Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Re: Alltec discovery day & ncca roadshow
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2006, 02:37:52 pm »
Actually Mike I started out with a ;ittle quip about you but deleted it as I did not want to get into trouble with the moderators.
 ;D ;D ;D
Hence the qoute, then I got  confused it all ended up in qoutes

craigp

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 03:33:58 pm »
hope i didnt sound like i was boasting, just wanted to point out that u not got be FT to get real busy, 3 weeks for me is definutly not the norm, normally i consider 2 weeks booked up to be busy ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2006, 05:37:27 pm »
in trouble with the moderators you are the moderator!! what was you going to do, send yourself to bed early without any tea.

and you can keep your little quips to yourself, they only come out of your jealousy of my hugely successful carpet cleaning business :D :D :D

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2006, 07:43:46 pm »
Mike, does this mean that you would rather not have any bookings and wait for the phone to ring??

advance bookings, mean that you can relax a bit, but i do agree that you don't want to be booked too far in advance, but 3 weeks in advance i'snt that long!
if however you were booked up 3 months in advance then maybe your price should increase

as for being a slave to your business????????? 
i've never had so much time off in my whole working life
i choose who i work for and won't take any crap off any of my customers
i dont want to be cleaning really filthy, smelly carpets so i try to target better  areas and most of the time, that seems to work, but also some people in these areas are filthy, rotten peasants, so i don't take the jobs on.

what do i mean by quality jobs?
EG  light soiled carpets, larger jobs so i don't have to go from place to place in one day and repeat and referal jobs.

i won't be at alltec this time because im on holiday that week!!

so whoever does go, have a great time.

p.s i also agree that you don't have to follow a programme like fasttrack, but i did and it worked really well for me and have no regretts whatsoever

i hope that ever carpet cleaner in the land makes a good business for themselves, and i think more people sholud help and congratulate anybody who is trying to build any business., cause it is hard work, and at the begining it was a real struggle, despite all the training and marketing but now , for me at least, things are working well, and long may it last

thats it, got to pack

bye bye.

Len Gribble

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 09:12:08 pm »
Colin

Have a nice hol (dictated by the wife/partner) ;D

Quality just like the rest of us, look see = £’s black top and all another few more £signs. Should have taken up pluming  ???

Slave only when I go to bed! Other times, wife has to book an appointment; until I get a call from her in panic mode, customer understands  ;D

It’s getting scary customer are booking in advance haven’t got 07 diary is it printed? :(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

the red carpet

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2006, 08:04:35 pm »
Both turned out to be fairly good days, lots of food for thought and i definatly took somthing away from both days so worth going to in my opinion.

If you havent and you do get a chance i would say its somthing worth doing.

Looking forward to Peters event now for the next free bbq ;D

Am strongly considering joining Roberts fast track program but still not totally convinced, however i think i will go with it

one thing i will say for fast track that i have never seen mentioned on here, is its not just a marketing package you also get a lot of training included as well.

You get the carpet and upholstery iicrc courses wich entitle you to join the ncca and loads more on your choice of subjects, carpet repair, stain removal, leather cleaning, leather repair, curtain cleaning and loads more. I think in total its 13 days training leading to about 7 certificates wich will look nice in your portfolio and probably open up a few new areas for  you.

So even if not one bit of the marketing worked for you, you would still take something away from it all

And thats 100% guaranteed or your money back, see i sound like a fast tracker allready ;)

Mark Stanley

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 08:39:46 pm »
whats the cost Red I must have missed that bit on the day ???
NCCA

the red carpet

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2006, 08:44:44 pm »
£3500 but you can pay over the year by direct debit

Mark Stanley

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2006, 08:48:36 pm »
Phew?? I should co - co
Still I am of a similar opinion as you it sounds good, there is no magic just good tried and tested method I guess oh and training

NCCA

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2006, 09:27:42 pm »
Daniel,

I look forward to receiving your CD in 18 months time, I think if you check back the training has always been mentioned.

Mike your right I have always been jelous of your success ;D ;D ;D

the red carpet

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 10:46:15 pm »
Done quite a few searches Ian, and never found anyting mentioned about the training just the marketing and im sure if i missed it a few others have to.

At the end of the day if your someone who is interested in training it dosent make this such a bad deal, 13 days training at say £100 a day is £1300 so if your paying them £3500 you only stand to loose just over half your money and thats if its completly useless.

Forgot to say that trainings, for you and a couple of members of staff if you have them.

Must admit i thought the two guys there "Martin Riley" and "Kevin Barber" could have so easily been a couple of Roberts palls just bunged a few quid to turn up and make all these claims and was dubious.

But its comforting to see Martins a member on here and has been for some time, and i done a few searches on the net and they are both in the cc game, so it must be true.

So Martin now i actually belive you, congratulations on what you seemed to have achieved.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2006, 11:15:27 pm »
Not sure if its still there but Martin was selling his ninja on Ebay .

Said he no longer cleaned but spent quality time with family etc. and cocentrated on marketing.

What Im a bit puzzled about is  Martins been the success story for over two years and yes an insperation, was there not a new success last year. And Kevin as long as I can remember

And as you say Danniel you got the Guarantee and as you are implementing most of the statergies anyway but maybee Fastrack can improve your performance you would have no worries if you felt it was not working for you.

As I read it,   the get out clause for Alltec is if you do not implement what you have been taught .? 

I put that as a question as it may have changed.

the red carpet

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 08:43:59 am »
30 day free trial, you can get out in that time with no catches.

then i think after six months you have to send robert a letter and prove you have at least been trying the adds ect, and you can get out.

After a year, i think you need a accountants letter proving that you havent earnt more than £50,000 and you again need to prove you have tried by i guess showing your y/p add ect.

Kevin was picking up a brand new van on the day all fittid out with a/c and extras, with a brand new dual wand t/m with all the bits and pieces all sign written and lined and racked out. Nicest van iv seen in our buisness so he must be doing something right, and i belive martin has the same.

Liahona

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 09:19:17 am »
Red, cant be, I have the nicest van, he says with a smile. Best, Dave. Must be true even Rob Saunders

said so!!!!!!

Neil Grainger

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 12:47:21 pm »
Red, be awear, but the costs are not just £3500. To implement everything you will need minimum of another £7000 on top to get things going.

If you got the cash great but if you are starting on a tight budget you will struggle to implement things.

System is good but it does concern me that their are so many now. How many in your current YP?

I did a qoute the other day where two of the other quotes used the same system, it became very hard to sell it because you werent different. What made it so good is that you were different from the others that just turn up and write the price on the back of a fAg packet.

The three stage letters work a treat but you will get the odd one that will take you for the 200sq ft of cleaning.

Mark Stanley

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2006, 01:34:25 pm »
What is the additional 7K for ?
NCCA

the red carpet

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2006, 02:31:44 pm »
printing and distribution of leaflets, placing y/p ads, and other marketing i would think

Neil Grainger

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2006, 02:43:24 pm »
Red,

I'm not negative because I use a lot of the Fast Trak material in my own marketing and it works very well.

I just found out that the real cost was not just the £3500 and as a new start last year I found the costs just to much and thought that i would be better served waiting until I was more established.

You are right as regard YP Printing and delivery.

craigp

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2006, 07:36:01 pm »
i would echo neils words, IT WILL NOT WORK FOR ALL.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2006, 09:49:17 pm »
£3500 + £7000 = £10500 spent in the first year for fast track.

save your money, employ a worker on minimum wage have him put out leaflets in average areas and hand deliver sales letter to the upper end of the market. or employ an experienced telesales person to cold call business owners.

this will make more money than any bought marketing plan.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk