Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Question To Those Not Working
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2020, 05:43:58 pm »
I’m not an expert, but from what I can tell, the government’s economic response has been astonishingly good. It’s like the Labour Party were in government.
PPE? Care homes?
Economic.
Health care is part of the economy.
No it isn’t. But for clarity I was referring to the financial package put in place. Furloughing, grants, business rates freeze, loans (if they get it working properly), self employed help and so on. Directors of small companies were ignored though. But overall I thought the package was breathtaking.

Unfortunately they’ve made an absolute mess of everything else.

So far they've dished out nothing.
True, but  I expect you deferred your VAT?  It’s frustratingly slow for everything else but we’re not in need of anything. We’re getting the £10k grant but we don’t need it. I’d hand it back if it were possible, but I figure along with everyone else I’ll be paying for this years to come.

Sorry. 10K Grant? Thought for self employed its 2.5 k a month for 3 months? Or am I missing something.
Who said I was self employed?

If you’re paying VAT You’re either self employed or a Ltd company, which is self employed in just other words .  ::)roll

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2020, 05:46:15 pm »
I’m not an expert, but from what I can tell, the government’s economic response has been astonishingly good. It’s like the Labour Party were in government.
PPE? Care homes?
Economic.
No it isn’t. But for clarity I was referring to the financial package put in place. Furloughing, grants, business rates freeze, loans (if they get it working properly), self employed help and so on. Directors of small companies were ignored though. But overall I thought the package was breathtaking.

True, but  I expect you deferred your VAT?  It’s frustratingly slow for everything else but we’re not in need of anything. We’re getting the £10k grant but we don’t need it. I’d hand it back if it were possible, but I figure along with everyone else I’ll be paying for this years to come.

Sorry. 10K Grant? Thought for self employed its 2.5 k a month for 3 months? Or am I missing something.

You are. 8weekly has a unit so can apply for a £10k grant off the government. It's linked to rates / rate relief.

If he didn't want it, he doesn't need to apply for it btw.

Thanks. A better answer than the prickly bod who I asked the question of.

jk999

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2020, 05:51:56 pm »
I wouldn't bank on the grant did anyone see those two brothers that run a garage apiece in different parts of the country one got the grant and the other one refused and both business's do the exact same thing

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2020, 05:57:25 pm »
I wouldn't bank on the grant did anyone see those two brothers that run a garage apiece in different parts of the country one got the grant and the other one refused and both business's do the exact same thing

Yes, that was a strange one.

G Griffin

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2020, 06:02:21 pm »
How have they got it/not got it so soon?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2020, 06:02:54 pm »
Friend of mine has just got the £10k grant (not a window cleaner)

The local Authority paid it into his estranged Wife’s personal account, right in the middle of a divorce battle. 😳
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

G Griffin

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2020, 06:06:58 pm »
Oh, the £10,000 one?
Sorry, my mistake.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

James Styles

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2020, 06:23:29 pm »
Friend of mine has just got the £10k grant (not a window cleaner)

The local Authority paid it into his estranged Wife’s personal account, right in the middle of a divorce battle. 😳
Jeez  :o what a nightmare! 

Mike Burd

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2020, 08:15:11 pm »
PPE? Care homes?
Economic.

If you’re paying VAT You’re either self employed or a Ltd company, which is self employed in just other words .  ::)roll
No, they are different. In actual fact and in how grants are being paid out. Self employed get 80% of profits if they don’t work, directors get furlough on their PAYE element and nothing on dividends if they choose not to work.

The £10k is business rate relief for those that get the small business rates relief and nothing to do with self employed.

Hope that helps.

Smudger

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2020, 08:28:15 pm »
You may find, in regard to the brothers mentioned that it's not about what the buisness is, it's what you rent - if your renting an old cow shed off a farmer for a bit of cash then you won't get the grant
HTH

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jk999

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2020, 08:36:25 pm »
Its the one with the smaller business that got the grant and the bigger business rejected

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2020, 09:03:34 pm »
PPE? Care homes?
Economic.

No, they are different. In actual fact and in how grants are being paid out. Self employed get 80% of profits if they don’t work, directors get furlough on their PAYE element and nothing on dividends if they choose not to work.

The £10k is business rate relief for those that get the small business rates relief and nothing to do with self employed.

Hope that helps.

Not really. Knew all that anyway. Maybe easier if you had said that was your position all along.

Thanks anyway.

And being furloughed as a CD is worth about £483 a month. Pointless.  ;D

Hope that helps.

dazmond

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2020, 09:40:51 pm »
Yep I've been nipping home most days to purify my water after work and I nipped home today to do some washing as my missus washing machine  has packed up.....

What are u gonna do griff?its not against the rules mate.....nobody but me at my flat so im not mixing with anybody else by nipping home....
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2020, 10:13:45 pm »
I have to say I see nowt wrong with that, daz is not visiting family members at differing addresses

I go to the unit every third day to run the vans and check everything is working as it should - I'm the only one there I see no difference between that and what daz is doing

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

G Griffin

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2020, 12:22:55 am »
Yep I've been nipping home most days to purify my water after work and I nipped home today to do some washing as my missus washing machine  has packed up.....

What are u gonna do griff?its not against the rules mate.....nobody but me at my flat so im not mixing with anybody else by nipping home....
I'm not going to do anything but it's against government guidelines; not my guidelines; the governments.
I'm sorry if you don't like them but you're quick to quote them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2020, 12:32:38 am »
I have to say I see nowt wrong with that, daz is not visiting family members at differing addresses

I go to the unit every third day to run the vans and check everything is working as it should - I'm the only one there I see no difference between that and what daz is doing

Darran
That's why we have government guidelines, They're not laws but are they essential journeys?
You are not supposed to be visiting family or friends. So if Daz is in his own flat, he shouldn't then be going to his birds or vice versa.
There might be a nipping 'home' to do some washing, purify some water, checking on my unit or I'm not seeing anyone or doing anything wrong loophole in the future.
But not yet.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2020, 01:14:53 am »

Darran
That's why we have government guidelines, They're not laws but are they essential journeys?
You are not supposed to be visiting family or friends. So if Daz is in his own flat, he shouldn't then be going to his birds or vice versa.
There might be a nipping 'home' to do some washing, purify some water, checking on my unit or I'm not seeing anyone or doing anything wrong loophole in the future.
But not yet.

Some people are just either stupid or selfish. Or both.

Smudger

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2020, 01:15:50 am »
He's not - he is with his partner but pops back to an empty flat

Darran

Jonny 87

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2020, 08:01:22 am »
Come on guys!

He is living with his partner, has been while this has been going on, he pops home (which has no one there) to fill up his vehicle etc. That’s the working but cannot work from home category. You can travel to an empty business premises, and even some that aren’t.

For guys who also love to quote the guidelines you really should read them some more.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Slacky

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2020, 08:07:20 am »
I think he cleans his inside windows when he returns. Charges an extortionate rate too.