This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

j timms

Spreading the virus
« on: April 01, 2020, 01:48:04 pm »
I am absolutely shocked by the amount of people on here still going to work.
I know it is personal choice but surely the chance of infecting one person is totally unnecessary.
Forget the safe 2 metre guidelines what about the vast amount of surfaces you will touch within a days work.
We all move furniture, plants ,open gates, touch doors etc during a days work meaning the potential is there to spread the virus to multiple gardens during a days work.
People are spending more and more time in there gardens during this self isolation period so with all the will in the world it is impossible to gaurantee the virus will not be passed on.
Ultimately who wants this on there conscience.
If the government decide to stich us up on the 80% allowance then that is there bad and would be a massive betrayal to the millions of people doing the right thing and STAYING AT HOME and therefore having 0% of passing or contracting the virus.
Do people not realise the more people that Stay at home the quicker this virus will be eradicated and everyone not just the selfish few can get back to rebuilding the country.
God I’m bored beyond belief but any risk is a risk not worth taking it is after all just window cleaning.
That’s where the supermarket argument has absolutely no point in this argument as without food we die whereas I’ve never seen anybody die of dirty windows
Please please please stay safe guys I know we all have bills to pay but if we save just one life you can not put a price on that.

Richard iSparkle

Re: Spreading the virus
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 01:54:51 pm »
I know it is personal choice but surely the chance of infecting one person is totally unnecessary.
Forget the safe 2 metre guidelines what about the vast amount of surfaces you will touch within a days work.
We all move furniture, plants ,open gates, touch doors etc during a days work meaning the potential is there to spread the virus to multiple gardens during a days work.
People are spending more and more time in there gardens during this self isolation period so with all the will in the world it is impossible to gaurantee the virus will not be passed on.
If the government decide to stich us up on the 80% allowance then that is there bad and would be a massive betrayal to the millions of people doing the right thing and STAYING AT HOME and therefore having 0% of passing or contracting the virus.
Do people not realise the more people that Stay at home the quicker this virus will be eradicated and everyone not just the selfish few can get back to rebuilding the country.
God I’m bored beyond belief but any risk is a risk not worth taking it is after all just window cleaning.
That’s where the supermarket argument has absolutely no point in this argument as without food we die whereas I’ve never seen anybody die of dirty windows
Please please please stay safe guys I know we all have bills to pay but if we save just one life you can not put a price on that.

the government is asking us to carry on working if we can work within their safe guidelines which a lot of us can.

window cleaning externally is very low risk for this. we wear gloves, the customer can stay indoors, etc etc.

if the government, who are being advised by experts in this, are asking us to carry on working to keep the economy going then i think that is what we should do.

the government is not trying to stop the spread of the virus, they are trying to slow the spread of it. if they need to slow it more they will ask all non essential business to stop working

if the government asks us to stop working i will do so immediately. no question. regardless of the financial cost to me and my staff

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

andyM

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 02:08:23 pm »

And with that logic....why do you think window cleaners, postman, bin men, delivery drivers etc. are not dropping like flies?
I don't mean that to come across as argumentative or rude but to put some perspective on it. 
One of the Plebs

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 02:33:37 pm »
I'm shocked that the mods and admin are letting these idiots start the same thread over and over, I reckon the electric going off for a month would kill a lot more of these guys than the virus.

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 02:38:42 pm »
I went to my ‘local’ supermarket which is 7 miles away this morning. I live in the middle of nowhere. The roads seem to be getting busier since I last went out about a week ago. Don’t know if this is country wide? There was a small queue at the supermarket to get in. One woman reached across my wife to get something off a shelf. My wife turned round and said ‘social distancing’ the woman turned round and said if you’re that bothered shop on-line  :o
We look at them, they look through them.

harleyman

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 02:42:28 pm »
So all those going out are NOT HELPIING spread coivid????....😂

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 02:49:25 pm »
Not another silly post.   Some people don't understand the guidlines set by the government.

Not knocking anyone who wants to stay off work but don't bother with the contradicting scare mongering trying to force collapse on our industry.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 03:12:55 pm »
I'm shocked that the mods and admin are letting these idiots start the same thread over and over, I reckon the electric going off for a month would kill a lot more of these guys than the virus.

Shocked eh?  ::)roll
It's a game of three halves!

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 03:15:11 pm »

Sarcasm Gold sarcasm, maybe I should have put absolutely shocked (roll eyes)

Missing Link

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 03:16:40 pm »

Have a nice cup of Yorkshire tea.

It'll help calm you down.

My new shurflo pump arrived today; thank heavens suppliers and Yodel are still working.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 03:17:19 pm »
Aint Aprils fool meant to finish at 12?

So why is this nonsense still going on, debating about it
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 03:17:24 pm »

Sarcasm Gold sarcasm. (roll eyes)

Well I though it was standard sarcasm, not of the Gold standard.

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 03:19:39 pm »
Do you think that the post should be deleted or the poster banned? Just so that you don't feel uncomfortable about it?
Get a grip.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 03:19:51 pm »

As things stand it seems that this forum has more than it's fair share of "shocked people" - those that are shocked that some are working and those that are shocked that some are not.

I find that a balanced view helps; one that respects a different decision to our own.

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 03:22:28 pm »
No one can really argue with that point. But they will.
There's a difference between 'go to work' and 'only go to work'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 03:22:59 pm »

We're not quite over the peak hysterical postings curve yet.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 03:24:39 pm »
The next post will be claiming a life sentence in prison for anyone that cleans a window tommorow.  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 03:25:18 pm »

We're not quite over peak hysterical postings curve yet.
Do you want to try again?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 03:25:55 pm »
No one can really argue with that point. But they will.
There's a difference between 'go to work' and 'only go to work'.

It's like window cleaners know more about epidemiology than the scientists at the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies.

I'll just trust the science-led government advice.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 03:27:27 pm »
I wear surgical gloves and as my Mrs is always telling me I’ve only ever got my pole in my hand.