Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

3rd floor jobs
« on: April 30, 2020, 11:15:45 am »
I have had to turn down a job because no lift and to noisy for residents do you have a smaller machine to manoeuvre  up stairs or do you turn down

Neil Worsnop

Re: 3rd floor jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 04:50:31 pm »
I've an airflex mini that I was bought especially for taking upstairs in blocks of flats.  It really is very easy to carry up and bump down the stairs and will normally go on the landing or in a kitchen or bathroom.  It has enough capacity to do most flats on a fill or two of water. 

However, four or five trips up and down the stairs really adds to the job time and by Friday afternoon the last thing you want is another set of stairs.  Having the machine indoors is far from ideal as well. 

Unless it is  somebody I already do good  work for I try to avoid going upstairs now. 

mjm

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 05:07:34 pm »
Iam glad I turned it down 8 flights of stairs I could of taken the comanche but it's a one off  and  no parking in the complex and he wouldn't give me a permit

Steven Butler

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 05:26:04 pm »
If you have a CRB you could encap it

mjm

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 05:40:47 pm »
I wasn't confident to do it the traffic lanes were bad and  the entrance  I have only ever wed cleaned if it happens next time I will take gh  small er machine up there was a lady asking me for a quote she was on the 5th floor 🤣  I think I have lost my bottle I need to go  to the chair and think things through  o have had a 💩   day broke window cleaning pole today £250  2 sections  ism out before I start swearing thanks for help 😒

JandS

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 06:31:52 pm »
Won't do anything above 1 flights of stairs if I can't leave machine downstairs and run hose up central well of staircase.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Rafal Olszewski

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 08:19:36 am »
We used to take jobs up to 1st floor without a lift, anything above - we only accepted a job, if lift was available. It was a proper nightmare to carry on Enforcer upstairs. Then carry on dryers and other equipment. It always takes a lot's of time. I heard good things about a small Jag and Airflex mini, think they are powerful enough to do a decent job and small enough to be carry on upstairs. I also have a Sensei, which is small enough, but the problem is that it's just 135 psi and 1 vac, so not the best combination to do a  really  dirty carpets :) .

john martin

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 01:23:23 pm »
u probably know  ... the sensei already has a hose connector for an exhaust , so u can connect a booster to that which would solve your lack of power problem .

And ...  mjm already had an airflex booster so look out for a used sensei and you can tackle those upstairs jobs with ease .

mjm

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 03:04:52 pm »
u probably know  ... the sensei already has a hose connector for an exhaust , so u can connect a booster to that which would solve your lack of power problem .

Thanks maybe in a few months I will consider something   

And ...  mjm already had an airflex booster so look out for a used sensei and you can tackle those upstairs jobs with ease .

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 12:52:51 pm »
i have a large country house that has been converted to offices,3 floors and I do windows and carpets. No lift, but the owner/landlord lives and works on site so he will help me with the hwe machine if its an upstairs job. Other than that I only have 50ft of hose and nowhere to store any more, so if no lift then anything above first floor wouldn't work for me.
Cheers Rich