Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Christoph Walker

Thoughts on using in tank chemicals & deodorisers
« on: May 29, 2020, 12:44:16 pm »
Good afternoon all, hope all are safe and well.

With business resuming, I'm considering trying a few different methods. Currently using a prespray then rinsing with plain water. But I've never been 100% satisfied. The carpets always come up nice and the customers are always satisfied.

Thinking leaving the carpet smelling fresh will add to the customer satisfaction. So looking on recommendations on an in tank solution and deodoriser that would work along side a prespray?

Thank you all, Chris

Robin Ray

Re: Thoughts on using in tank chemicals & deodorisers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 06:10:44 pm »
Two personal favorites at the moment are both Hydramaster products, Clear water rinse which is an acid rinse with cleaning ability and Hydraclean which is alkaline.

mjm

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 06:54:12 pm »
Good afternoon all, hope all are safe and well.

With business resuming, I'm considering trying a few different methods. Currently using a prespray then rinsing with plain water. But I've never been 100% satisfied. The carpets always come up nice and the customers are always satisfied.

Thinking leaving the carpet smelling fresh will add to the customer satisfaction. So looking on recommendations on an in tank solution and deodoriser that would work along side a prespray?

Thank you all, Chris

I was rinsing with water only a few year ago as u was told to  it didnt feel right and I used to think it left sticky carpet  slightly
I stopped carpet cleaning for a while as it wasn't working for me I was making mistakes one of which was rinsing with water only personally

Anyway I use split x at the moment   rinse x in tank
Not that there is much work on my side at present
But soon as the schools gi back should be smooth
Good  luck mate     

john martin

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:47:38 pm »
for helping the cleaning process  ...   a small amount of intank detergent  def improves results  ,  it could be a liquid  , or a powder like ultimate master , or F90  , or a host or others .
When supplies were harder to get during the lockdown i played around with some of the laundry detergents  , the liquids produce no troublesome foam now and give excellent results ,  probably a more sophisticated product than most of the carpet cleaning chemicals.
Like wise for a nice smell  ... these are great  ...
https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/comfort-perfume-deluxe-lavish-blossom-fabric-conditioner-58-washes-1l/p/0467603

Although i usually get 4x5 liters of lavender premium concentrate deodorizer from mistral chemicals , when ever they are back to normal production again .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 09:45:51 pm »
John what other products do you suggest or use/like from Mistral ?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 10:04:14 pm »
Hi , the deodorizer is all i get on a repeat order really ,   sometimes acetone or isopropyl.     They would have rust remover and some other useful products though. 

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 11:16:48 pm »
There’s not much left on their shelves atm based on looking at their website

john martin

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 11:37:44 pm »
There’s not much left on their shelves atm based on looking at their website

True  ,  id say its a relatively small operation,  and between whatever lockdown northern Ireland has ,   and focusing on pandemic related chemical supplies ( sanatizers )  ...   and its probably hard for them to get product fron their suppliers ,  they have a limited product range right now .

Elfyn

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 03:53:58 pm »
As with most things in this trade, oppinions will vary on the use of an in-tank deodouriser - a topic of many previous posts.
I, also, use a fresh water rinse and I regularly use Prochem's Odour Fresh B124 in my tank. It doesn't have a great smell (think industrial toilet cleaner) but it's a smell that makes people think of "sanitised". It's fairly economical to use compared to other products too.