type connectors and barbed joints. All the barbed joints are only retained by plastic cable ties with no jubilee clips.👍
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2020, 08:40:52 am »
Yeah beginning to realise i should have used a controller all these past years.
Anyway, how are you doing Daz?

Hi Jon I'm fine pal....ticking over nicely in a work sense.....missing the gym and my bandmates though.....I've ordered a new roland electronic drum kit to keep me sane and my drumming up to scratch......I think we ll be doing a lot of charity gigs when all this is over!
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2020, 09:38:46 am »
Retail therapy always good
You've set my mind thinking  ;D

stevieg

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 10:29:13 am »
Has anyone used different brands and found a particular one the best?  I am sick of the things burning out/packing in and getting no help from the supplier with repair or even suggestions to where to get them repaired!!!  Failing that,can anyone suggest parts etc how to make your own,including the voltage protection device.

Thanks.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 10:52:52 am »
Without trying to sound condescending.... once you fully understand how use and calibrate a controller properly to your individual system, they are priceless IMO.
My system is leak free, never required protektacote in any van and never get connectors popping off. It's fully fitted with Hozelock type connectors and barbed joints. All the barbed joints are only retained by plastic cable ties with no jubilee clips.👍

I can see the benefits of the calibration now, I never used to like the cal function as I preferred having instant full whack when I pulled the univalve. With the cal set it takes a few seconds for the pressure to work back up. But like you say, I got leaks galore, blowing fittings weekly, water all over the van lol. Now I have the cal set in my truck I haven't seen a drop of water in the back. The van used to p water out of the sides every day lol.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 11:04:41 am »

I can see the benefits of the calibration now, I never used to like the cal function as I preferred having instant full whack when I pulled the univalve. With the cal set it takes a few seconds for the pressure to work back up. But like you say, I got leaks galore, blowing fittings weekly, water all over the van lol. Now I have the cal set in my truck I haven't seen a drop of water in the back. The van used to p water out of the sides every day lol.

With a bit of practice, trial & error, you'll be able to set it to perfection and even get rid of that slight delay.👍
All you have to do then is adjust it slightly for hot and cold weather- usually just 1 or 2 values either way of your optimum to compensate.
Comfortably Numb!

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2020, 11:11:43 am »
Spring provide a two year return to base manufacturers warranty on their controllers, and will often inspect controllers for free then advise on next steps before doing anything else.

Support is provided by the distributors and Spring very often through these and other social media pages. Controllers are designed in house and we manufacture in the UK. The forums are also a way for us to gain feedback which is reflected back into the controllers. 

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

stevieg

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2020, 01:59:30 pm »
Where do I find this product? Have looked but cant see a price!!

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2020, 02:17:54 pm »
Where do I find this product? Have looked but cant see a price!!

The window cleaner suppliers and stockist have these in stock. If you look at the supplier web site you would get other supplies from.
V16 Is Here

stevieg

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2020, 02:39:29 pm »
Do you mean that Spring supply these to other suppliers? If so can you tell me who they are?
Steve.

stevieg

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2020, 02:43:30 pm »
Further to my previous question I notice that a "supplier" has very similar controllers to the spring brand. If I send my controllers to spring would they look at them for me?

Simon Trapani

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2020, 03:18:47 pm »
Spring make them all. They just get rebadged for the suppliers.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2020, 05:20:07 pm »
Further to my previous question I notice that a "supplier" has very similar controllers to the spring brand. If I send my controllers to spring would they look at them for me?

Yes we are happy to take a look at your controllers, The V11 have distributor branding.
Can I ask does the controller have any messages showing on the display ? Aprrox how old is it and waht rating fuse was fittted

If it needs to come back  Please send them to Spring (Europe) ltd Unit 9 April Court, Sybron way, Crowborough TN6 3DZ. Please include contact information and a return address
V16 Is Here

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2020, 10:42:09 pm »
Has anyone used different brands and found a particular one the best?  I am sick of the things burning out/packing in and getting no help from the supplier with repair or even suggestions to where to get them repaired!!!  Failing that,can anyone suggest parts etc how to make your own,including the voltage protection device.

Thanks.

how the hell are you burning them out/killing them?....ive always found the digital controllers really reliable...ive had my current liquid logic controller for 2 and a half years now no problems..i know some window cleaners who ve had them for many years,again with no problems.....
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2020, 09:50:58 am »

Thanks.

how the hell are you burning them out/killing them?....ive always found the digital controllers really reliable...ive had my current liquid logic controller for 2 and a half years now no problems..i know some window cleaners who ve had them for many years,again with no problems.....

When your batteries are fixed and your controllers in a dry area then you should have no issues.

The trouble starts when you have to remove the battery for charging. Murphy's law says that if you are dyslexic like I am you are going to get the battery terminals mixed up sooner or later. Reversing polarity blows controllers.

Like you I plug my battery charger in over night to supplementary charge my leisure battery and van battery at the same time. There is no way I can make a mistake and damage my controllers.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)