This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Starting again
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 12:48:19 pm »
I'll be trying to do a couple of days a week.

I really don't want to be out and I've gone back and forth on this a few times but ultimately bills need to be paid and whilst the self employed and employed have been guaranteed some help at the minute at least I'm left in no man's land and not sure if I'll get any help.

This thing could go on for months. If i knew I was just 2 or 3 months I could deal with that, but it's the unknown.

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 12:49:18 pm »
You can make all the excuses you  want  To work  it's not esential. What makes you think they would whant you there any way  at this time.... when they are self isolating the seeing you all over there property. They realy is no excuse to just turn up.
Look mate , if they made the help offer more rapid , even a bridging loan to be deducted when sorted I would down tools now , but it isn’t like that so needs must  , end of !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 01:16:50 pm »

I really don't want to be out and I've gone back and forth on this a few times but ultimately bills need to be paid and whilst the self employed and employed have been guaranteed some help at the minute at least I'm left in no man's land and not sure if I'll get any help.

This thing could go on for months. If i knew I was just 2 or 3 months I could deal with that, but it's the unknown.
Can't you furlough yourself as an employee, Gomo?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

andyM

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 01:47:08 pm »

But with the Government's written documents saying a business that is not mandated to close should work then the moral imperative is to not be an unnecessary burden on the tax payer.

Thank you.
This is how i see it too.
There are many genuine cases where businesses are unable to function right now due to no fault of their own, and those are the people that need financial assistance right now.
I am absorbing losing a few of my commercial customers (at least while their premises are closed), but i will continue to offer the service to all customers that want me to continue and i feel obliged to do so.

One of the Plebs

johnwillan

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 02:11:04 pm »
You can make all the excuses you  want  To work  it's not esential. What makes you think they would whant you there any way  at this time.... when they are self isolating the seeing you all over there property. They realy is no excuse to just turn up.

I worked a long day on Monday and that evening went to London to move my daughter's stuff back to Bristol for the foreseeable.
I listened to Boris's announcement that evening while sat on double yellow in London's east end while Mrs Gold and Littlest Gold got the stuff from her flat.

The next day I was too knackered to work and listened to all the to-ing and fro-ing on the TellyBox and on here and decided I would sit this week out for clarification. By Wednesday I pretty much decided that whatever the rights and wrongs and detail of the legislation, I didn't feel right working as a window cleaner. Then Nicola Sturgeon gets up and says Gardeners and Window Cleaners can and should work for the benefit of the community.

I have the luxury of being able to sit this out - especially with £2,500 a month from the government - but reading the FAQ's on the link from the post it does say that if my business hasn't been named as being in lockdown then I can, maybe even saying I should work.

But with the Government's written documents saying a business that is not mandated to close should work then the moral imperative is to not be an unnecessary burden on the tax payer.

However, I still don't feel comfortable doing so. Come Monday I might or I might make myself available to do so depending how Government clarification and public mood continues.

I think this explains it all

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 02:29:02 pm »

I worked a long day on Monday and that evening went to London to move my daughter's stuff back to Bristol for the foreseeable.
I listened to Boris's announcement that evening while sat on double yellow in London's east end while Mrs Gold and Littlest Gold got the stuff from her flat.

The next day I was too knackered to work and listened to all the to-ing and fro-ing on the TellyBox and on here and decided I would sit this week out for clarification. By Wednesday I pretty much decided that whatever the rights and wrongs and detail of the legislation, I didn't feel right working as a window cleaner. Then Nicola Sturgeon gets up and says Gardeners and Window Cleaners can and should work for the benefit of the community.

I have the luxury of being able to sit this out - especially with £2,500 a month from the government - but reading the FAQ's on the link from the post it does say that if my business hasn't been named as being in lockdown then I can, maybe even saying I should work.

However, I still don't feel comfortable doing so. Come Monday I might or I might make myself available to do so depending how Government clarification and public mood continues.

I think this explains it all
It does. The last two sentences in particular.

One point though- and I'm not casting Nicola Sturgeons- is the unnecessary burden on the taxpayer bit.
Would anyone that has carried on as normal (or will carry on as normal) claim the grant? Or would you, for moral reasons, just not apply?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

andyM

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 02:40:27 pm »

One point though- and I'm not casting Nicola Sturgeons- is the unnecessary burden on the taxpayer bit.
Would anyone that has carried on as normal (or will carry on as normal) claim the grant? Or would you, for moral reasons, just not apply?

That's a good question.
My work schedule and productivity has been seriously disrupted and im having to put measures in place that i have not needed to before.
However although i will be absorbing a financial loss, i will have to wait and see how large that is.
I would hope that if it were not large i can swallow it and carry on without claiming.
But at this moment i do not know how large that loss will turn out to be.
I am fortunate that my son is still able (at the moment) to attend school, if he were not i would of had to finish last Friday.
So i will try to keep ploughing on the best i can, when i can, and hope that the people who are in a worse financial position than me through no fault of their own right now will get the help they need as soon as possible. 
One of the Plebs

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 02:57:12 pm »

That's a good question.
My work schedule and productivity has been seriously disrupted and im having to put measures in place that i have not needed to before.
However although i will be absorbing a financial loss, i will have to wait and see how large that is.
I would hope that if it were not large i can swallow it and carry on without claiming.
But at this moment i do not know how large that loss will turn out to be.
I am fortunate that my son is still able (at the moment) to attend school, if he were not i would of had to finish last Friday.
So i will try to keep ploughing on the best i can, when i can, and hope that the people who are in a worse financial position than me through no fault of their own right now will get the help they need as soon as possible.
As I said earlier, Andy, things are changing continually.
I think that it could be a safety net for those that haven't been too affected. Even an insurance by the government should things get really bad and stricter lockdowns follow.
And you might as well claim because you're going to pay it back anyway. The warnings of less favourable tax conditions and increased national insurance contributions have already been heard.
Anyone not wanting 'free money' and 'government handouts' will still pay for it, as admirable as their actions are.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 03:08:43 pm »

No my accountant has messaged me just now saying they have spoke to HMRC and I won't qualify for either scheme

Can't furlough a sole director as there would be no one left to administer the business apparently.

I'm alright with a few months of savings but annoyed I have to spend my savings when loads will get a hand out.

But such is life

G Griffin

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 03:16:26 pm »

No my accountant has messaged me just now saying they have spoke to HMRC and I won't qualify for either scheme

Can't furlough a sole director as there would be no one left to administer the business apparently.

I'm alright with a few months of savings but annoyed I have to spend my savings when loads will get a hand out.

But such is life
Ah, right.
It's a bad do and I'm not having that the grant is available to 95% of the self employed.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 03:35:37 pm »

I will be applying, at the moment I reckon I’ve lost around £150 per month of work, mostly commercial. This is sure to rise over the coming months. Also things could change overnight, the permission to work could be retracted at any time. I will be entitled to the full grant of £2500 per month but what I will say is, if I do profit from this horrible situation it would be totally wrong and immoral, it will be passed onto some NHS charity and family members who have suffered hardship. I will also have to take into account that if my work is largely unaffected, the following year I will probably be paying back 41% of anything I receive

Shrek

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 03:42:05 pm »
For the most of us that get paid online it’ll be obvious when HMRC looks at our bank account showing money going in for the last god knows how many years then April a big fat zero going in

TomCrowther

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 03:49:15 pm »

But such is life
My accountant is v sharp. He mailed me saying that a suggested grant of just 80% of my small monthly wage is the figure if I furlough myself. This is being discussed further as it is treating us very harshly compared to the self employed and employed.
My other half is also a director of the business and I have not yet heard if she is treated the same or not.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 05:01:46 pm »
As Italy and America reach new highs and the top echelons of the UK government and its advisors have CV I wonder if tighter restrictions will be in place over the weekend.
Public opinion may tighten against 'unnecessary work' as deaths mount and struggling UK High Intensity wards are shown on TV.
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:31 pm »

I will be applying, at the moment I reckon I’ve lost around £150 per month of work, mostly commercial. This is sure to rise over the coming months. Also things could change overnight, the permission to work could be retracted at any time. I will be entitled to the full grant of £2500 per month but what I will say is, if I do profit from this horrible situation it would be totally wrong and immoral, it will be passed onto some NHS charity and family members who have suffered hardship. I will also have to take into account that if my work is largely unaffected, the following year I will probably be paying back 41% of anything I receive
I don't blame you, you are entitled and you might need it. I hope not though.
If you do and don't need it, I reckon it'll just be part of your yearly return and you'll be taxed more.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2020, 06:12:24 pm »
As Italy and America reach new highs and the top echelons of the UK government and its advisors have CV I wonder if tighter restrictions will be in place over the weekend.
Public opinion may tighten against 'unnecessary work' as deaths mount and struggling UK High Intensity wards are shown on TV.
That's always been at the back of my mind. And now many of us have been offered a lifeline should we be forced to stay home.
Then the PM gets the virus.
Things will be open to change; be on your toes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐