Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Cotton / linin sofa
« on: May 25, 2020, 05:05:18 pm »
I have the above to do Iam going to do it with prochem shampoo. And sponge  do you suggest this intank   I have a sapphire hand tool

https://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/CHUKDFC45

Nobby

Re: Cotton / linin sofa
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 06:20:35 pm »
No, never use a high foam shampoo in an extraction machine. The foam will build up very quickly in the waste tank, whether you use a defoamer or not, and mess up your vacuum motors.  I suggest you use an appropriate upholstery pre spray and extraction detergent or fibre rinse.

mjm

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 06:41:49 pm »
No, never use a high foam shampoo in an extraction machine. The foam will build up very quickly in the waste tank, whether you use a defoamer or not, and mess up your vacuum motors.  I suggest you use an appropriate upholstery pre spray and extraction detergent or fibre rinse.

Ok thanks I do get mixed up sometimes got a  lot on so I ask on here.
So wool X    prey spray or prey spray gold and extract prochem fibre fabric rinse  or rinse X got loads of this

Nobby

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 07:59:28 am »
One of those combinations would be the safest option and certainly more effective than shampoo if the fabric is only lightly soiled. If it’s grubby,  subject to testing,  a higher pH pre spray  would be even more effective. Is there any head grease on the back cushions?   
Be prepared for the possibility of limited results on cotton/ linen.

mjm

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 08:11:47 am »
One of those combinations would be the safest option and certainly more effective than shampoo if the fabric is only lightly soiled. If it’s grubby,  subject to testing,  a higher pH pre spray  would be even more effective. Is there any head grease on the back cushions?   
Be prepared for the possibility of limited results on cotton/ linen.

No head.  Grease.   And it's in quite good order so should be fine.

Thanks

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 11:06:20 pm »
Advise the customer that it will take longer to dry then usual, a bucket with a natural sponge or even a brush with foaming shampoo squeezing out the sponge to create a lathered foam and applying to the fabric is a great way and then a light extract with an acid rinse, take your turbo driers

mjm

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 12:09:14 pm »
Advise the customer that it will take longer to dry then usual, a bucket with a natural sponge or even a brush with foaming shampoo squeezing out the sponge to create a lathered foam and applying to the fabric is a great way and then a light extract with an acid rinse, take your turbo driers

Alright Shaun thanks

👍

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:55 pm »
How has the fibres been identified?  What percentage is each fibre?  Unless I can use normal hot water extraction I turn down the job, shampoo has a tendency to have unequal wetting, as you put the sponge on the fabric a big glug of shampoo soaks in then you try spreading it around.... you never get equal coverage unless you really use a wet foam

And if you are rinsing with a hand tool them why bother with the low moisture shampoo to start with? You might as well use a neutral Ph prespray

Do a test with HWE if it’s ok then continue
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 08:44:54 pm »
How has the fibres been identified?  What percentage is each fibre?  Unless I can use normal hot water extraction I turn down the job, shampoo has a tendency to have unequal wetting, as you put the sponge on the fabric a big glug of shampoo soaks in then you try spreading it around.... you never get equal coverage unless you really use a wet foam

And if you are rinsing with a hand tool them why bother with the low moisture shampoo to start with? You might as well use a neutral Ph prespray

Do a test with HWE if it’s ok then continue
I will Do a wet test first with the machine mike

I have a pump up foamer.from venus I will use that if necessary

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 04:01:17 pm »
As long as you use a neutral / low ph prespray and follow up with an acid rinse or a neutral extraction detergent you should be fine.  In the past I have had good results with Craftex Pre enzyme solution extracted with Chemspec Optimal Rinse. In recent times I have had good results using Restoremate Bio Clean extracted  with Hydramaster Clearwater rinse.  Shampoo extracted with Fib and Fab would work well. I use those acid extraction solutions not to neutralize, but because they have added cleaning power without raising the ph level. Most acid rinses are just acid rinses, and have no cleaning power at all.
The sapphire hand tool does help control the moisture level as good as can be, however linen  does retain alot of moisture so air movers are essential.

mjm

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 06:47:50 pm »
As long as you use a neutral / low ph prespray and follow up with an acid rinse or a neutral extraction detergent you should be fine.  In the past I have had good results with Craftex Pre enzyme solution extracted with Chemspec Optimal Rinse. In recent times I have had good results using Restoremate Bio Clean extracted  with Hydramaster Clearwater rinse.  Shampoo extracted with Fib and Fab would work well. I use those acid extraction solutions not to neutralize, but because they have added cleaning power without raising the ph level. Most acid rinses are just acid rinses, and have no cleaning power at all.
The sapphire hand tool does help control the moisture level as good as can be, however linen  does retain alot of moisture so air movers are essential.

Thanks robin