This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

It's bank holiday tomorrow
« on: May 24, 2020, 10:22:20 am »
For some reason I didn't realise until now.

I was planning to work but now I get a day off. Nice surprise...

That's all.  ;D

Crystal-clear

Re: It's bank holiday tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:33:47 am »

That's all.  ;D
This is the first year ever where I worked every single bank holiday because every day is the same everyone works from home no school. No social gatherings  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:39:29 am »

That's all.  ;D
This is the first year ever where I worked every single bank holiday because every day is the same everyone works from home no school. No social gatherings  ;D

Yeh I know, I would work tomorrow if I really wanted to.. its not the same as a normal Bank Holiday is it but I'll take the excuse for a day off. I've hardly had any days off last few weeks whilst half the nation was sat on their arse.

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 10:44:31 am »

That's all.  ;D

Yeh I know, I would work tomorrow if I really wanted to.. its not the same as a normal Bank Holiday is it but I'll take the excuse for a day off. I've hardly had any days off last few weeks whilst half the nation was sat on their arse.
What did you want them to do?
Go to Barnard Castle because the window cleaner was coming round?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 11:28:09 am »
No day is any different at the moment you wait we will have another bank holiday after all this is finished as well,Corona day lol.
I’ve booked work in just for the morning to break the day up,the Mrs is going to do a few bits in the garden then it’ll be an afternoon of laying in the sun 25 degrees tomorrow 👍

swanson

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 11:31:49 am »
Working all day tomorrow

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:53 pm »
I never work bank holidays or weekends anymore......I cant remember the last time I did..it must be a few years ago.....I've not had a full week off this year yet though even during the so called lockdown! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 02:18:46 pm »
I never work on a day ending in a ‘Y’ I earn £50K a year have an hour for lunch and am always home before I’ve gone out.
I am actually brilliant!

deeege

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 02:50:49 pm »
I’m working a full day, I planned some commercial work in before I realised it was a bank holiday, can’t be bothered to rearrange it so I’ll do it as planned.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Crystal-clear

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 03:07:45 pm »
As the bank holidays the same as everyday now
Is giving us all all more profit as you can work on it lol .
We can even work 7-days a week every day is the same!

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 03:16:04 pm »
Yep, then add it to the grant and pay more tax.

alank

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 03:39:25 pm »
It's a bank holiday no chance of me working it. I'm off fishing  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 04:44:07 pm »
It's a bank holiday no chance of me working it. I'm off fishing  ;D

I'm waiting for the rivers to open then I'll be back on the hunt for barbel.

Commercial fisheries don't really do it for me anymore its too easy to catch.

alank

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 04:50:42 pm »
Fly fishing for me on the river browney dont like commercial fisheries much either. I still have the occasional trip to the reservoirs if the rivers are low ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 06:20:02 pm »
It's a national holiday to commemorate the 15th anniversary of The Miracle of Istanbul tomorrow.
I'll watch from the second half onwards and the Barcelona 4-0 as well.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 11:28:31 pm »
It's a national holiday to commemorate the 15th anniversary of The Miracle of Istanbul tomorrow.

Nah watch the first half, makes the second half more special...

The Olympiacos and dortmund comebacks were pretty special as well

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 12:11:46 am »

They were.
Istanbul is still the best, imo. I've got so many memories from that night and I only watched it in the pub. Loads of United in as well.
Andy Gray saying when their third goal went in "game well and truly over. And I hate saying that".
Course you did, bluenose  ;D.
Try and watch Rafa talk about the night on Monday Night Football and you realise that we we weren't that lucky.
He's a legend, that Mon.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 08:39:37 am »

They were.
Istanbul is still the best, imo. I've got so many memories from that night and I only watched it in the pub. Loads of United in as well.
Andy Gray saying when their third goal went in "game well and truly over. And I hate saying that".
Course you did, bluenose  ;D.
Try and watch Rafa talk about the night on Monday Night Football and you realise that we we weren't that lucky.
He's a legend, that Mon.

When Crespo scored my heart sank, it was all over...

The switch at half time to bring in Hamann changed the game (what an underrated player he was BTW)

As soon as Gerrard scored you just knew what was going to happen and when smicer scored it confirmed it. Dudeks heroics in extra time and carra throwing himself into challenges with cramp. Legendary night.

Rafa is probably still my fav manager and that's saying a lot because I love klopp.

As you can tell im fan, missed the 80s and grew up amongst Leeds fans watching them win the title in 1992. I became a Liverpool fan at around age 9 because my mate wouldn't shut up about Leeds so I said one day who's the best team then i'll Support them haha and it stuck.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 09:24:32 am »
Gerrard won that final not Rafa. Should have picked Hamman from the start of the match to cut out Kaka.

Liverpool fan since late 70's.

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 10:04:45 am »
Gerrard won that final not Rafa. Should have picked Hamman from the start of the match to cut out Kaka.

Liverpool fan since late 70's.
You might change your mind if you see on that MNF with Carragher. His attention to detail was incredible.
He changed the Kaka thing (he says the first goal didn't help with that). He put Gerrard further forward but then switched him to right wing back when it was 3-3 because Serginho was causing problems and Gerrard had the legs and more discipline than Smicer.

The biggest eye opener for me was the penalties. Our three scorers were all subs. The one that missed, Riise, played all the game.
Rafa said that they studied penalties and where the Milan players put them. He was very clear that it was all about the work that they had done on penalties behind the scenes.
Rafa was also glowing in his praise for the character (he loves that word  ;D) of the players; especially the likes of Gerrard and Carragher.

We don't see all that, do we?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐