This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pete Thompson

Re: So after the self employed announcement
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2020, 11:50:55 am »
You sir are lower than a snakes belly!
How do you know he will be getting a big fat cheque from the chancellor? Do you have access to his tax returns?

Lol! Whatever.

Of course I don’t know if he will or not, but that isn’t what I said.

What I said customers may not like the idea of their window cleaner, who is permitted to work, sitting at home with their fat cheque from the government, while their service is interrupted.

It was an observation. That’s what the customer may well be thinking. Especially those with someone self-employed in the family.

It’s also what I would be thinking if my grass-cutting man decides to sit it out for 3 months.

NWH

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2020, 11:59:24 am »
I will carry on for as long as I can do ,I’m not looking to sit at home like some window cleaners,
Some of them want to enjoy the time off that’s why they ain’t liking some of these facts that their work might be gone 🤣,it’s not so enjoyable sitting on you’re arse thinking I hope I don’t lose work coz it will happen.
Already spoken to a couple of fellow WCs they lost all commercial till further notice and have been told we don’t know when we will want you to start again we need to look after our staff first,one has been told off the record that the window cleaning here will be the last thing they think about when this all settles down.
They might want a hot system when they get round to cleaning em again because a lot of them may be well over a year or  18 months before they get a scrub lol,are you not telling me that within that time other firms won’t be after that work,of course they will it’ll be a free for with that kind of work when this is done.

G Griffin

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2020, 12:15:16 pm »
That’s a different situation. I was off for 10 weeks one time following spine surgery,
So they removed it then?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

p1w1

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2020, 12:26:48 pm »
That’s a different situation. I was off for 10 weeks one time following spine surgery,
So they removed it then?
;D ;D

andyM

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2020, 12:30:49 pm »
Lol! Whatever.

What I said customers may not like the idea of their window cleaner, who is permitted to work, sitting at home with their fat cheque from the government, while their service is interrupted.

It was an observation. That’s what the customer may well be thinking. Especially those with someone self-employed in the family.

It’s also what I would be thinking if my grass-cutting man decides to sit it out for 3 months.

Pete you might consider that there will be exceptions.
For example since the schools have closed some Parents have no choice but to stay home with the kid/s.
One of the Plebs

G Griffin

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2020, 12:41:48 pm »
Lol! Whatever.

For example since the schools have closed some Parents have no choice but to stay home with the kid/s.
Yeah, but we've got a plump, East European au pair so I can work and save my business.
But I'm going to stay home with my fat Czech.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pete Thompson

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2020, 12:43:56 pm »

Of course!

And if my grass- cutting man emailed and said “I’m sorry I can’t work for the moment as school closures mean I have to look after the kids” I’d have total sympathy with that. I’d get him back as soon as the schools re-opened or he had childcare sorted.

I’m pretty sure window cleaning customers would too.

But “I’m just going to sit at home for 3 months even though I’m permitted to work” is totally different. Especially now the government is paying.

This is what customers think! If you don’t like it, or don’t believe it, well sorry but so what?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2020, 12:56:07 pm »

Of course!

And if my grass- cutting man emailed and said “I’m sorry I can’t work for the moment as school closures mean I have to look after the kids” I’d have total sympathy with that. I’d get him back as soon as the schools re-opened or he had childcare sorted.

I’m pretty sure window cleaning customers would too.

But “I’m just going to sit at home for 3 months even though I’m permitted to work” is totally different. Especially now the government is paying.

This is what customers think! If you don’t like it, or don’t believe it, well sorry but so what?
That’s a bit of a sweeping statement is it not? How do you know what customers think, have you done a  national survey? There  have been plenty posts on here from window cleaners who have decided to stop working, telling us their customers have been supportive of their decision.

G Griffin

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2020, 01:00:09 pm »

Of course!

Like my fat Czech?
Do you think window cleaners would actually say that they are just staying at home because they had their fat cheque even though they were allowed to work? For now.
They might lie, just like your grass cutting man might lie.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

paulswindows

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2020, 01:15:25 pm »
Most of us will be getting the 80 percent so why carry on when they are asking people to stay at home to save lives?
When the fatalities start going up to Italy and Spain levels the public might not stand for anyone being out on their street when they don’t need to be there, never mind what the police are doing. It could get quite risky.
There might have been some sympathy
before but not now everyone knows the self employed are getting help. Having said all that I do believe there will be a total lockdown anyway very soon that was always planned as the next stage.

Dave Willis

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2020, 01:17:11 pm »
They might think , look at that greedy numpty still working - I bet he’s still claiming his money off the government too!

Missing Link

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2020, 01:23:51 pm »
They might think , look at that greedy numpty still working - I bet he’s still claiming his money off the government too!

Most people can't seem to understand the simple staying at home guidelines and the exemptions; they'll have no chance understanding what the government's offering.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

KS Cleaning

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2020, 01:36:22 pm »
Most of us will be getting the 80 percent so why carry on when they are asking people to stay at home to save lives?
When the fatalities start going up to Italy and Spain levels the public might not stand for anyone being out on their street when they don’t need to be there, never mind what the police are doing. It could get quite risky.
There might have been some sympathy
before but not now everyone knows the self employed are getting help. Having said all that I do believe there will be a total lockdown anyway very soon that was always planned as the next stage.
Because at the moment the government are advising me due to the nature of my work and the fact that  I work alone,  I am permitted  to continue to work. When they tell me to stop working (and I think that’s only a matter of time)  I will again take their advice, and stop working.

NWH

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2020, 01:38:20 pm »
Yep as soon as they say you cannot go to work I’ll stop going sure thing.

Missing Link

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2020, 01:51:51 pm »

But but but the epidemiological scientists on this forum say you'll kill your customers.

Or family.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slacky

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2020, 01:55:50 pm »
So they removed it then?

lol you tosser Griff  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2020, 01:59:11 pm »

But but but the epidemiological scientists on this forum say you'll kill your customers.

Or family.
Yeah, they say that window cleaners don't make a blind bit of difference to the corona virus.
And don't hug, just to be on the safe side.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐