Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

koopmaster

Did you do universal credit ?
« on: April 14, 2020, 04:55:13 pm »
I did sign up .. then cancelled as I went to work.. then got a shock when I realised I had lost a quarter of my work ..(business) and it's gonna be bad month.

Anyone else jump on the UC bandwagon?

CleanClear

Re: Did you do universal credit ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 04:57:49 pm »
it's gonna be bad month.

You'll have to forgive me, but i still can't stop laughing  ;D ;D ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 06:43:34 pm »
absolutely not.......id never apply for UC......too proud....never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....id rather work.....
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 06:49:00 pm »
Worked ever since leaving school at 17 and never claimed any form of benefit in my life

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 06:53:48 pm »
absolutely not.......id never apply for UC......too proud....never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....id rather work.....
What if you couldn't work?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 06:59:15 pm »

id have to be in a very dire situation before id apply for it mate......its not how i was brought up......you go to work NO MATTER WHAT  was our family motto  ;D.......

jk999

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 07:01:06 pm »
Would rather live of any savings i have than lower myself to claim uc £94 a week its a disgrace expecting people that should be working to live of that it wouldn't even cover my weekly shop

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 07:04:53 pm »

id have to be in a very dire situation before id apply for it mate......its not how i was brought up......you go to work NO MATTER WHAT  was our family motto  ;D.......
So you would apply for it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 07:08:11 pm »
Would rather live of any savings i have than lower myself to claim uc £94 a week its a disgrace expecting people that should be working to live of that it wouldn't even cover my weekly shop
People that should be working? What do you mean by that?
And you can claim it and be working.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Don Kee

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 08:04:03 am »

never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....

How’s that council house these days Daz?

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 08:45:35 am »

never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....

I pay my way..I dont claim any benefits like the majority of people around here mate....

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 08:49:46 am »
I think the point Daz is that council house residents may pay council rent but it's not at market level. It is subsidised housing.

Ooooooog

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 09:28:48 am »
 :D

Missing Link

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 09:42:37 am »
I think the point Daz is that council house residents may pay council rent but it's not at market level. It is subsidised housing.

In sleeply little Chepstow, rent for an average three-bed-semi is around £850 pcm.

That's flipping outrageous if you ask me.

Hopefully this current situation will kill off the buy-to-let market and rents can drop to an affordable level.

House prices need a good drop too; doesn't bother me in the slightest; I need somewhere to live.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slacky

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 09:48:27 am »
I expect Daz pays about £85.00 a week.

:-*

Ooooooog

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 11:26:40 am »

Scrounger

Don Kee

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 01:46:11 pm »

I pay my way..I dont claim any benefits like the majority of people around here mate....

The council house and the subsidised rent payments are a form of benefits.
In fact, over the years you’ll of (in your words) ‘sponged’ way, way more off the government than anyone that may have claimed UC over the past month.

I haven’t ever claimed myself but I wouldn’t judge someone else that felt they needed help, especially in the current situation.

Maybe try engaging the old brain before smashing your forehead against the keyboard, mate.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 02:14:36 pm »
Its a funny world with how people look down their nose on benefits. There are quite a few who work hard and can still apply for benefits in order to top their earnings up and these very same ones also pay their taxes as well.
I agree though thatbit has created a society who would rather not work and swindle the benefit services and this does need monitoring.

On the other hand, my circumstances are changing quickly and Im now looking into different situations as i may be finishing work altogether.  However, I would sooner be working and my wife (whos only in her early 30's, was fighting fit and didnt have any ailments which sees her in bed most days of the week)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 02:52:46 pm »

its £75 actually.......... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 02:55:58 pm »

The council house and the subsidised rent payments are a form of benefits.
In fact, over the years you’ll of (in your words) ‘sponged’ way, way more off the government than anyone that may have claimed UC over the past month.

I haven’t ever claimed myself but I wouldn’t judge someone else that felt they needed help, especially in the current situation.

Maybe try engaging the old brain before smashing your forehead against the keyboard, mate.

its the people that have been on benefits all their life is what i hate pal.....lazy people who could work but choose not to....not someone who needs a bit of help....calm down! ;D