This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

I wonder where I stand
« on: April 30, 2020, 09:31:09 am »
I've been off work since the start of Covic19 and have not worked at all but I'm starting up again this coming Monday.

There has been a lot of talk about the Gov paying out the self employed sometime in June but I'm not sure where I stand.

I'm 67 and been getting state pension for the last 2 years, I don't get any other payments due to the fact that I'm still working and continue to pay my tax yearly but no national insurance.

I wonder if the Gov would pay out for the OAP's that are still working ? I certainly would not claim for UC as I would not get it due to savings in the bank.

To be honest this lockdown so far has cost me about £4000 in loss of earnings and I've been using my savings to live on and I'm not bothered if I don't receive anything as I am able to cover that, however as they say "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

G Griffin

Re: I wonder where I stand
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:48:54 am »
I don't see why not, Jay. They will already know that receive your state pension, I think.
You are eligible and have lost income. I think you'll hear something mid-May.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 09:51:54 am »
If you are filing a tax return, you will be paid 80% of your average profits over the last 3 years.

I am 80% certain.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 09:58:04 am »
I've been off work since the start of Covic19 and have not worked at all but I'm starting up again this coming Monday.

There has been a lot of talk about the Gov paying out the self employed sometime in June but I'm not sure where I stand.

I'm 67 and been getting state pension for the last 2 years, I don't get any other payments due to the fact that I'm still working and continue to pay my tax yearly but no national insurance.

I wonder if the Gov would pay out for the OAP's that are still working ? I certainly would not claim for UC as I would not get it due to savings in the bank.

To be honest this lockdown so far has cost me about £4000 in loss of earnings and I've been using my savings to live on and I'm not bothered if I don't receive anything as I am able to cover that, however as they say "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

IIRC your self employed earnings have to make up more than half your income and your self employed income has to be less than 50K. There was no mention of having state pension or not.

Have you has an email from HMRC , was it genuine and what did it say? Or if you have an accountant did your accountant receive an email on your behalf.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 10:46:35 am »
If you are entitled to it take it,everyone if they’ve not bothered to put a claim in or you’re not entitled each and every person that pays Tax will end up having to pay this back in the long term.
What are you gonna do say I don’t need it maybe you dont,like I say you’ll be one of the ones paying it back in the end.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 11:17:42 am »
If you are entitled to it take it,everyone if they’ve not bothered to put a claim in or you’re not entitled each and every person that pays Tax will end up having to pay this back in the long term.
What are you gonna do say I don’t need it maybe you dont,like I say you’ll be one of the ones paying it back in the end.
yeah that's true, if I'm offered yes I will take it

TYCOON

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 12:00:26 pm »
If you have been working as normal and lost no money you don't get the 80%.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 12:45:53 pm »

What makes you say that? How do you define normal?

If you’ve taken a morning off work due to Covid does that now mean you’ve been effected?

Large can of worms.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 01:05:04 pm »
Yes you do still get the money.

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 01:36:16 pm »
Everyone of us has been affected to some degree.

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 01:42:27 pm »

What makes you say that? How do you define normal?

If you’ve taken a morning off work due to Covid does that now mean you’ve been effected?

Large can of worms.
He's right; in a way.
You need to have lost income. That'll be up to each individual to decide.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TYCOON

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 01:46:57 pm »
    HM Revenue & Customs

Contents

Who can claim

The online service you’ll use to claim is not available yet. HMRC will aim to contact you by mid May 2020, and will make payments by early June 2020.

This scheme will allow you to claim a taxable grant worth 80% of your trading profits up to a maximum of £2,500 a month. It will be available for 3 months, but may be extended.

The grant will be subject to Income Tax and National Insurance contributions but does not need to be repaid.

You can make a claim for Universal Credit while you wait for the grant. You should record the grant as part of your self-employment income, and it may affect the amount of Universal Credit you get. This will not affect Universal Credit claims for earlier periods.

If you receive the grant you can continue to work or take on other employment including voluntary work.

If you have other employment as a director or employee paid through PAYE your employer may be able to get support using the Job Retention Scheme.
Who can claim

You can claim if you’re a self-employed individual or a member of a partnership and you:

have submitted your Self Assessment tax return for the tax year 2018 to 2019
    traded in the tax year 2019 to 2020
    are trading when you apply, or would be except for coronavirus
    intend to continue to trade in the tax year 2020 to 2021
    have lost trading profits due to coronavirus

You will need to confirm to HMRC that your business has been adversely affected by coronavirus. HMRC will as usual use a risk based approach to compliance

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 01:52:49 pm »
We can all speculate on this but untill further details are released, then we know as much as each other.  We know what the criteria is to be able to claim and we know they will contact all whonare able to claim come June.   Until then we know we are allowed to work, if you are able to do so.
So stay safe and try and get by in the best way possible for your needs. We cant overly worry about the unkown till we are at that point.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 10:58:03 pm »

Yes you do I know it sounds stupid but everyone will get it if they have worked or not , talk to your accountant and he will explain it to you , there are terms and conditions but the vast majority should get it .

deeege

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 05:45:44 am »

Yes you do I know it sounds stupid but everyone will get it if they have worked or not , talk to your accountant and he will explain it to you , there are terms and conditions but the vast majority should get it .

One of the conditions is ‘you have lost profits due to Coronavirus’ so like he says, if you’ve carried on working and lost no money then you won’t get it.

Do you really think they’ll be paying people out that have not been effected?  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 09:43:02 am »
Makes no difference you are  talking rubbish  if you’ve carried on working you’ll still get this grant if you come in under 50k a year,don’t forget it’s taxable so if you are earning the same as before you will pay more Tax next year.
At what point did you hear them say if you carry on working you won’t get it 🤣🤣🤣, how many times have you heard stay at home this last 2 months.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 09:55:46 am »
Makes no difference you are  talking rubbish  if you’ve carried on working you’ll still get this grant if you come in under 50k a year,don’t forget it’s taxable so if you are earning the same as before you will pay more Tax next year.
At what point did you hear them say if you carry on working you won’t get it 🤣🤣🤣, how many times have you heard stay at home this last 2 months.
No, he's not.
You need to have lost income but obviously this is up to you to decide. If you haven't but are prepared to say you are to get the grant then who am I to cast nasturtiums?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Soupy

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 10:56:32 am »
No, he's not.
You need to have lost income but obviously this is up to you to decide. If you haven't but are prepared to say you are to get the grant then who am I to cast nasturtiums?

I doubt very much that that will be the case.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 11:11:39 am »
It was a safe guard or don’t pannick,if you have money to come you’ll get it sometime at the beginning of next month.
Do you honestly think at the moment they’ve even considered not paying self employed people if they are still working,it’s not even on there radar if you have books for 3 years and are entitled you’ll get payment.
Furloughed workers have already been paid money went in last weekend.

Spruce

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 11:27:57 am »
It was a safe guard or don’t pannick,if you have money to come you’ll get it sometime at the beginning of next month.
Do you honestly think at the moment they’ve even considered not paying self employed people if they are still working,it’s not even on there radar if you have books for 3 years and are entitled you’ll get payment.
Furloughed workers have already been paid money went in last weekend.

We will have to wait and see.

They might argue that we are pensioners so we aren't entitled to self employment benefits. I'm expecting them not to contact me for the same reason. I hope they do but I'm not holding my breath.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)