This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Would you take back?
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:27:20 am »
Last year I lost a 6 customers, all in the same small cul-de-sac at the same time due to another window cleaner undercutting me.

Today they have all come back asking if I could take them all back again.  Seems they have not seen their wc for a long time.

Would you?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Shrek

Re: Would you take back?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 11:30:49 am »
Yep , if I had room and at a higher price than last time

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:41:55 am »
They probably now realise that cheapest isn’t always best and will be more appreciative of a reliable service. If it’s 6 houses all together I probably would take them back on.....but only at an increased price.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 11:44:09 am »
Yep.  Thinking the same, easy jobs for me  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 11:49:00 am »
Yep , if I had room and at a higher price than last time
That sounds like a punishment for jumping ship in the first place.
In these strange and uncertain times I'm not sure I'd have the front to do that. But depends on what the price was to begin with.
Wibbles was the undercutter way underpriced to gain them or were you high end to begin with ?
I'd take them back on anyway, 6 all in one cul de sac sounds like a good run of work to me and worth it.

hotsteam

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 12:24:01 pm »
What happens if the other window cleaner turns up  ?

Are you going to be binned off again ?  ::)roll

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 12:26:30 pm »
as above i'd offer to take them back on and explain you've had a price increase since then, you know they're not loyal so you got nothing to lose, milk them for what you can while you can i've learnt all while trying to provide the best service possible of course!

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 12:27:49 pm »
That would be a no from me.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 12:41:31 pm »
You’ve got nothing to lose now so I’d say they were going to go up before I lost you all so the new price will be X now,the only way i would only ever take any back.

hotsteam

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 12:50:19 pm »
A  have a cunning  plan, send a window cleaner you know well, to price them high, then when they ask you, you say sorry too busy !

Then you take a percentage every month for getting your mate the work !

Everyone's a winner  !   ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

jonny thompson

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 01:53:06 pm »
If you need the work, then yes, if not tell them to do one, personally I would tell them no chance

simon w

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 01:54:18 pm »
Depends if/how badly you need them back. Just tell them they'd missed an annual price increase while you'd stopped cleaning them. Charge double for each of the first cleans as they will need an initial clean to get them up to standard then each house a couple of quid more per clean for the regular maintenance clean. If some say no thanks then just say no problem.

lee_dewing

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 04:07:13 pm »
If they were good/quick  payers
I’d take them back

It’s best to have too much work at the moment

You may encounter some not today’s
Or leave till further notice

As said uncertain times

I’ve done a few one offs
Got caught on one who said monthly

But changed her story to monthly through the summer

Should have charged 50% more 1st clean
Entry gate 🤦‍♂️Should have known
15 years experience
I still get caught occasionally 😁

Did walk away from one last week
Said £35
He admitted  one off
He would only pay £30

As the window cleaner he uses from next door occasionally
Charges that 😁🤦‍♂️

Should have said £40
One off 5 bed detached
Would have took best part of an hour

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Pete Thompson

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 04:39:43 pm »
Nope.

That is all.

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 05:03:43 pm »
Depends if/how badly you need them back. Just tell them they'd missed an annual price increase while you'd stopped cleaning them. Charge double for each of the first cleans as they will need an initial clean to get them up to standard then each house a couple of quid more per clean for the regular maintenance clean. If some say no thanks then just say no problem.
I'd sooner have all 6 back than even just 5 leaving the door open for one of  them to find another cleaner ( maybe cheaper ) and the whole ship jumping thing start again.  They left initially on price because someone offered cheaper, I'd doubt they'd accept double price for the first clean but could be wrong.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 05:05:30 pm »
Yep I'd take them back on at a higher price  no problem....you ll find them to be good,reliable customers from now on.....they will NOT jump ship again(if u stick to your side of the bargain)by being regular,reliable and do a good job.....happy days.....👍
price higher/work harder!

mac74

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:02 pm »
My first feeling would be to tell them all to do one, as they probably had a cheap beer money type windy on it, and now he's f'd off, they all realise that the grass is not always greener. However for me it would depend on a few things i.e,
Is it fast easy cream work? 
Can i afford to lose 6 close/tight jobs? (which u did anyway)
Do i do any others in the cul de sac? (apart from those 6) 
Do i think this would happen again? 
Depending on the above, and if i did take them back on, thinking that they have all learned from it, and will now stick with me, i would tell them all that these jobs where due a sml price increase next april, BECAUSE i wouldn't  want them to think that i am penalising them, EVEN THOUGH I AM!  for f'king me around.
Also i would explain that the pricing is what it costs, when running a straight business! and that you are lucky he didn't damage anything before he disappeared! Good luck m

johnny bravo

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »
if you do not take them back,  someone else will

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 09:33:46 pm »
Assuming I had the time/space on the round to be able to fit them back in then I'd personally take them back.  Probably wouldn't increase the price either unless it was really low to begin with. 

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 10:29:42 pm »
its all about the money....take them back at a higher price....trust me if your a good window cleaner theyll never jump ship again now.....
price higher/work harder!